Pay cuts for Bills administrative employees

Beerball

Let me be the first to say...RALPH IS CHEAP!

I bet Littman and Overdorf aren't taking pay cuts. ;)

If you read the article it suggests the higher you are the bigger your cut was, so I do believe Overdorf, Littman and Brandon took cuts. Anyone catch this?

"The Bills are an interesting deal because they opted out of the pension," said Larry Kennan, staff director for the NFL Coaches Association, an advocacy group for the league's coaches. "But they put another pension in place that was really good. There are two other teams that put pensions in place, and [buffalo's] was probably the best of the three...."

What is this "pension" thing they talk about? Yep, Ralph is cheap. I'd like me some of that cheap.

PTR

I worked for the Bills years back and it was a good company to work for. People are made to feel like they are valued there, and outside of entry level positions (and hot seat coaching positions), there isnt much turnover at all. It was nice working for RW's company, and Brandon (although I loathed the idea of him in a GM role) was a good guy to run the show from an employee standpoint.

Most front office employees get reduced hours over the offseason/summer anyway as there is less to do in lot of roles. A lot of things are probably in holding pattern for now, so Im sure the reduced hours will be extended... especially if the training camp extravaganza is in jeopardy.

I hope that Drew Brees and Peyton Manning and Jerry Jones and Tom Brady and the owner of the Panthers are comfortable with their millions. As usual, it's the little guy that pays the freight on a deal like this while the rich get richer.

Oh yeah, I forgot, RALPH IS CHEAP !!

I question the immediate need for cutbacks and/or layoffs. Unless the owners feel that the labor dispute is going to press on through the summer what is the real impact of the current state of having no CBA in place? The Draft preparations are not complete. The revenue as far as I know is not yet impacted. Preparations would normally be made for the OTAs, mini camp and training camp. But these are pretty nominal and are weeks and months away from their normally scheduled times. The off season workout regimen is the activity that most immediately impacted. So, I could see them not needing the training assistants - spotters and waterboys, and the S&C coaches will have a lot less to do. But if they're planning to play a full season, what other activities need to be ratcheted back at this time?

I think it's posturing by the owners more than anything - demonstrating to the players that they're making long-range plans.

If you read the article it suggests the higher you are the bigger your cut was, so I do believe Overdorf, Littman and Brandon took cuts. Anyone catch this?

What is this "pension" thing they talk about? Yep, Ralph is cheap. I'd like me some of that cheap.

PTR

...and I am speculating that this pay cut doesn't apply to Ralph's top 2 guys.

...and I am speculating that this pay cut doesn't apply to Ralph's top 2 guys.

Based on what? If his top two guys are paid by Ralph's other businesses then probably yes. If they are under the Bills payroll then they likely got cuts based on the News story.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Based on what? If his top two guys are paid by Ralph's other businesses then probably yes. If they are under the Bills payroll then they likely got cuts based on the News story.

PTR

I feel stupid for asking this, but what other businesses does Mr Wilson have?

I feel stupid for asking this, but what other businesses does Mr Wilson have?

Ralphie wiki

He is a World War II veteran. After the war ended, he took over the successful insurance business of his father and invested in Michigan area mines and factories. He eventually purchased several manufacturing outlets, construction firms, and radio stations, and founded Ralph Wilson Industries.

Rich NFL owners

Buffalo Bills (821 million) Ralph Wilson, Jr. made money from everywhere. It came from mines, factories, insurance, construction firms, and radio stations. The companies are under Ralph Wilson Industries. He bought the team in 1960.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I worked for the Bills years back and it was a good company to work for. People are made to feel like they are valued there, and outside of entry level positions (and hot seat coaching positions), there isnt much turnover at all. It was nice working for RW's company, and Brandon (although I loathed the idea of him in a GM role) was a good guy to run the show from an employee standpoint.

I was talking to my ticket rep the other day, she has been there about 30 years. The subject came up because I found a game program from 1986 with her listed in there.