Merriman tweets desire to join WWE

Beerball

Didn't Ted Washington, Rueben Brown, Jimbo & Pat Williams do WCW stuff back in the day? I could've sworn I seen them wrestle in Buffalo? (was 10 when this went down)

IIRC, wasn't Ray Bentley, and/or maybe Mitch Frerotte involved, in some way, with pro wrestling?

Either way, it looks like Merriman isn't the only NFL player looking to supplement his income during the lockout...somehow, this doesn't bother me...two NFL fringe WR's going to play in the AFL:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6227522

Edited by Buftex

Ernie Ladd, Bill Goldberg and Steve McMichaels were former NFL players that went onto successful careers in pro wrestling.

LT also wrestled Bam Bam Bigelow at a Wrestle-mania and actually did OK considering his lack of training. Also Dennis Rodman and Karl Malone also wrestled a few matches for WCW.

I really wish WCW was still around.

Didn't Ted Washington, Rueben Brown, Jimbo & Pat Williams do WCW stuff back in the day? I could've sworn I seen them wrestle in Buffalo? (was 10 when this went down)

back in the superbowl days jimbo,bbbruce,talley and reed were at a pay per view in buff and got to beat on one of the wrestlers as members of the audiance

Sounds like a man who mentally already has one foot out the door.

Why is it someone with a foot out the door there are many football players looking to do other stuff durning the lock out the ravens safety is boxing Ray Lewis says he wants to fight MMA all of the players are out of work if he wants to go act like a wrestler to make some money let him do it

You all need to chill.

"OMG, Merriman tweeted about something other than football. Its the end of his career! What an unfocused bastard! The Sky is failing! Run!!!"

Why so Serious?

I think pretty much everyone thinks this is no big deal, except for Joe and Roush...isn't this what people wanted? A high-profile guy, who would get some ink outside of Buffalo? Merriman had one great season, and is best known, beyond that for his involvement with steroids, a slew of injureis, and his tumutious relationship with a reality star (or wahtever the hell she is) Tela Tequila...why would the fact that he wants to be involved in WWE any big deal? It seems logical to me...he obviously isn't going to spend his down time looking for a cure for cancer...

Edited by Buftex

Does anybody remember how sick Shane McMahon was in the late 90's? There was like a 6 month period where he would wrestle in every PPV and take one insane bump in each one. To this day, Shane vs. Kurt Angle at (I think) King of the Ring is THE best match I have ever seen. On a related note, Kurt Angle is THE best wrestler I have ever seen- when you combine his array of moves with his technical wrestling skills. Man I friggin loved the WWF in the late 90's.