Official Ryan Mallett Thread

WWVaBeach

If this stuff isn't true, its character assassination.

NFL player's especially QBs have to go through media training.

I doubt he had any in depth Media training on how to handle a press core that was out for blood.

It would be hard for anyone to handle these issues yes his agent should have prepared him, but it doesn't sound like his agent is doing a good job.

Looks like he might drop like a rock.

If Mallet were there at 34 it would be a no brainer pick.

Edited by Why So Serious?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt he had any in depth Media training on how to handle a press core that was out for blood.

It would be hard for anyone to handle these issues yes his agent should have prepared him, but it doesn't sound like his agent is doing a good job.

I do not agree with picking him in the 2nd round. There are a lot of red flags around this

guy and even discounting those, he doesn't look like a good fit for the Bills. He is big, but

immobile and supposedly doesn't make good decisions even when given a lot of time. How

bad might he be under the constant rush that he'd face with the Bills' weak OL?

I'm a huge Bukowski fan but never saw this movie. Would you recommend it?

The movie is not for everyone. I loved it though.

Faye Dunaway (one of my favorites) plays a bar floozie. Rourke's performance is amusing, silly, and fun.

Maybe the best parts of the movie are the fight scenes between Mickey Rourke (The Barfly/Bukowski) and Sly Stallone's brother's character, Frank Stallone who plays the bartender.

This is the same thing that happened to Marino, causing him to fall all the way to the Dolphins. Of course, it would be unthinkable that someone such as Don Shula and Co. could put that rumor out there so teams like the Steelers passed on him. <_<

Wonder if there isnt a little bit of that in this Mallet stuff...

I do not agree with picking him in the 2nd round. There are a lot of red flags around this

guy and even discounting those, he doesn't look like a good fit for the Bills. He is big, but

immobile and supposedly doesn't make good decisions even when given a lot of time. How

bad might he be under the constant rush that he'd face with the Bills' weak OL?

Couldn't agree more. Wouldn't touch him with that pick. Besides, we'll have a QB already at that point.

Surprised to hear you say that. So you won't touch Locker because of accuracy issues which can be corrected, but you call a huge character risk (and very immobile) QB a no-brainer? Interesting.

The answer he gave 'four or five times' was perfectly reasonable. It seems to me that Mallett has every right to address that issue with the teams *first* if that's what he wants to do. Now, maybe he did the wrong thing in terms of NFL political correctness by cutting the interview short, but I'd guess that most of us would have done the same thing in a similar situation.

Of course, idiots in the media can't give the kid a break, so it really didn't matter what he said. They were going to make him out to be the bad guy, anyway.

Edited by Brandon

This is the same thing that happened to Marino, causing him to fall all the way to the Dolphins. Of course, it would be unthinkable that someone such as Don Shula and Co. could put that rumor out there so teams like the Steelers passed on him. <_<

I don't think so, these rumors have been around since at least 2009.

Edited by Kingfish

It is not fair to expect Mallet to answer to some press dweeb who is only going to keep asking more and more questions in an effort to get him to snap. I don't see anything wrong with how he handled it. He said he would discuss it with the teams. He might as well start his brief career by knowing to not talk to the press.

Still, there is no drug in the world that will make him look faster than Frankenstein. No thanks.

Who is his agent? Complete and total botch job with this kid.

I do not remember. I heard him being interviewed on Sirius, today or yesterday and he was talking about his decisions on what he would do at the combine and what he wanted to do at the pro day. He said his agent has been giving him great advice. Also, said many guys his agent represented...none of them that amazing...

Here's a theory on Mallett being so cocky and defensive; the drug rumors were all lies and he let his numbers speak for themselves overall for his entire college career. Wow, what a crazy concept, huh? :doh:

Everyone demands these young guys to be squeaky clean and be perfectly respectful and stand up to the same possibly un-true or at the very least un-fair inane questions from the 24 hour tweeting, blogging, texting media of today. Just because Mallett doesn't want to answer questions automatically means he's going to "Ryan Leaf" after he's drafed? Why? Leaf acted wonderful to the media first, and then broke down later when the pressure got to him. Mallett on the other hand has a defiant nature to him, and I think that could be a good thing when it comes to dealing with today's media insanity.

I don't like Mallett and don't want him anywhere near a Bills uniform, but I would like to know the nature of his addiction before I red flag him for drugs. I red flag him as a QB, but stating he has a "drug problem" on PFT means little to me without having some context. Further a hair follicle test isn't something I would put much weight on. I mean at certain times (the time of life he's in right now) I might have had some pretty nasty stuff show up on a follicle test, especially given how long a time a follicle test dates back. But in no way was I addicted to those substances, not even close. More like an early 20 year old being stupid and trying to have a good time. No different then a large percentage of society I imagine. Do people know if they make everyone do a follicle test? In theory, depending on how long your hair is, pot could show up several years later. Usually they only test about three months back, based on hair length, and if you hadn't noticed he keeps it pretty short, maybe for that reason :rolleyes:

Still you can beat any of these tests as long as you know the tricks of the trade, rendering them even more pointless. Pass on Mallett because he's a slow reading mental midget, I don't really need any other reasons.

I think there's a possibility that a conspiracy could be a possibility. That with standing, he should not have handled it that way. I think it shows how he handles pressure. If you start hounding on this guy during practice he's going to blow up. I obviously don't know this young man at all, but he just has that crazed look on his face when he's pissed. I've seen it several times this season.

I don't like Mallett and don't want him anywhere near a Bills uniform, but I would like to know the nature of his addiction before I red flag him for drugs. I red flag him as a QB, but stating he has a "drug problem" on PFT means little to me without having some context. Further a hair follicle test isn't something I would put much weight on. I mean at certain times (the time of life he's in right now) I might have had some pretty nasty stuff show up on a follicle test, especially given how long a time a follicle test dates back. But in no way was I addicted to those substances, not even close. More like an early 20 year old being stupid and trying to have a good time. No different then a large percentage of society I imagine. Do people know if they make everyone do a follicle test? In theory, depending on how long your hair is, pot could show up several years later. Usually they only test about three months back, based on hair length, and if you hadn't noticed he keeps it pretty short, maybe for that reason :rolleyes:

Still you can beat any of these tests as long as you know the tricks of the trade, rendering them even more pointless. Pass on Mallett because he's a slow reading mental midget, I don't really need any other reasons.

Can't believe the misconceptions surrounding this kid. He's a drug addict, except that he has been tested for drugs by the NCAA many times and the University of Arkansas has confirmed that he never tested positive for drugs. He's stupid, except he had a high grade point average and mastered Petrino's massive playbook. He's unathletic, well yes, but no more or less than any pocket passer, you know, Peyton, Troy Aikman - and BTW though not fast he throws well on the run: 5:0 TD to Int ratio in 2010. He has no leadership skills, except that he was twice voted captain by his teammates (a 100% player decision at Ark). Amazing what a hatchett job people with an agenda have laid on this kid. Truly pathetic.

Incidentally, he's one of the best pure pocket passers on the planet, right now. If he's there at #34 I think he's a Bill whether people like it or not.