Aaron Maybin

swimtoga

Do you criticize yourself as much as you do Maybin? I think what we see in Maybin is what most of us see in ourselves when we look in the mirror, God given potential, struggling to find a way to harness it.

Maybe Maybin and everyone else needs to look a little closer. Maybin is exactly like the majority of people; they think they have a lot more talent than they actually do.

Edited by Ramius

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you all think that Wannstache can get Maybin over the hump . After all he was hired to coach the LB corp. Is there any thing there for Wanny to work with ??

I think this will be Maybins last stand all of the NFL draft guru's are saying he's a major bust . If the guy is listening to any of that stuff he's probably really depressed or really motivated .

So what do you think ??

Edited by T master

Maybin never had a chance, ever, he just didnt. Its sad the Bills felt the need to draft a player who so clearly had no business being in the NFL. No amount of coaching can turn him around. He has no instincts, no size, no strength, and he isnt even that great of an athelete by NFL terms (zero change of direction ability). The only thing that has kept him on the team this long is his draft status, that is it. He should be cut and make room for another UDFA who is already leaps and bounds better than him. Just get him off the team already.

Maybin never had a chance, ever, he just didnt. Its sad the Bills felt the need to draft a player who so clearly had no business being in the NFL. No amount of coaching can turn him around. He has no instincts, no size, no strength, and he isnt even that great of an athelete by NFL terms (zero change of direction ability). The only thing that has kept him on the team this long is his draft status, that is it. He should be cut and make room for another UDFA who is already leaps and bounds better than him. Just get him off the team already.

This.

Well, I think we'd all like to see him develop into something, anything! But the odds are running out, based on what we've seen; my prediction is he is cut this year.

It still baffles me how an entire organization could be so duped, and stupid. The average PSU fan knew he was a fraud, he wasn’t a starter at the beginning of the season, only played because the starter got hurt, racked up some big numbers against Coastal Carolina, Youngstown, and Temple, etc., then he was pretty-much shut down by the Big Ten, and had one good play in the Rose Bowl.

He may have looked good “coming off the bus” at the draft combine, but the place players should be evaluated is in results in real games … and he has never had that. Why did anyone expect it would be different with Maybin at a higher level?

All, which leads me to think, even though there are so many red flags, that Cam Newton should be our pick.

Consider what he has done on the field, and against what, and it seems like a no-brainer. Winners win (Newton), frauds get exposed (Maybin).

Due to his speed (which is a true thing), his relatively young age when he was drafted (most of his draftmates were 21 or likely older due to redshirtting while his records indicate he was 20 max and a mere year makes a difference at that age), and the fact he took up the game relatively late in life (this provides the disadvantage he is less trained but the advantage there is more room for growth), he might make rapid progress.

However, we likely would have seen some sign of it by now and we have not.

The ONE place where the conventional wisdom may actually be right is that it takes 3 years to really judge a draftee,

This is Maybin's third year so chances of adequacy are small.

However, the Bills already made the mistake of drafting him under an already fired regime.

Complaining about him is really reduce to mere whining and bleating at this point.

I wish him well and hope he can make it but really doubt he can.

Anyone who thinks Maybin will ever see an NFL field again must still be sitting in the pumpkin patch waiting for The Great Pumpkin every October.

Try to imagine that he was not a high round draft pick then develop a (realistic) opinion.

If Maybin has any smarts, he's now studying up for a state real estate or insurance licensing exam so he can move on with his life.

There were numerous posts and threads over the years discussing Bills biggest draft busts. Whatever those conclusions were, it's fairly undisputable that Maybin is at the top of the heap for biggest ever first round busts by the Bills.

At least players like Patulski, Tuttle, Flowers, Tom Ruud, Terry Miller, even Mike Williams, actually were on the active roster for most of their tenture. This clown is in street clothes most of the time. When they do let him "dress up in a Bills costume", he gets shoved around like a rag doll.

Erin, better start crackin those books so you can pass that exam.

He's not even that talented. His combine numbers were average.

Basically the Bills drafted an average talent who got a lot of money and therefore played even worse than average.

You guys would be shocked by how Maybin spends his evenings. Let's just say lots of whores and cocaine are involved. He doesn't watch film or prepare.

good thing the rocket scientists who thought he could play in the NFL are gone.

Oh wait- Modrak is still head of scouting and Nix is now GM

both pushing to take the next undersized, over-hyped LB project

can't wait for Thursday

good thing the rocket scientists who thought he could play in the NFL are gone.

Oh wait- Modrak is still head of scouting and Nix is now GM

both pushing to take the next undersized, over-hyped LB project

can't wait for Thursday

They didn't make the pick though. They merely provided the information that said he would be a perfect fit for the team.

:lol:

Thoner, I believe you're right in everything you say here. The thing is, at the time Maybin was drafted, there were plenty of pundits who spoke out and saw him as having a high potential. I was one of those who wanted someone else, but reading up on Maybin around the internet at the time it was "OK, maybe he'll be a good player".

I guess my question is why that was the case when in hindsight, most would agree he had no business being in the NFL. It sorta seems like the ability to predict who can succeed in the NFL needs improvement.

He's not even that talented. His combine numbers were average.

Basically the Bills drafted an average talent who got a lot of money and therefore played even worse than average.

You guys would be shocked by how Maybin spends his evenings. Let's just say lots of whores and cocaine are involved. He doesn't watch film or prepare.

When it comes to cocaine and whores, I find that watching film and preparation are overrated anyhow. Some of us just seem to get out of bed with that kind of talent.

Thoner, I believe you're right in everything you say here. The thing is, at the time Maybin was drafted, there were plenty of pundits who spoke out and saw him as having a high potential. I was one of those who wanted someone else, but reading up on Maybin around the internet at the time it was "OK, maybe he'll be a good player".

I guess my question is why that was the case when in hindsight, most would agree he had no business being in the NFL. It sorta seems like the ability to predict who can succeed in the NFL needs improvement.

Most of the people blabbering about prospects have no idea what they are talking about. Ironically a lot of NFL teams fall into that category, which is just astonishing to me. Unfortunately for us fans, the Bills are at the top of that list. While people in the media (McShay) are talking about Maybin as a top 10 pick, smart, good drafting teams Im sure have him as a 5th rounder on their board. They have to - or else they wouldnt be good drafting teams. The opposite of that scenario played out last year when Jax took Tyson Abelou or whatever his name is - no one knew who he was but he was a great player. The Bills trade up for McCargo who Kiper said was a 4th round pick. Its extremely common for one team to rank a player as a top ten and another team wont even have the same player on their board - at all.

Its a myth that Maybin was unanimously a top ten player. IMO it was the most obvious bust of a pick in the history of the draft. Some people knew it, idiots didnt, the Bills didnt. Its easy to connect the dots.

Most of the people blabbering about prospects have no idea what they are talking about. Ironically a lot of NFL teams fall into that category, which is just astonishing to me. Unfortunately for us fans, the Bills are at the top of that list. While people in the media (McShay) are talking about Maybin as a top 10 pick, smart, good drafting teams Im sure have him as a 5th rounder on their board. They have to - or else they wouldnt be good drafting teams. The opposite of that scenario played out last year when Jax took Tyson Abelou or whatever his name is - no one knew who he was but he was a great player. The Bills trade up for McCargo who Kiper said was a 4th round pick. Its extremely common for one team to rank a player as a top ten and another team wont even have the same player on their board - at all.

Its a myth that Maybin was unanimously a top ten player. IMO it was the most obvious bust of a pick in the history of the draft. Some people knew it, idiots didnt, the Bills didnt. Its easy to connect the dots.

I'd love to have a video of the reaction in the Ravens or Patriots war room when the Bills drafted Erin Maybe. I'll bet they had to call the trainer for oxygen after running out of breath, laughing at those hapless Bills.

Much has been made of Michael Vick and many were against him coming to Buffalo (and they got their wish).

But Aaron Maybin seems to be a hard working guy, trying his very best, and seems to also have the Penn State ethos, ie he is not in trouble constantly or even at all.

MAybe Mabybin is not a good example as he NEVER plays, so use Donte Whitner instead. Also a solid citizen it would appear.

Would you rather have a solid citizen who is madiocre or a complete idiot in eal life who plays big on the field?

I would take the Vick type.....

Much has been made of Michael Vick and many were against him coming to Buffalo (and they got their wish).

But Aaron Maybin seems to be a hard working guy, trying his very best, and seems to also have the Penn State ethos, ie he is not in trouble constantly or even at all.

MAybe Mabybin is not a good example as he NEVER plays, so use Donte Whitner instead. Also a solid citizen it would appear.

Would you rather have a solid citizen who is madiocre or a complete idiot in eal life who plays big on the field?

I would take the Vick type.....

What?