Stroud signs with Pats*

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Bill Belichick sees something the geniuses on this board must have missed.

Or possibly Stroud will have the same impact that Fred Taylor, Torry Holt, and other veteran free agents have had as Patriots.

Zero impact.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

I'm shocked by this...I'm no scout or anything but just based on watching football for almost 30 years you can tell whether a guy has anything left in the tank or not...it didn't seem like Stroud had much left in the tank last season.

i thought free agency was closed due to the labor dispute. even if there was no labor issues you still can't sign free agents for a couple days

players who were cut by their team are free to sign with a new team.

That's why we brought Bob Sanders in for a visit.

You can sign cuts, just not expiring contracts. Also, note that Stroud surely will make much, MUCH, less money in New England. $2.5M Stroud is not $8M Stroud.

Bingo.

Not to mention he once was a great player but has been on a pretty significant decline for a while. He really needs to be a penetrator but he can't do that so well anymore. I think he still has a little left and he is a wily vet (and a good guy). But honestly, I don't think he'll live up to a $2.5M DL.

Bingo.

Not to mention he once was a great player but has been on a pretty significant decline for a while. He really needs to be a penetrator but he can't do that so well anymore. I think he still has a little left and he is a wily vet (and a good guy). But honestly, I don't think he'll live up to a $2.5M DL.

+1 And don't discount BB having some intel on a divisional opponant. Yes they are miles better but BB knows we will be better this year. BB uses any and all methods to stay on top...as we all know.

Or possibly Stroud will have the same impact that Fred Taylor, Torry Holt, and other veteran free agents have had as Patriots.

Zero impact.

Sroud has more left in the tank than Fred and Holt had. Fred had some legs left, but his body couldnt hold up. Holt was pretty much done. He may not retun to the Pro Bowl next year, but I think he will a solid addition to that team.

Good move by the Pats...

I think he's got some playing time left.

I was disappointed when the Bills let him go.

Good Luck Mr. Stroud.

Just goes to show you, the division is up for grabs this season. ONLY thing they got is a QB. Other than that, they are shell of what they were...

+1 And don't discount BB having some intel on a divisional opponant. Yes they are miles better but BB knows we will be better this year. BB uses any and all methods to stay on top...as we all know.

BB needs intel on our D ? :unsure: If we are better this year that will mean that our players are better allowing the coaches to scheme. Which wont help by getting Stroud.

I think the Pats* just got him as an experienced insurance policy to play occasional downs.

I'm shocked by this...I'm no scout or anything but just based on watching football for almost 30 years you can tell whether a guy has anything left in the tank or not...it didn't seem like Stroud had much left in the tank last season.

I disagree to the extent that if one asks whether Stroud has enough juice left in the tank to be a standout starter at DE then Stroud's play for the Bills last year says no.

However, that same play indicates he does have enough left to be a solid reserve as a penetrating DT.

Same player but different question so different answers.