This year's Maybinot??

Wait a minute, aren't you the guy that told me that judging a player based on college production is "the worst idea EVER"?

As for the topic at hand, here's my bust list:

Offense - Tyron Smith

Defense - Nick Fairley

No, I told you evaluating a player based on stats was the worst idea ever. It seems you still can't tell the difference.

Edited by Thoner7

No, I told you evaluating a player based on stats was the worst idea ever. It seems you still can't tell the difference.

No, you said, and I quote:

who in their right mind grades on college production? That is the worst idea EVER.

Want the link to the exact quote? Here:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/128344-von-miller-discussion/page__view__findpost__p__2099528

(EDIT: it's 2 paragraphs from the bottom of your post)

Don't get snippy just because you got called out for your duality...

:lol:

Glad you enjoyed that, but I'm serious. I don't like 1-year wonders.

Edited by thebandit27

No, you said, and I quote:

who in their right mind grades on college production? That is the worst idea EVER.

Want the link to the exact quote? Here:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/128344-von-miller-discussion/page__view__findpost__p__2099528

(EDIT: it's 2 paragraphs from the bottom of your post)

Don't get snippy just because you got called out for your duality...

Glad you enjoyed that, but I'm serious. I don't like 1-year wonders.

I must have missed this gem. If you hadn't linked the thread from which the quote came, I never would have believed someone would post something like that around here. It defies logic and I'm surprised Thoner would say that.

But other than EVERY GM, coach, scout, and any other player evaluation personnel a team might employ, I can't think of anyone who would evaluate players based on production.

GO BILLS!!!

I must have missed this gem. If you hadn't linked the thread from which the quote came, I never would have believed someone would post something like that around here. It defies logic and I'm surprised Thoner would say that.

But other than EVERY GM, coach, scout, and any other player evaluation personnel a team might employ, I can't think of anyone who would evaluate players based on production.

GO BILLS!!!

Yeah well, it's also the thread in which Thoner told me he didn't like the way Nate Solder played like garbage against Ohio State, Oregon, and Arizona...none of whom Colorado played in 2010 (or in 2009, 2008, and 2007 for that matter)...

Here's the link for that gem too:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/128344-von-miller-discussion/page__view__findpost__p__2099857

I go on to clarify that grading on statisitcal production is stupid, while football production is not, something you seem to still not comprehend.

And I also admitted my stupidity in listing the wrong teams. My memory is not perfect, I knew I had watched a handful of his games. I couldnt remember which ones specifically, so I googled his schedule. When I clicked the link for 2010, 2011 came up. I listed the teams i thought I had seen kinda confused like because the bells werent ringing. When bandit pointe dout my error I realized what had happened and admitted it.

Yet still, you dont admit there is a difference in football production and statistical production. I forgot the Grahm Harrel, Chase Daniels, and Colt Brennan were all #1 overall picks.

You're opinion is you're opinion. I find it hard to believe that its glaringly obvious to anyone that a 6'6 250 lb QB with a big arm, moves and jukes like a RB, that can throw off would be sackers, that didn't lose a game in college (that I know of) and won a national championship and the heisman, will never see the field. I guess you do though.

Yes. And because Peyton Manning and Dan Marino could never do that in college, that must mean that Newton will be better. Those are all the most essential things to being an NFL QB. :thumbsup:

Jamarcus Russell, Matt Leinart, Vince Young, Gino Torretta, Danny Weurffel, Troy Smith, Tim Tebow, Jason White, have all won the Heisman and a national title as well. So whats your point?

And the last option QB to win a Heisman Trophy? Eric Crouch. How's he doing?

Edited by DreReed83

I go on to clarify that grading on statisitcal production is stupid, while football production is not, something you seem to still not comprehend.

And I also admitted my stupidity in listing the wrong teams. My memory is not perfect, I knew I had watched a handful of his games. I couldnt remember which ones specifically, so I googled his schedule. When I clicked the link for 2010, 2011 came up. I listed the teams i thought I had seen kinda confused like because the bells werent ringing. When bandit pointe dout my error I realized what had happened and admitted it.

Yet still, you dont admit there is a difference in football production and statistical production. I forgot the Grahm Harrel, Chase Daniels, and Colt Brennan were all #1 overall picks.

Well, I for one am relieved to hear you differentiate between statistical production and football production because it's the latter that talent evaluators go by every time. As a matter of fact the more "statistical" production a player has in college, the more he is scrutinized to ensure that the stat line is legit or not. There's no need to go into how many different ways a stat can be misleading.

GO BILLS!!!

You forgot Timmy Chang. NEVER forget Timmy Chang.