Aaron Maybin

swimtoga

What?

He wants to know if you would prefer a Bill who is a decent person but is average or worse at football, or a scumbag who is a very good player or better.

Me, I want good players. I don't give a flying !@#$ what they do off the field as long as they don't miss games. All of the high and mighty "not on my team" people need to look at themselves in the mirror first then STFU. This is football, not an audition for sainthood.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Character is important, but 4-10 year after year is not cool. Maybe to be a truly good team, you need to suffer with a few whack jobs. During the Steelers glory days, they had some real high character guys like Franco Harris and Rocky Bleier, but they also had some whack jobs like LC Greenwood. The team needs some high character guys to gain "street cred" in the community, but a team full of Mark Kelso's probably won't take us to the Super Bowl.

Much has been made of Michael Vick and many were against him coming to Buffalo (and they got their wish).

But Aaron Maybin seems to be a hard working guy, trying his very best, and seems to also have the Penn State ethos, ie he is not in trouble constantly or even at all.

MAybe Mabybin is not a good example as he NEVER plays, so use Donte Whitner instead. Also a solid citizen it would appear.

Would you rather have a solid citizen who is madiocre or a complete idiot in eal life who plays big on the field?

I would take the Vick type.....

It is football, you want production from a first round pick.