This year's Maybinot??

What player from this draft will turn out to be totally useless? It doesn't have to be someone the Bills pick, but should be someone in say the top 50. By totally useless I mean barely ever see the field.

My pick is Mallett. He is far too slow for the NFL.

Does he have to never see the field? That’s a bit hard to predict. Why can’t completely sucking on the field count?

The easiest answer here is Jake Locker – he completely sucked in college, and I would be surprised if he starts more than 3-5 games in his career. Those starts will be out of pure need due to injury. As a QB he wont be asked to play STs – which Maybin cant do.

Maybe the most “out-there” answer is Von Miller. If Von Miller is selected by a 3-4 team, or for some reason is drafted to play 4-3 DE (ironically like Maybin was) then he will be completely useless on D. STs I would expect him to excel at though.

Those are my two answers

Does he have to never see the field? That’s a bit hard to predict. Why can’t completely sucking on the field count?

The easiest answer here is Jake Locker – he completely sucked in college, and I would be surprised if he starts more than 3-5 games in his career. Those starts will be out of pure need due to injury. As a QB he wont be asked to play STs – which Maybin cant do.

Maybe the most “out-there” answer is Von Miller. If Von Miller is selected by a 3-4 team, or for some reason is drafted to play 4-3 DE (ironically like Maybin was) then he will be completely useless on D. STs I would expect him to excel at though.

Those are my two answers

I was overstating it when I said "never see the field". It should have been "ends up playing five times as many plays per game as Maybin or less". That is practically never. Playing but bombing the first year is also acceptable as is, for QBs or WRs only, riding the pine for a year and then stinking when they get in.

Cam Newton... but that one to me is glaringly obvious.

You're opinion is you're opinion. I find it hard to believe that its glaringly obvious to anyone that a 6'6 250 lb QB with a big arm, moves and jukes like a RB, that can throw off would be sackers, that didn't lose a game in college (that I know of) and won a national championship and the heisman, will never see the field. I guess you do though.

I'll give you a list.

-Adrian Clayborn DE--will run out of gas.

-Christian Ballard DE--will be too slow.

-Tyler Sash S --will be run over, around and through.

-Cameron Heyward DE--too lumbering, not a good pass rush

-Christian Ponder QB--injuries and looks miserable in the cold

What player from this draft will turn out to be totally useless? It doesn't have to be someone the Bills pick, but should be someone in say the top 50. By totally useless I mean barely ever see the field.

I think Mallett will fail, but because he is a numb-skull, not because he has poor

foot speed.

I'll give you a list.

Im suprised you dont like Clayborn or Heyward. They are big guys that produced for a long time. I deff agree with Claybornes conditioning, but he could easily re-dedicate himself. They may not be superstars, but I doubt they disappear like Maybin.

Im suprised you dont like Clayborn or Heyward. They are big guys that produced for a long time. I deff agree with Claybornes conditioning, but he could easily re-dedicate himself. They may not be superstars, but I doubt they disappear like Maybin.

Wait a minute, aren't you the guy that told me that judging a player based on college production is "the worst idea EVER"?

As for the topic at hand, here's my bust list:

Offense - Tyron Smith

Defense - Nick Fairley

Edited by thebandit27

Are you for real? Mallett may be useless but I would hardly attribute it to lack of speed. Tom Brady and Peyron Manning are friggin' statues. Unless your Michael Vick whose game is predicated on speed I don't give a rat's ass how fast a QB can run.

Are you for real? Mallett may be useless but I would hardly attribute it to lack of speed. Tom Brady and Peyron Manning are friggin' statues. Unless your Michael Vick whose game is predicated on speed I don't give a rat's ass how fast a QB can run.

Brady and Manning may not be good runners but both move very well in the pocket. I'd hardly call them statues. If Mallett can move in the pocket he should be ok. We'll see. Nobody was as slow as Marino and he seemed to do ok. Especially after his torn achilles. Of course his release was a great equalizer for lack of quickness.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Newton and Locker at QB but could play other positions. BTW Mallett will play, slow doesn't mean Jack at QB, just ask Peyton, Brady and Roethlisberger.

I'll give you a list.

Heyward will be a stud, probably for New England :sick: