Need Help

Doc

A few that I don't think have been mentioned yet.

The Church - Under the Milky Way Tonight

Pink Floyd - Not Now John

Dire Straits - Telegraph Road

Rush - Red Barchetta

R.E.M. - South Central Rain

R.E.M. - It's the End of the World as We Know It (& I Feel Fine)

The Kinks - Destroyer

The Kings - This Beat Goes On / Switchin' To Glide

Duke Jupiter - I'll Drink To You

Gowan - A Criminal Mind

EDIT: X'd out the 'standards' and added some replacements.

Bruce Cockburn - If I Had a Rocket Launcher

Fine Young Cannibals - Johnny Come Home

Donald Fagan - New Frontier

Your three in row from DS/Kinks/Kings are all great choices.

My favorite 80s Floyd song is "On the turning away"

Somebody once asked me what were the three best songs during our college years. 1980-1984. I said:

Authority Song - Mellencamp

You Better, You Bet - The Who

Synchronicity II - The Police

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your three in row from DS/Kinks/Kings are all great choices.

My favorite 80s Floyd song is "On the turning away"

Somebody once asked me what were the three best songs during our college years. 1980-1984. I said:

Authority Song - Mellencamp

You Better, You Bet - The Who

Synchronicity II - The Police

3 Very Good Songs. Loved Synchronicity II but never thought much of Synchronicity I.

Liked On the Turning Away, but would probably choose One Slip as my favorite from that album. Saw them in '87 in TO on an overcast rainy day. They opened w/ Echoes and the lasers were reflecting back off the very low clouds. :thumbsup:

I'd go a little later in the decade for my favorite JCM and The Who songs; I'd go w/ Cherry Bomb and Eminence Front.

And it was a great call by SDS w/ the Triumph, though I'd add Magic Power to that list.

Edited by Taro T

3 Very Good Songs. Loved Synchronicity II but never thought much of Synchronicity I.

Liked On the Turning Away, but would probably choose One Slip as my favorite from that album. Saw them in '87 in TO on an overcast rainy day. They opened w/ Echoes and the lasers were reflecting back off the very low clouds. :thumbsup:

I'd go a little later in the decade for my favorite JCM and The Who songs; I'd go w/ Cherry Bomb and Eminence Front.

And it was a great call by SDS w/ the Triumph, though I'd add Magic Power to that list.

We have very similar tastes, that's for sure.....Last year three of us were discussing Synchronicity II in a bar. Two of us agreed it was great and we were singing to remind the third which song he was. He says Oh, yeah - that is great. Then, he says Now wait - was there a Synchronicity I, and the two of say totally in unison - Yeah, but it sucked.

Cherry Bomb, Eminence Front and my favorite Triumph song, Magic Power, all are really great songs!

Edited by bbb

We have very similar tastes, that's for sure.....Last year three of us were discussing Synchronicity II in a bar. Two of us agreed it was great and we were singing to remind the third which song he was. He says Oh, yeah - that is great. Then, he says Now wait - was there a Synchronicity I, and the two of say totally in unison - Yeah, but it sucked.

Cherry Bomb, Eminence Front and my favorite Triumph song, Magic Power, all are really great songs!

:thumbsup::beer:

he said obscure and Magic Power was a pretty big hit...

I agree, but then everybody was giving him songs from the beginning that I wouldn't consider obscure. I'll Melt with You is on every day still........So, I just rolled with it, because he seemed to like those, and didn't say they weren't obscure enough.

I agree, but then everybody was giving him songs from the beginning that I wouldn't consider obscure. I'll Melt with You is on every day still........So, I just rolled with it, because he seemed to like those, and didn't say they weren't obscure enough.

sure he did. Every time he said I own everything you posted to everyone who has posted!

Doc, you mentioned before about having Sirius right? If you have the money, spring for the Sirius Stiletto or Stiletto 2. It has "radio replays," which means that it will record to open memory on the station you leave it set at. The Stiletto 2 is probably better for you because it has a SD slot. I have two 100's, earlier model, and will leave the 80's station on for a weekend and have days full of songs that I just jump through to find that one song that takes back some obscure memory from when I was so young.

The Stiletto 2 has the headphone jack and you can get a little carrying case, or rubber protection sleeve like an ipod. There are car docks and home docks, as well. It is not that expensive on eBay.

Heart - These Dreams, for some reason, makes me remember my childhood more then anything. I have been able to remember a lot of my life through songs, many as far back as 1983. I was born in 1981.

Doc, you mentioned before about having Sirius right? If you have the money, spring for the Sirius Stiletto or Stiletto 2. It has "radio replays," which means that it will record to open memory on the station you leave it set at. The Stiletto 2 is probably better for you because it has a SD slot. I have two 100's, earlier model, and will leave the 80's station on for a weekend and have days full of songs that I just jump through to find that one song that takes back some obscure memory from when I was so young.

The Stiletto 2 has the headphone jack and you can get a little carrying case, or rubber protection sleeve like an ipod. There are car docks and home docks, as well. It is not that expensive on eBay.

Heart - These Dreams, for some reason, makes me remember my childhood more then anything. I have been able to remember a lot of my life through songs, many as far back as 1983. I was born in 1981.

Whoa - you can remember when you were two? I constantly amaze people with my photographic memory and the fact that I can remember going to my first Bills game when I was 6, and basically remember everything about the Bills and everything else since I was 7. My friends are my same age, and I feel like I'm ten years older. It doesn't make sense that they don't remember these things.

But, I can't come close to remembering when I was two!

I don't have Sirius. Been thinking about getting it, but haven't pulled the trigger.

I don't have Sirius. Been thinking about getting it, but haven't pulled the trigger.

Get Sirus, go on the eBay (if you know how to use it well enough to find the good buys), and look for a Stiletto 2. You can find packages with the car kit or home kit included. Basically, the car kit comes with a built in FM modulator that will broadcast over your radio or you can go a higher tech route and get a direct adapter to your antenna. Or, for best results, go find the adapter you need for your vehicle to access the aux unit and tie it directly in. The home kid comes with a stereo jack to hook in.

When you get your contract, sign up for 6 months or a year, it'll be $12.99/mo for your first account. If you get a 2nd, it drops down to $8.99. When your first contract is up, call Sirius when it is time to disconnect and tell them you're cancelling. You'll often get 6 months free if you play your cards right.

There are so many chanels. I tell everyone to get it, including a guy who does work for me. He does own a big screen television, doesn't own a computer, have cable, or even know how to use most technology devices. However, he would listen to my radio when I would play it for him and fell in love with it. He got two radios and subscriptions, both lifetime subscriptions ($499+tax/a piece), along with two boomboxes to have his unit with him at job sites(a stratus).