Amidst the euphoria in Egypt

Buftex

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's terrible for Ms. Logan, but not the least bit surprising. Considering the volatility of the scene, the location in a Muslim country where women get little respect, and the repeated reports of westerners and journalists being attacked, shouldn't someone at CBS (or Logan herself) have second guessed the decision to send a well-known blonde reporter from the US running into lawless chaos?

Need the details here.

From what I read in another article the "brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating" was that she got her boobs grabbed and smacked in the head a couple times. If it was worse, than I truly feel bad for her.

However, if it was merely some rough groping as reported, well then, what do you expect when you charge into a group of 200 people who just successfully overthrew an entire government?!?

I doubt they would call it a brutal and sustained beating if it was a knock on the head and a boob grab...I also doubt it would take her days in the hospital to recover.

I don't care what western culture thinks about equality we can't dump hot white women into a mass of mid-eastern misogynistic maniacs and expect nothing to happen.

High fives? :unsure:

Really? So boob groping is to be expected?

Not boob groping. MUCH WORSE should be expected of a large crowd of middle eastern men who just overthrew a government. It's fact, not racism, that women have few if any rights or respect over there.

So as a petite blonde woman she goes running right into the trouble? Cmon.

Not saying what happened was right (no matter what the details are), but it should not surprise this journalist.

I doubt they would call it a brutal and sustained beating if it was a knock on the head and a boob grab...I also doubt it would take her days in the hospital to recover.

I don't care what western culture thinks about equality we can't dump hot white women into a mass of mid-eastern misogynistic maniacs and expect nothing to happen.

Really? The media has never exaggerated stories to sell more papers/get more clicks/whatever?!? Would it be totally out of the realm of possibility that they are milking this for all it's worth??

What don't we just let things retards destroy each other? I mean the entire middle east. Its just nature weeding out the ignorant and stupid. Its been that way for millions of years. As long as we manage to protect ourselves from these religious kooks I'm ok with letting them slaughter each other and we just come in and pick up the pieces(and oil) after their done.

Edited by Dante

What don't we just let things retards destroy each other? I mean the entire middle east. Its just nature weeding out the ignorant and stupid. Its been that way for millions of years. As long as we manage to protect ourselves from these religious kooks I'm ok with letting them slaughter each other and we just come in and pick up the pieces(and oil) after their done.

Because their stated intent is to destroy the USA, taking over Egypt is just one more step on the ladder of success.

Yes they did, because they didn't want Western reporters covering their primitive, brutal repression and base misogyny.

I'm not defending what happened to her, but when a riot percipitates a military coup and said victors tell you that you should leave, you should leave. If you decide to stay bad things will happen. Especially if you are a pretty blond with no burka on.

These people treat their own women like animals, why would you expect them to treat a woman who is flaunting Sharia law different?

I agree-let them kill as many of each other as they can then we need to step in and finish whats left-

Not boob groping. MUCH WORSE should be expected of a large crowd of middle eastern men who just overthrew a government. It's fact, not racism, that women have few if any rights or respect over there.

So as a petite blonde woman she goes running right into the trouble? Cmon.

Not saying what happened was right (no matter what the details are), but it should not surprise this journalist.

Really? The media has never exaggerated stories to sell more papers/get more clicks/whatever?!? Would it be totally out of the realm of possibility that they are milking this for all it's worth??

Plus she was probably wearing a short skirt right Kobe?

LOL again, not defending or excusing what happened. Im just trying to get an idea of how bad we should actually feel for her vs how much this is CBS News milking this story.

Yeah, I know what you mean...although it is a point that I would probably make, after I know it is being milked...

if not, you can come off sounding like this a-hole:

http://www.thewrap.com/television/column-post/reporter-who-joked-about-lara-logan-attack-steps-down-nyu-post-24785#

Incidentally, I was really just applauding crayonz ability to work either his NBA conspiracy theory, or Kobe is a rapist into almost any thread...he (she?) drives me nuts, but I actually appreciated it here...it worked!

Edited by Buftex

LOL again, not defending or excusing what happened. Im just trying to get an idea of how bad we should actually feel for her vs how much this is CBS News milking this story.

Shameless

There will be no further comment from CBS News and correspondent Logan and her family respectfully request privacy at this time.

This story milking is almost as bad as the chicks taking advantage of Kobe, Big Ben and that girl harassing Mark Sanchez.

Need the details here.

From what I read in another article the "brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating" was that she got her boobs grabbed and smacked in the head a couple times. If it was worse, than I truly feel bad for her.

However, if it was merely some rough groping as reported, well then, what do you expect when you charge into a group of 200 people who just successfully overthrew an entire government?!?

Do you have a link to the article. Somebody is telling me she was raped, and just knowing that Albert Haynesworth is accused of sexual assault for copping a feel of a waitress who said it was OK for him to put his credit card in her blouse, makes me think the term sexual assualt does not equal rape.