Round 1 (Pick #3): DT Marcell Dareus - University of Alabama

SDS

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Tim Graham article almost had me in tears twice. Once with Marcel's story about his mother. And the other with tears of joy over this High Character monster we got!!

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/28490/marcell-dareus-makes-colossal-impression

"I want to be a pro on and off the field," Dareus said. "I want to handle myself in the community, back home with my brothers and sister, and when I do have kids I want to be a pro around them, let them know and set an example.

"Sometimes you have it. And even if you worked for it, that doesn't mean you have to flaunt it and blow it all away."

Dareus recalled after he visited One Bills Drive last month, he called one of his brothers and said "Buffalo might be my city." He said it reminded him of Tuscaloosa, a city with everything you need but a smaller feel and rabid fans who support the team.

If Dareus proves sincere about his feelings and can back up the Bills' scouting department's faith in him, then fans will have a new hero in their midst.

"I just want to go out there and give everything I have," Dareus said.

The Bills just received the most credit for taking Dareus than I have seen in a long, long time. They basically broke it down that Dareus can line up anywhere on the line & rule, he will make all 10 other players better. Wow, this is just so cool to have a chance to play strong defense. Somebody give me a pre-season event, help me. :thumbsup:

I'm not gay, but I LOVE Trent Dilfer :blush::wub:

F Trent Dilfer, I LOATHE HIM!!! Ironically someone asked him (of all people) "Given the right tools could Fitz lead a team like us to Playoffs. He said NO :o:o:o I think Fitz has a way bigger upside, but you give Fitz the D Dilfer had in Baltimore and he could have brought them multiple titles. What a joke he is

I was high on Miller for awhile, but this pick is the safest in the draft. Thank god Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey are running the show.

Shoot I was high on Miller only because I didn't think there was a snowballs chance in hell Darius would still be there. As far as I am concerned, this is sign. A sign that the the stars have finally shifted in favor of Buffalo, the Bill's and the fans. Mark it down. This the turning point.