Gabbert Pro Day

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compared to....you need to go back to elementary school to improve your reading comprehension skills, yours is of a 1st grader, if that. I'll spell it out for you ok? I said, I thought what he did with Fitz and the offense last year was amazing.... Where did I say that our offense was amazing? I don't expect a reply, you know your wrong. Go troll someone else please.

Pretty offensive for him commenting on your statement, which is really questionable. So you thought what Gailey did was amazing? Why? What did Gailey do with Fitzpatrick that was so amazingly different than what Fitzpatrick had done in the past when he started in 2009? Sure he improved on his stats a bit, but amazing?

In order for Gailey to do something amazing with someone, you need a baseline to compare it to-that's just a fact. If you can't understand that then don't attack someone's reading comprehension because you don't understand there HAS TO BE A COMPARISON to prior achievements before a conclusion that Gailey did anything amazing with Fitz can be reached. If you're attacking his use of the word offense, you're just splitting hairs, because you included the offense in your statement.

Edited by Albany,n.y.

McShay has us picking Gabbert...not Mayock. Big difference.

How is our biggest need an OT? McShay is ridiculous. Im all for Gabbert if thats who Nix/Gailey take. Personally , I'd go defense , let Fitz show what he's got in year 2 as a starter , and if the wheels fall off , then grab a 1st round QB in 2012.

Pretty offensive for him commenting on your statement, which is really questionable. So you thought what Gailey did was amazing? Why? What did Gailey do with Fitzpatrick that was so amazingly different than what Fitzpatrick had done in the past when he started in 2009? Sure he improved on his stats a bit, but amazing?

In order for Gailey to do something amazing with someone, you need a baseline to compare it to-that's just a fact. If you can't understand that then don't attack someone's reading comprehension because you don't understand there HAS TO BE A COMPARISON to prior achievements before a conclusion that Gailey did anything amazing with Fitz can be reached. If you're attacking his use of the word offense, you're just splitting hairs, because you included the offense in your statement.

He said that I said our offense was amazing. I didn't say that. Hence the critique. I said "I think" what he did with Fitz and our offense was amazing. Is there something wrong with that statement? I don't see it. I gave my opinion, and he ridiculed it by putting words in my mouth. To compare Fitz of last season with the Fitz of the year prior, I thought he made great strides. I was unimpressed with him 2 years ago. I was impressed with him last year. I thought our WRs were one of the weakest positions on our team prior to the year. Now I think they are one of our strongest positions. I thought our o line was very weak prior to the season, but after watching last season, I saw a lot of progress. Fitz made them look like a decent group due to his decision making. I didn't think he made them look very good the year before. Maybe it's galleys offense and his coaching. Maybe it's not. But I thought our offense looked MUCH better last season compared to the previous season. Hence, why I said "I think" what gailey did with Fitz and the offense was amazing. You can disagree if you like, but don't put words into my mouth and not expect me to retort.

How is our biggest need an OT? McShay is ridiculous. Im all for Gabbert if thats who Nix/Gailey take. Personally , I'd go defense , let Fitz show what he's got in year 2 as a starter , and if the wheels fall off , then grab a 1st round QB in 2012.

I'm OK with a groom-able QB this year, should it be after 2 picks on run-stopping defense!!! Lots of options. Colin Kaepernick in RD3#68 is value, Dalton in RD3 late (if we obtain a pick), Greg McElroy in RD5, and Tyrod Taylor in RD7.

Our priority needs to be to stop the run up the middle, so I'm thinking in order: ILB, OLB, DT, DE for the 3-4 stops the run. This draft is weak on ILB's, so I think they'll reach or drop down for Kelvin Sheppard in RD2, taking Fairley-Dareus-Miller in RD1 and Kaepernick in RD3.

I was hoping he had a great pro day and I'm happy he did I MEAN REALLY HAPPY. Now that Carolina can call Gabberts name and we get Newton. THE STARS AND ICONS ARE ALIGNING in Buffalo's favor (for once). For a second there I was scared Carolina would call Newton *phew*.... Here's to Cam Newton the newest Buffalo Bill... :beer:

2009-2010 2010-2011

Total 1st Downs: 233 263

3rd Down Conv.: 51/198 80/211

Total Yds.: 4382 4878

Rushing Yds.: 1867 1720

Passing Yds.: 2515 3158

Sacks Taken: 32 27

TD's: 25 34

Rushing TD's: 6 6

Passing TD's: 17 24

Avg. Yds./Play: 4.8 5.1

From looking at the stats, it appears that Gailey and crew made fairly substantial improvements to the passing game, however, I really don't see marked improvement (stats wise) to the offense as a whole. In other words, I wouldn't say that "amazing" progress was made. Perhaps this is an endorsement for improving the offensive line, or dare I say it, the QB, via the draft.

I'm not completely sold on one single player at this point. Gabbert's intriguing, I like Peterson, but I really think we need to draft to defend the run. I would hate to be the person making this decision.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

Don Banks Twitter:

Concensus of NFL scouts here on Gabbert: He looked like a franchise QB. Answered the issues about footwork, being under center and accuracy. about 5 hours ago via OpenBeak

Early reviews on Gabbert's arm and footwork at his pro day: Very strong, and smooth under center. Gave Carolina something to think about.

http://twitter.com/DonBanks

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

People read way too much into taking snaps under center. These guys are the greatest athletes in the world - are you really concerned about him learning a 5 step drop? Its no more difficult than walking up stairs. If you can read the D from the shotgun you can do it from under center.

People read way too much into taking snaps under center. These guys are the greatest athletes in the world - are you really concerned about him learning a 5 step drop? Its no more difficult than walking up stairs. If you can read the D from the shotgun you can do it from under center.

Really??? :rolleyes:

Taking a snap from under center or in shotgun has nothing to do with reading defense. It's all about footwork and mechanics which leads to accuracy, timing, and drive.

Gabbert is a much polished QB than Newton is.

Mayock said his workout was better than Ryan's and almost as good as Bradfords. If Gabbert is there at 3, then we take him. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Edited by DreReed83

Admittedly haven't seen any of Gabbert's games, but watching his pro day footage reminded me of Brady Quinn. Very stiff and mechanical.

Stiff and mechanical? His footwork is really good considering he's been in shotgun his entire college career. You can tell he's more comfortable with it than Newton is. You watching the same clips I'm watching? He's quick and light on his feet. I wouldn't say his movement was stiff at all.

If you know what "getting the ball out on time" means then you know just how big a deal footwork is to coaches everywhere. 3,5, and 7 step drops, not to mention turning your back to the D on play fakes, is CRITICAL to EVERYTHING in the passing game. Doesn't matter if the QB can read a defense or not or whether he's in a shotgun or not.

I'm surprised you would pooh-pooh the importance of QB drops. Surprising coming from you.

GO BILLS!!!

Stiff and mechanical? His footwork is really good considering he's been in shotgun his entire college career. You can tell he's more comfortable with it than Newton is. You watching the same clips I'm watching? He's quick and light on his feet. I wouldn't say his movement was stiff at all.

Stiff and mechanical was more in regards to his throwing motion, but he also didn't strike me as extremely nimble. Looks like he has some good straight line speed though. Has the pretty boy look like Quinn also. I guess I just have a hard time figuring out how a guy who supposedly has all the tools didn't dominate in college.

2009-2010 2010-2011

Total 1st Downs: 233 263

3rd Down Conv.: 51/198 80/211

Total Yds.: 4382 4878

Rushing Yds.: 1867 1720

Passing Yds.: 2515 3158

Sacks Taken: 32 27

TD's: 25 34

Rushing TD's: 6 6

Passing TD's: 17 24

Avg. Yds./Play: 4.8 5.1

From looking at the stats, it appears that Gailey and crew made fairly substantial improvements to the passing game, however, I really don't see marked improvement (stats wise) to the offense as a whole. In other words, I wouldn't say that "amazing" progress was made. Perhaps this is an endorsement for improving the offensive line, or dare I say it, the QB, via the draft.

I'm not completely sold on one single player at this point. Gabbert's intriguing, I like Peterson, but I really think we need to draft to defend the run. I would hate to be the person making this decision.

Take out the two TE games and the Brohm stinker and I think .Gailey did some great things with Fitzy and the offense.

Stiff and mechanical was more in regards to his throwing motion, but he also didn't strike me as extremely nimble. Looks like he has some good straight line speed though. Has the pretty boy look like Quinn also. I guess I just have a hard time figuring out how a guy who supposedly has all the tools didn't dominate in college.

His throwing motion was fluid and smooth, i still don't see it and for a guy his size, he was light on his feet and moved his feet pretty well.