Afghan Outrage Over Quaran Burning

H2o

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110402/ap_on_re_as/as_afghanistan

The foolishness of some people never ceases to amaze me. I, myself, am a Christian and have been active with my faith for about 14 years. Never in my life have I felt God lead me to desecrate something from another person's religion. The blood of these people are upon the heads of those who are involved at that church. There are examples of people burning idols, sorcery materials, and tearing down altars that were erected for other gods in the New Testament, but it was at the people's free will and it was their own. I have had to get rid of some things that I had at various points in my life because of the things attached to it. The message of Christ is love. It is our love that separates us from the rest. We do not have to agree with what others believe, but we are to show them the love of Christ even though our beliefs are different. That Muslim that you show the love of Christ may one day accept Him into their hearts. Things like this are completely ill advised, tragic because of the end result, and against the very thing that we are supposed to do which is sharing the love of Christ and what He did on the cross for us.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110402/ap_on_re_as/as_afghanistan

The foolishness of some people never ceases to amaze me. I, myself, am a Christian and have been active with my faith for about 14 years. Never in my life have I felt God lead me to desecrate something from another person's religion. The blood of these people are upon the heads of those who are involved at that church. There are examples of people burning idols, sorcery materials, and tearing down altars that were erected for other gods in the New Testament, but it was at the people's free will and it was their own. I have had to get rid of some things that I had at various points in my life because of the things attached to it. The message of Christ is love. It is our love that separates us from the rest. We do not have to agree with what others believe, but we are to show them the love of Christ even though our beliefs are different. That Muslim that you show the love of Christ may one day accept Him into their hearts. Things like this are completely ill advised, tragic because of the end result, and against the very thing that we are supposed to do which is sharing the love of Christ and what He did on the cross for us.

Are you for real? 20 people dead is equal to burning a book? Those morons over there are insane. It's that simple

Are you for real? 20 people dead is equal to burning a book? Those morons over there are insane. It's that simple

I know what they are doing is wrong, there is no questioning that at all. What I am saying is all of this was completely avoidable. This "Rev. Terry Jones" is an irresponsible man and is not doing this because the Lord told him to, you can bet that. He did this to draw attention and now the blood of those people is on his hands.

I know what they are doing is wrong, there is no questioning that at all. What I am saying is all of this was completely avoidable. This "Rev. Terry Jones" is an irresponsible man and is not doing this because the Lord told him to, you can bet that. He did this to draw attention and now the blood of those people is on his hands.

Do you also believe women who are raped deserved it if the clothes they were wearing are to revealing? It's attitudes like that of the OP is what is sending society down a spiraling cesspool. Lets blame someone else for your actions. I don't like what you posted so off with your head!

That Muslim that you show the love of Christ may one day accept Him into their hearts.

H20, with that blasphemous sentence, you just gave Muhammad Abdul Muhammad Muhammad Muhammad an excuse to behead some poor schmoe.

---

It's OK for Muslims to call Christ a minor prophet. Nobody in the West blinks twice. But that's different. They can say things like that, but others can't say similar things about theirs.

Why are they so brutal to others' religions, yet so sensitive about their own? For a good deal of them, it seems like their faith is so timid that it can't accept the least bit of criticism before they break out the dull machetes to silence any questioners. That's not religion, it's barbarism. A true religion can stand withstand the criticism of anybody.

Religion is just an excuse their leaders use to motivate and explain away acts of (usually politically-motivated) barbarity.

Do you also believe women who are raped deserved it if the clothes they were wearing are to revealing? It's attitudes like that of the OP is what is sending society down a spiraling cesspool. Lets blame someone else for your actions. I don't like what you posted so off with your head!

H20, with that blasphemous sentence, you just gave Muhammad Abdul Muhammad Muhammad Muhammad an excuse to behead some poor schmoe.

---

It's OK for Muslims to call Christ a minor prophet. Nobody in the West blinks twice. But that's different. They can say things like that, but others can't say similar things about theirs.

Why are they so brutal to others' religions, yet so sensitive about their own? For a good deal of them, it seems like their faith is so timid that it can't accept the least bit of criticism before they break out the dull machetes to silence any questioners. That's not religion, it's barbarism. A true religion can stand withstand the criticism of anybody.

Religion is just an excuse their leaders use to motivate and explain away acts of (usually politically-motivated) barbarity.

I do not agree with what they believe. I do not condone their actions. I think that some of the things done in that culture are completely horrid. Islam is surely not a religion of peace. I am saying, however, that all of this could've been avoided if a Rev. in Florida had not been so foolish as to create a public spectacle and burn a book for attention. That is what I'm getting at. All this was for was attention. He could've burnt the book after church one Sunday behind the building if he felt the need, but no. He has to proclaim what he's doing to the world and make sure he gets his "best side" facing the camera. You want to make a stand against what's going on in your country? Pray to God that His will would be done in our land and that there would be an outpouring of His Spirit into the heart of every man, woman, and child. Fast, pray, be obedient to what He's telling you to do, and watch things around you begin to move. Like I said before, I am fairly certain that God didn't tell him to publicly threaten to burn a Quaran and do it for all to see.

Edited by H2o

The good Rev. is clearly a complete jerk off, but let's not underscore the idiocy and fanaticism of those rioting. Some small time preacher at a small time church burns a koran of his own volition, and they're going to cast blame with a broad net and start offing "foreigners" as revenge? That's about like me going down to the local convenience store and opening fire on the muslims that own the place b/c of something some Imam half a world away said.

Interesting too that the actions of 1 man can be attributed to the west as a whole, but the actions of thousands of muslims cannot be used to infer anything about their culture.

Edited by Rob's House

The good Rev. is clearly a complete jerk off, but let's not underscore the idiocy and fanaticism of those rioting. Some small time preacher at a small time church burns a koran of his own volition, and they're going to cast blame with a broad net and start offing "foreigners" as revenge? That's about like me going down to the local convenience store and opening fire on the muslims that own the place b/c of something some Imam half a world away said.

Interesting too that the actions of 1 man can be attributed to the west as a whole, but the actions of thousands of muslims cannot be used to infer anything about their culture.

Spot on!

The minister is a stupid fool and should rot in hell for his actions. He had to know that his actions would in some way harm westerners somewhere. With that said, the murderous rioters should rot in hell too. Would spending infinity with 72 Rosie O"Donnell clones be too cruel?

Edited by 3rdnlng

Spot on!

The minister is a stupid fool and should rot in hell for his actions. He had to know that his actions would in some way harm westerners somewhere. With that said, the murderous rioters should rot in hell too. Would spending infinity with 72 Rosie O"Donnell clones be too cruel?

Just putting that thought in my head was too cruel.

So you basically want to sink down to their level?

I'm sure there's an interesting logical process by which you arrived at this conclusion. Would you be so good as to explain it to me?

They are making incorrect assumptions about the "West" based on one person. On the other hand, "but the actions of thousands of muslims cannot be used to infer anything about their culture." refers to the fact that you're using "extremists" to make assumptions about Islamic culture which, although not in the same proportion, is sinking down to their level.

They are making incorrect assumptions about the "West" based on one person. On the other hand, "but the actions of thousands of muslims cannot be used to infer anything about their culture." refers to the fact that you're using "extremists" to make assumptions about Islamic culture which, although not in the same proportion, is sinking down to their level.

You won't be saying that when your head is rolling down a flight of stairs! :devil:

Or I was simply pointing out a double standard. I didn't advocate shooting up the convenience store.

I don't demonize individuals for being muslim, however, there is quite a bit about mainstream muslim belief and practice that I have a problem with. I find it interesting that often the very people who defend muslim culture would be up in arms if anyone tried half that **** over here.

Or I was simply pointing out a double standard. I didn't advocate shooting up the convenience store.

I don't demonize individuals for being muslim, however, there is quite a bit about mainstream muslim belief and practice that I have a problem with. I find it interesting that often the very people who defend muslim culture would be up in arms if anyone tried half that **** over here.

And you have a right to express that difference in a free society. I have a tough time ever supporting any religion that would target you for violence for sharing that opinion.

I don't demonize individuals for being muslim, however, there is quite a bit about mainstream muslim belief and practice that I have a problem with.

I'm not being confrontational, but for the sake of asking, what parts do you have a problem with?