Official Non-Bills Draft Thread

Holy Sh!! Bruschi just said something good about the BILLS!?!

He said Kelvin Sheppard was his favorite Day 2 pick!!! BOOO YAAAAAAAAAA

how you feeling now joe 6 pack?

but what does he know he only played in the NFL as a LB for a decade,LOL

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised some people don't like the picks thus far. For the first time in quite a while I'm optimistic about the Bills' draft. In my opinion they have added three solid defensive players. Of course there are other holes on the team to fill, but you can't fill them all at once. They only had three picks so far. I believe they have found three future starters. That's more than most entire drafts of late. Time will tell, but I think the Bills finally get it.

No one at the NFL/pro level echoes your sentiments. Even the hated Bruschi raves about this acquisition. Let's see, McShay/NFL greats vs. J-t-6-p.. Hmmmm who should I believe...:unsure:

Saints have had the most picks. Kinda makes 'Best draft' statement debatable as well.

And gruden had nothing good to say but was ecstatic when saints took Wilson sa few picks later, and kiper said he nay not start and will be more a special teams guy. Pick your experts.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

They drafted the right position in Rd 3, but they took the wrong guy. How is taking a guy in rd 3 who would have been there in rd 4 a great move?

and you know this how kreskin?

you believe this because someone on espn gave their opinion that they thought he would make it to the fourth.

every time you post all you do is make yourself look more foolish. how anyone can say where a player would go is ridiculous.

i'm sure you knew that locker or would go before gabbert,and ponder and locker would go 30 spots higher then they were projected to go by the media experts,give me a break!

WTF papazoid? How can you say the Pats (barf) had a good draft? They took the kid from LSU way too early and Mallett to sit behind Brady and hold a clip board. Not to mention a Oline kid who had a 3rd round grade. Detroit, Bucs, Bungals, and yes! I think the Bills have done the best so far in the draft. Why? They haven't reached at all this year on any of the players. They have sat back and let good players come to them. They are building there D like they should. # players that will make a impact year 1. LOVE IT! Trade Maybin for a water jug and some cups. then Moats can go after the QB'S on the outside.

we agree on 4 of 5....lol.....as far as the patriots go......they used 5 picks in the first three rounds and don't forget they picked up an extra second rounder this year and a first rounder next year from new orleans for their #27 pick AND an extra second rounder for next year from the raiders for a third and fourth this year. plus i happen to think Ryan Mallet will be the best QB from this class.

they now have two #1's and two #2's for 2012 and they are not done.

Edited by papazoid

They drafted the right position in Rd 3, but they took the wrong guy. How is taking a guy in rd 3 who would have been there in rd 4 a great move?

How do all you guys know these things? It is amazing to me. Any other future events you can predict for me?

Bruschi was just on ESPN raving about Sheppard, saying great instincts and a coach on the field. Nice.

But how can Sheppard be good when his forty yard dash time puts him in the fourth round? He was slower than 7 other guys in the "run around the garbage can" drill and his fresbie toss shows he has weak wrists.

Oh wait .. some people actually watch the way these guys play in a real football game? Great idea. (Sarcasm off)

We were on the A path until we whiffed on their little pet Shrpperd, who's 4.8 40 would have meant he was there in Rd 4.

Best draft goes to Saints

My draft rag has him running a 4.64 Sounds good for an inside backer.

Also, if the Bills coaching staff worked with him for a week at the Senior Bowl -- they know EXACTLY what they are getting. Maybe, just maybe, another guy might be marginally more talented. But here's a guy the Bills staff KNOWS. Talent being relatively equal, take the guy that offers the better KNOWN value.

If my ILB has to run 40 yards to get to the ball carrier, then he's lining up behind my safeties and I need to talk to my D coordinator.

good point. Thats why I love those 10 yard drills at the combine. Shows first step and explosiveness. For inside linebackers my number one characteristic is ability to shed blockers. In the NFL you don't roam free, someone is always assigned to you (including on special teams even when it looks like chaos). Being able to work through your blocker and make the play is what inside guys need the most.

40 yard straight run unblocked is such a poor indicator of how a dude is going to play pro ball between the tackles in a real game.

Sounds like Sheppard could be the next Daryl Talley on Defense. (Leadership, tenasity). Don't know much about him = just what I read in this morning's Buffalo News.

Aaron Maybin was a 10+ sack guy the day after he was picked. :)

How do all you guys know these things? It is amazing to me. Any other future events you can predict for me?

The world will end in 2192. Care to wager?

Kiper bases his opinions on rumors, his contacts on teams and stats. I prefer to listen to someone who knows how to watch tape.

Are you kidding? Kiper's a walking encyclopedia of college football. As quickly as they put up a film clip after a selection, he's all over it. He'll even know everything about the 7th rounders and those players not drafted.

He's only a couple years younger than me but I can't remember that much info anymore without notes. The guy's amazing in what he retains on all of these players.

I can't watch ESPN. I think the Geneva Convention has outlawed watching Berman for more than 5 minutes as an act of torture. His schtick has gotten so old. I have heard him making up stupid nicknames for the last time. Thank goodness there's the NFL Network.

DITTO!