NFLN 's Jamie Dukes calls Ryan Mallet a Wigger

in that same video the white guy that isn't Eisen said that Blaine Gabbert scored a 52 on the Wonderlic. I don't know how that is possible, but ok

Not sure if you were being sarcastic, but the "white guy" that isn't Eisen is Trent Green. lol

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Dukes 100%.

When I first heard him talk, he fell off my 1st round draft board. I wasn't a BIG fan of him coming to buffalo due to the fact I think his game will shine if he has a good pass blocking Oline. I don't regard our Oline as that. But hearing him talk, solidified my thoughts his slide to the 2nd round. I liked McKelvin when we first picked him, then I heard him talk and I almost fainted. I still like him as a player, but wow, wtf Leodis? How can did he graduate HS, let alone college? Just my opinion, i hope no one gets offended.

Holy crap I thought the same thing about McKelvin. And Parrish.. I haven't heard Mallet talk. Although it doesn't bother me that he called him a wigger. I do think it is wrong. It is a racial slur. Replace the W with a N and it would be the story of the century and he would be fired... It's a double standard. In my opinion it's the same as calling a black person that sounded "white" a uncle Tom.

Although I just read the article and he didn't say the word wigger....

I agree with Dukes 100%.

When I first heard him talk, he fell off my 1st round draft board. I wasn't a BIG fan of him coming to buffalo due to the fact I think his game will shine if he has a good pass blocking Oline. I don't regard our Oline as that. But hearing him talk, solidified my thoughts his slide to the 2nd round. I liked McKelvin when we first picked him, then I heard him talk and I almost fainted. I still like him as a player, but wow, wtf Leodis? How can did he graduate HS, let alone college? Just my opinion, i hope no one gets offended.

Dareus and Fairley scare me off because of how unintelligent they sound.

What a racist pig. how can he go on air and say such things? He needs to be reprimanded immediately. NFLN should fire him and demand an apology. I cant sit around and take offense to such things. Embarrassing.

I do not see that in his statement. He was just trying to give us a complete picture of Mallett. I think you are over reacting to this just a little bit.

Mallett does talk like a white guy trying to sound black. Not sure how a guy born in rural Arkansas picks up that style?.. but whatever... I still think he will be a big time QB in the NFL. If he slips to the front of round 2, I'd take him.

What a racist pig. how can he go on air and say such things? He needs to be reprimanded immediately. NFLN should fire him and demand an apology. I cant sit around and take offense to such things. Embarrassing.

Not necessarily based on the article which was posted. He did not use the derogatory term Wigger (a white version of the N word and not used in polite conversation). He referred to him as "street" which also does not specifically say "black" (African-American, people of color, colored people or whatever wording is current or you choose to use).

In fact, based on the words attributed to him in the article, the only racist assumption here may be yours if you assign the word "street" to Americans of African descent which is a prejudgment that all people of that lineage are street.

No one would confuse Barack Obama or any editor of the Harvard Law Review as being "street".

If you draw that conclusion one may not have to look that far for an answer to the question of who is making assumptions which simply do not apply in all cases based on race.

Mallet is a Wigga? Does he look like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=vHQjvNKab9g

ROFLMAO!!! That video makes Eninem & Fred Durst look so silly!! I don't know much about Mallet, but that video was funny as hell, thanks for posting it!!! :worthy:

Edited by mike oxhurtz

Mallett does talk like a white guy trying to sound black. Not sure how a guy born in rural Arkansas picks up that style?.. but whatever... I still think he will be a big time QB in the NFL. If he slips to the front of round 2, I'd take him.

He does still have a little of that in his speech but you can also tell he's actually worked hard to curb it...Petrino is on record stating he sent Mallet to Speaking Classes...Petrino is also on record saying he was all over Mallett after the Public Intoxication deal and that he has absolutely no doubt Mallett is a good Kid...Those who want to sit back and think Ryan Mallett is the same person he was 3-4 years ago are in for a HUGE surprise...He's not the same Kid...He has an excellent Family behind him and a HUGE jock background...He was immature, but believe the fact that he understands that and is working hard to change it...He was voted a Team Captain before he ever played a down at Arkansas...He's no where near as bad a Kid as some would make him out to be...I'm a Michigan Fan...But I think unfortunately a lot of the negative crap being thrown around about Mallett comes from disgruntled Michigan Folks...Just my opinion of coarse...

Now none of that is necessarily going to make Mallett a great or even a good NFL QB...But he is a Football-gym-rat and I'm guessing he's going to have a chip on his shoulder the size of Mt Everest by the time he gets Drafted and settled into the NFL...From that point on I'm also guessing he's going to work REAL hard...I think he will be a 1st one in, last one out QB...Football is Mallett's refuge and he's going to bury himself in it...Honestly I think going to a City like Buffalo would be perfect for Mallett because the distractions would be limited (albeit a Kid looking for trouble can find it anywhere)...My fear is he'll be Drafted by NE or Miami...I think with the right Coaching he could be better than good...With and arm like that anything is possible... B-)

Jamie Dukes is very articulate ;)

Believe it or not, not all of Arkansas is rural and it definately has some pretty tough hoods. Little Rock may be one of the most gangsta places in all of Dixie. It is a beautiful state though.

I wouldn't mind at all if the Bills gave him a shot if he falls to the second or prefferably third. He has the skills and football intellect. I have no doubt that this kid will work hard and play with a chip on his shoulder.

Edited by Buffalokie

This post needs to be removed. It is grossly inappropriate. Jamie did not call him a "wigger", which is an offensive, racist term. He called him a street dude, much like eminem or vanilla ice. Yes, white people can be street as it is closely tied to economic status. The OP is the one who made it into this offensive post, so I suggest the moderator remove this post altogether.

For anyone who disputes that the term is not offensive, just break down what wigger means. It mixes "white" with the "n-word". Not cool..... :thumbdown:

POW!!!!

He does still have a little of that in his speech but you can also tell he's actually worked hard to curb it...Petrino is on record stating he sent Mallet to Speaking Classes...Petrino is also on record saying he was all over Mallett after the Public Intoxication deal and that he has absolutely no doubt Mallett is a good Kid...Those who want to sit back and think Ryan Mallett is the same person he was 3-4 years ago are in for a HUGE surprise...He's not the same Kid...He has an excellent Family behind him and a HUGE jock background...He was immature, but believe the fact that he understands that and is working hard to change it...He was voted a Team Captain before he ever played a down at Arkansas...He's no where near as bad a Kid as some would make him out to be...I'm a Michigan Fan...But I think unfortunately a lot of the negative crap being thrown around about Mallett comes from disgruntled Michigan Folks...Just my opinion of coarse...

Now none of that is necessarily going to make Mallett a great or even a good NFL QB...But he is a Football-gym-rat and I'm guessing he's going to have a chip on his shoulder the size of Mt Everest by the time he gets Drafted and settled into the NFL...From that point on I'm also guessing he's going to work REAL hard...I think he will be a 1st one in, last one out QB...Football is Mallett's refuge and he's going to bury himself in it...Honestly I think going to a City like Buffalo would be perfect for Mallett because the distractions would be limited (albeit a Kid looking for trouble can find it anywhere)...My fear is he'll be Drafted by NE or Miami...I think with the right Coaching he could be better than good...With and arm like that anything is possible... B-)

Could not agree more. I do not know how Mallett fell so far in the draft. I thought for sure he would be the 1st qb off the board at the end of his season. If he is available when our 2nd pick comes up, if I am Nix/Gailey I run to the podium with Mallett's name on it. He is the most ready NFL QB in this draft & with that arm, if he could learn to slide away from the pressure the sky is the limit for him. Marino was rumored to have a drug problem too before the 83 draft. He turned out okay.

In fact, based on the words attributed to him in the article, the only racist assumption here may be yours if you assign the word "street" to Americans of African descent which is a prejudgment that all people of that lineage are street.

Since when does racism have to have anything to do with "Americans of African descent"?

It sounds like some of you need to get out of the house more...

Sorry, searching the internet for random (or in this case, made up) words and innocuous comments to justify ones self-serving, moral outrage is our new national pastime.

For the record my comment was not serious, just playing devils advocate. Everyone needs to lighten up. Like this whole Kobe thing – really? He was visually upset and said a word – big whoop. That word has many different meanings, just like the word bar, which could mean pipe, drinking establishment, geographical feature, level of accomplishment (ie bar exam), musical measurement or ban. I believe it is also a unit of measurement. Kobe’s word could mean homosexual, bundle of sticks, or a**hole/jerk, among others.

Could not agree more. I do not know how Mallett fell so far in the draft. I thought for sure he would be the 1st qb off the board at the end of his season. If he is available when our 2nd pick comes up, if I am Nix/Gailey I run to the podium with Mallett's name on it. He is the most ready NFL QB in this draft & with that arm, if he could learn to slide away from the pressure the sky is the limit for him. Marino was rumored to have a drug problem too before the 83 draft. He turned out okay.

I don't even think it's going out on a limb any longer to predict Mallett does not get past Miami at #15 overall...I think the garbage that still lingers about his character is almost 100% Fan based...It's coming from people who don't have a clue what the truth is...If there was any meat to the rumors you would be hearing A TON more like we have with Fairley, Jimmy Smith, et all...The truth is nothing is sticking with the Mallett rumors..He never tested positive for drugs at Arkansas, he was a Team Captain, he played in the most Pro-style Offense, and he has an absolute cannon for an arm...

Now none of that means he's the next Marino for sure...But he's a QB...He's not going to fall too far... B-)

Although I don't recall the word "wigger" ever being mentioned, there were similar criticisms about Big Ben coming out of college. He presented in interviews (according to some) as being kinda "gangsta-ish" acting....if you will. For what it's worth, I haven't seen this from Mallett. He certainly isn't as charming and charismatic at a guy like Cam Newton (sarcasm), but I feel that he has been reasonably well-spoken, classy, and respectful to the pushy media jerks.

Mark my words....a lot of teams will regret passing on Ryan Mallett. I just hope, if he does make it to #34, that we don't make the mistake of passing on him.