Jamarcus Russell's Mansion in foreclosure

how the hell could he have blown that money already...i could see like 5-10 years from now but damn that was quick

This, and he should have had that house paid for outright after getting a $31 million signing bonus. Add this to the list of reasons why there should be a rookie cap.

rumor was he had a MAJOR gambling problem. Also, coupled with drug issues.... if he was playing on the high end tables, you can burn that much money very quickly.

its possible he has money beyond the 200k he owes, but has simply abandoned the property after not being able to sell.

What a waste of human being. With a little effort could of at least played out his contract. Had the physical tools, but i think he just took the money and ran. Codeine Cough Syrup and Hookers baby, hope he makes it Epic!

Yes, I'm sure it's just a temporary issue. He probably got caught with too much tied up in long term bonds.

Yes, his investment advisory posse didn't properly counsel him on the illiquidity of long term debentures, or he wasn't listening. Hmmmm.

For us non-druggies, what in the world is "purple drank"? Anything related to purple koolaid and Jim Jones?

I needed that translated myself.

This is what Wikipedia has to say: Purple Drank Explained

My guess would be this is basically walking away, leaving the key. I heard Russell left the Bay area for Atlanta.

With the housing crash, esp. on West coast, it's possible couldn't sell the house for enough to pay off the mortgage.

If the bank wouldn't accept a short sale, not too much alternative

Or he could be spending it all on Purple Drank and Orange Food (cheetos etc)