Afghan Outrage Over Quaran Burning

H2o

Please stop with the moral equivalence. I'm not going to paint a billion people with a broad brush, but the rioters have a lot more in common with the majority of their religion than Terry Jones does with his. Period.

I have always just narrowed it down to good people and bad people. All religions have them- both Jones and the assassins (which is what they are), are looking for power and attention.

Both had messages to get across and they chose a very poor way to do it. What Jones did in no way justifies killing anybody, I have seen the results of burning an American Flag, and I can understand the emotion involved. From what I have heard, this wasn't an emotional response, it was terrorists taking advantage of a situation that presented itself, which is worse, if that is possible.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the media was responsible for reporting every time a moron did something stupid, it would make newspapers about 4,000 pages every day. This guy was a nothing until some idiot reporter decided to listen to him. It is not their job to report every stupid thing they hear. Can you imagine the number of stories about Canada if that were to happen?

No sh**. Things like balancing the budget, economic growth and lower unemployment rates would get lost in the shuffle.

It becomes easier to balance the budget when you don't need to field a real military.

As a nation, that is true. As a household, many budgets are balanced by ignoring the need for high priced dentists and books and stuff.

So, what you are saying is in order to balance the budget we shouldn't field a real military?

getting of topic... but it would be much more cost effective and realistic to cut off welfare abuse, eliminate wasteful social programs, cut political pork and close the southwest border flow of illegal welfare recepients.

That would be more value to this country than reducing the military.

getting of topic... but it would be much more cost effective and realistic to cut off welfare abuse, eliminate wasteful social programs, cut political pork and close the southwest border flow of illegal welfare recepients.

In all fairness to Frenkle it was pointed out to me in a PM that I misunderstood his post. Frenkle was referring to Canada's lower military costs because we would protect them. I wonder what Crayonz has to say about this?

In all fairness to Frenkle it was pointed out to me in a PM that I misunderstood his post. Frenkle was referring to Canada's lower military costs because we would protect them. I wonder what Crayonz has to say about this?

Like any legitimate defense contractor is going to accept Canadian money anyway.

You know, I really want to give you the benefit of the doubt because I know you didn't choose to be Canadian, but you don't seem to be showing much remorse.

I guess I am a "cup half-full" kinda guy....it's just that our cups are full of either beer or bacon grease.

So, what you are saying is in order to balance the budget we shouldn't field a real military?

We could better balance our budget by not deploying real militaries.

Link?

I guess I am a "cup half-full" kinda guy....it's just that our cups are full of either beer or bacon grease.

I love Canada - seriously. It's just like the fact that I can't help teasing my little brother sometimes.