Amidst the euphoria in Egypt

Buftex

Do you have a link to the article. Somebody is telling me she was raped, and just knowing that Albert Haynesworth is accused of sexual assault for copping a feel of a waitress who said it was OK for him to put his credit card in her blouse, makes me think the term sexual assualt does not equal rape.

"Brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating" is the term that was used.

But you are right. We should question not only the judgment of the woman for being there in the first place, but also question her honesty. She has so many reasons to get her name on the news for being the victim of a "brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating". It will probably be a great career move for her. She has probably been waiting her whole life to suffer a "brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating" so she can cash in big time. And she won't even tell us the juicy details. Like she wants privacy or something. :doh: I mean she is a reporter and wants to be the center of attention.

Plus the story itself just doesn't seem like it could be real. I mean the Egyptian people are only seeking freedom. I'm sure the 200 people who forcefully separated her from her crew and security team just wanted to get her historical perspective on freedom movements and seek her advice on what to do next.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it ironic that what we've spent trillionsof dollars to do seems to be happening all by itself - democracy.

I find it ironic that they want democracy, yet the true problem is equality, specifically towards women.

Why can't we just carpet bomb the mid-East? That or build a giant wall around it, give them tons of explosive and backpacks and let them suicide bomb each other out of existence?

I find it ironic that what we've spent trillionsof dollars to do seems to be happening all by itself - democracy.

Not ironic at all. Tragically stupid. "Exporting democracy" is such an obvious oxymoron. How do you forcibly give people the right to make their own decisions? :wallbash:

Not ironic at all. Tragically stupid. "Exporting democracy" is such an obvious oxymoron. How do you forcibly give people the right to make their own decisions? :wallbash:

You're asking the wrong person. BUT...Fear not, there is a man with the answer to this. I have forwarded it to him at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Edited by jboyst62

Ironic, when/if the middle east undergoes a near complete transformation, and only Iraq and Afghanistan miss out on the democracy train.

"Brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating" is the term that was used.

But you are right. We should question not only the judgment of the woman for being there in the first place, but also question her honesty. She has so many reasons to get her name on the news for being the victim of a "brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating". It will probably be a great career move for her. She has probably been waiting her whole life to suffer a "brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating" so she can cash in big time. And she won't even tell us the juicy details. Like she wants privacy or something. :doh: I mean she is a reporter and wants to be the center of attention.

Plus the story itself just doesn't seem like it could be real. I mean the Egyptian people are only seeking freedom. I'm sure the 200 people who forcefully separated her from her crew and security team just wanted to get her historical perspective on freedom movements and seek her advice on what to do next.

Crayonz...when did you decide to make sense? You're on a good roll! :thumbsup:

Edited by Buftex

Man I heard on the news last night that as the mob of 200+ crazy Egyptions turned on her they were chanting "Jew! Jew!"....wtf...apparently they don't know what a freaking Jew looks like. It doesn't look like a that.

http://www.sistertoldjah.com/archives/2011/02/16/lara-logan-attacked-because-she-was-jewish/

This picture was taken moments before her attack:

wLara_Logan_Att_1192341cl-3.jpg

Someone should hunt these bastards down.

I find it ironic that they want democracy, yet the true problem is equality, specifically towards women.

Why can't we just carpet bomb the mid-East? That or build a giant wall around it, give them tons of explosive and backpacks and let them suicide bomb each other out of existence?

I think you should put a presentation together and pitch it to Hollywood. Great idea for a reality show. Ratings would be off the charts!

Because a gang rape would never happen in a modern, civilized democracy where women are treated like equals, right?

Like most crimes, this was a crime of opportunity. The chaos of the crowd gave the perps the cover necessary to comitt a crime.

Because a gang rape would never happen in a modern, civilized democracy where women are treated like equals, right?

Like most crimes, this was a crime of opportunity. The chaos of the crowd gave the perps the cover necessary to comitt a crime.

I disagree. I am not mideast expert, but I have seen (mostly on the Daily Show and Wikipedia, as well as NPR and from personal conversations with Al Frankin) that they treat their women poorly over their. Stoning of teenage rape victims, beating women who engage in activity with married men - my only point is that you can put the cart half full and call it democracy.

Even our backwards little country can pass for democracy on the usuaul day and I would bet we have some of the most brutal crimes happening on a regular basis. It has nothing to do with crime and has everything to do with rights.

What pisses me off is everyone is so quick to defend this stuff over there. Not specifically the acts, but the region. Always saying "oh it's not all like that" and "oh, it's their culture" ect....as if there is no wrong or right in this world everything is just "out there in the ether" and "who are we to judge." LOL

Mark my words, there will be people defending Egypt on this...not the individuals who did it...but talking about how that isn't a fair representation of Egypt and all this. It's hilarious.

I wish for once in our country a leader would come out and call out the entire region and RELIGION that consistently allows this to happen. I don't care what anyone says the "culture" and "religion" if not sanctioning this in certain instances certainly creates the atmosphere that induces this behavior. A western leader needs to call the whole thing out and do so in a candid and meaningful way. Let them know...the ENTIRE CIVILIZED WORLD THINKS YOU PEOPLE ARE SAVAGES. AND THOSE WHO AREN'T BUT LIVE BY THE OTHER SAVAGES...DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Edited by dayman

Mark my words, there will be people defending Egypt on this...not the individuals who did it...but talking about how that isn't a fair representation of Egypt and all this. It's hilarious.

Just curious...who's a fair representation of Egypt? The guys who assaulted her, or the guys who rescued her from the assault?

Together they combine to be a representation and that's my point.

And that representation, as you clearly state it, is that they're all savages for being Muslim?

I've got to go now, but do me a favor and call yourself an idiot a few times while I'm gone.

Are there always 200 of them and do they always yell Jew, Jew, Jew?

And that representation, as you clearly state it, is that they're all savages for being Muslim?

I've got to go now, but do me a favor and call yourself an idiot a few times while I'm gone.

Tom, I probably couldn't have been more clear my stand is to hold the region accountable, period. The representation being that this sort of thing happens, which is not in dispute. Bottom line is, you are the largest a-hole on this board. But no, a stance that a 200+ mob inflicting a "sustained and brutal beating and sexual assault" on a white women while screaming "Jew! Jew!" is unacceptable is clearly not a rational one. It was just an isolated incident not representative of any cultural or societal ills...she was just around the wrong random 200 people lol.

Anyway the main thing about this story is the cryptic language they used to describe it. You know they must have thought about how to phrase this (given they sort of held it close to the vest for a while)...and this is what they came up with? I mean...the worst part of this is the mental gymnastics the description causes...I mean WTF...talk about imagination inducing language centered on something you don't want to imagine...