Bills reviewed on Mike & Mike this am

VirginiaMike

On the Mike & Mike show this morning they discussed the Bills as part of their 2 a days post season. Firstoff you need to discount anyting Greenberg says as he's a damn Jets fan. Golic thought they were improving based upon how hard they played last year. they discussed QBs in the draft and I took the consensus to be that given the gaping wholes in the defense QB was not a need. they discussed the "luxury pick of Spiller" as not a smart choice. I believe they said Mcshay has us taking the Tx A&M LB Miller and Kiper has us taking the D-lineman Marcus D (can't remember the last name - sorry).

Overall, basically a wasted discussion (like this post :devil: ), but it filled the airwaves and had the Bills helmet proudly displayed on the desk in front of them

On the Mike & Mike show this morning they discussed the Bills as part of their 2 a days post season. Firstoff you need to discount anyting Greenberg says as he's a damn Jets fan. Golic thought they were improving based upon how hard they played last year. they discussed QBs in the draft and I took the consensus to be that given the gaping wholes in the defense QB was not a need. they discussed the "luxury pick of Spiller" as not a smart choice. I believe they said Mcshay has us taking the Tx A&M LB Miller and Kiper has us taking the D-lineman Marcus D (can't remember the last name - sorry).

Overall, basically a wasted discussion (like this post :devil: ), but it filled the airwaves and had the Bills helmet proudly displayed on the desk in front of them

poor bills.. so far from the NFL conversation they need binoculars to see the Lombardi trophy. Greenberg is rooting for the right team. The Jets unfortunately will pound the Bills two more times this year.

poor bills.. so far from the NFL conversation they need binoculars to see the Lombardi trophy. Greenberg is rooting for the right team. The Jets unfortunately will pound the Bills two more times this year.

Oh my, the little cloud that cried.....

Gosh maybe you should start on some Prozac and stay away from sharp objects or things you may hang yourself with. You know, this is easy to fix for you, go root for the Jets! You seem to anyway.

I need to see what the jests do this offseason before I make that prediction. They signed so many 1 year contracts, I know all those players wont be back again. This coming year, the jests will be a lot weaker than last year.

The only concern I have is, if the bills will be better. I still don't have much faith in the bills as a franchise until I actually see the team really go out and win.

Nope, mark my words Jets and Phins will fight it out for last in AFC East if there is a season this year.

Bills will finish distantly behind the Patriots, but ahead of those other two teams.

Gosh maybe you should start on some Prozac and stay away from sharp objects or things you may hang yourself with. You know, this is easy to fix for you, go root for the Jets! You seem to anyway.

Sorry dude. Off the top of your head who do the bills have that would start for the jets right now? The Jets are going to be kicking the bills ass for the forseeable future.

Nope, mark my words Jets and Phins will fight it out for last in AFC East if there is a season this year.

Bills will finish distantly behind the Patriots, but ahead of those other two teams.

Is the Jets defense going to suddenly fall apart? The Bills have averaged 12.5 points per game them since Ryan beame HC.

Sorry dude. Off the top of your head who do the bills have that would start for the jets right now? The Jets are going to be kicking the bills ass for the forseeable future.

We'll see. In the meantime I just can't abide any sorry ass "woe are we" posts like 8 in 8's. We're going to be a lot better next year. Your Jets are far from dominant.

I need to see what the jests do this offseason before I make that prediction. They signed so many 1 year contracts, I know all those players wont be back again. This coming year, the jests will be a lot weaker than last year.

I do not know if they will be weaker, it seems they have a lot of young talent. However, they did franchise Harris and I am anxious for Cromartie and Revis to hit the FA market. I do not think they'll find the same success as they supposedly did last year.

tl,dr: Nate Clements = Revis.

F*CK the jets! Don't care if they beat us or not! Tell them overrated m*therf*ckers to win when it matters! Revis....million dollar man, make that int that hit you square in the chest. Scott, make the tackle and mendenhal doesn't get in. And on top of that, they had a nerve to come out flat in an afc championship game. FOH with that bs! Only person on that team that is official is HOLMES! And where is he from? F*CK THE JETS!!!!!!!

This is awesome...and considering it is 11:20 PM, this is the post of the day, not others need apply.

Cant wait to see Jason Taylor, Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, LaDanian Tomlinson, and David Harris all back while staying under the cap

They could lose everyone on this list (Harris will be franchised btw) and still dominate us.

The only concern I have is, if the bills will be better. I still don't have much faith in the bills as a franchise until I actually see the team really go out and win.

Thank Goodness! Finally a post I can agree with! Yeah, you got that right...I love the Bills, but I don't have much faith in them as a franchise....I know that it all starts with the draft, and to select impact players in positions of need first! This is against the grain of what Buddy Nix preaches, but I think there will be at least a couple of good DT's, DE's, QB's, LB's, early in the draft where we should be able to find 2 impact players with our first 2 picks!

I also know that some of the better teams acquire FA players during free agency and are better off for it! I know Nix has mentioned that he doesn't believe in big name free agents, and that it's less expensive to keep your own players. We have so many marginal players that would not start for any of your good teams! I look at free agency as a opportunity to pickup a potential impact player, but except for the money the owner has to shell out it's like an extra draft pick!

Why wouldn't you try and get a couple impact players when you could?...ahh haa! that's what it really comes down to....The Bills don't want to spend to the cap, and just like the Sabres they try to do more with less! That may mean that drafting a QB at #3 isn't on the agenda as they would have to make a substantial financial committment which the owner may not be willing to make!

My prediction is the Bills select a M.Daraeus or Von Miller with their 1st selection, and C. Ponder in the 2nd or 3rd round. I think I would prefer Fairley in the 1st round, but I anticipate he'll be gone!

This post was not a waste - it's actually a good thread that brings up a great ESPN simulcast show. :thumbsup: I really like Mike and Mike, they are both well spoken, have a great "back and forth" and both have good senses of humor.

As for the national perception of the Bills....well they were a "solid well deserved" 4-12-0 last year, are they supposed to be gushing over the Bills or something?

And finally, as usual for me, the Guru Duo of Kiper/McShay are certainly in the majority about the Bills needs in this draft, but that just makes them wrong with the majority in my humble opinion. Newton or Gabbert are the only players Nix and the gang should be targeting with the #3.

F*CK the jets! Don't care if they beat us or not! Tell them overrated m*therf*ckers to win when it matters! Revis....million dollar man, make that int that hit you square in the chest. Scott, make the tackle and mendenhal doesn't get in. And on top of that, they had a nerve to come out flat in an afc championship game. FOH with that bs! Only person on that team that is official is HOLMES! And where is he from? F*CK THE JETS!!!!!!!

For the same reason they came out flat in a huge game they will start to crack this year. Ryan's emotional leadership is great for a while, but eventually that starts to backfire and the AFC championship game may have been the first sign.

They have a lot of talent, but they are who we thought they are!

I honestly believe the Bills could win 7 to 9 games this coming year if they draft right. Throw in a wise trade and active free agency, re-signing our own talent, and we might even be better than that. What depresses me is the failure last year to do the obvious with the offensive line, the "luxury pick" when we had critical needs, the premature 3-4 move on defense without appropriate talent.

Others have done turnarounds and we can do it as well. I think we have to have more of the Buddy Ryan attitude that we will win and go to the playoffs NOW. I'm not a Buddy Ryan fan in many ways but believe your had better set stretch goals if you are ever going to reach them.

Love the optimism. Guess the Bills might as well not even show up this year. Just forfeit all 16 games since they will suck so bad. Oh wait, a piece of the sky just fell and hit my house. Gotta go.

Why wouldn't you try and get a couple impact players when you could?...ahh haa! that's what it really comes down to....The Bills don't want to spend to the cap, and just like the Sabres they try to do more with less! That may mean that drafting a QB at #3 isn't on the agenda as they would have to make a substantial financial committment which the owner may not be willing to make!

How many times does this need to be said? The Bills *do* spend money; they had the 12th highest payroll in the 2009 season and were making huge offers to big name head coaches before last season. It's more a matter of free agents wanting to play for winning teams or, at least, teams where players have faith in the decision-making ability of the front office.

IF YOU DON'T BILLIEVE WHY NOT JUST LEAVE !!!! WE WANT POSITIVE THINKERS HERE :thumbsup:

GO BILLS !!!!!!!!

Why is it that people seem to take it personally and develop a hate for people who speak the truth about the Bills and not what the many Bills fans who live in a fantasy world want to hear. What do you expect them to say? The Bills were 4-12 last year, haven't been to the playoffs in over a decade, the owner has run this franchise into a state of embarrassment, but hey this is the year they win 12 games? Get real. No non-biased media personality can say anything more positive than "the Bills may be headed in the right direction" with a straight face, and even that is debatable. Don't get me wrong, I have been a Bills fan for over 40 years, but what did they say that was inaccurate? The "luxury pick of Spiller" was not a smart choice, for a team that has more holes than just about any other team in the league. Hopefully, someday this franchise will finally turn it around, it doesn't look like that will be in the next few seasons, but when they do, just watch, you might like what some of the media types have to say about them. Until then, relax, and quite complaining about people just because they are stating the obvious.

I think I have a new item for my sig line...

I don't abide Mike and Mike, worthless louts.

Edited by Bullpen

How many times does this need to be said? The Bills *do* spend money; they had the 12th highest payroll in the 2009 season and were making huge offers to big name head coaches before last season. It's more a matter of free agents wanting to play for winning teams or, at least, teams where players have faith in the decision-making ability of the front office.

They may have the 12th highest payroll, but they often don't plug the money they spend in the right spot. Now, I don't try and remember contract stuff too much, but didn't they spend a lot of money to keep Chris Kelsay? I may or may not be right about that I don't know..but too often they will overpay a marginal player or even a player that I think is sub-marginal instead of spending the money in areas that net better results.

I do agree with you that the Bills organization is not a magnet for marquee players at all. I really don't believe that it's based on the weather as players wanted to come here in the early 90's when we had a great team. But, the Bills don't seem to draft players in a way that they will have to pay out huge contracts. For example who would've commanded more money in a contract last year C.J. Spiller or a QB that many thought we might have taken?

This year the Bills will have a realistic shot at drafting the first QB in the draft. I'm not saying that they should, but it's up for discussion..But, even if they should..I don't think they will no matter who the QB is as that is a position that will demand a bigger investment. I think the Bills will probably grab a QB in the 3rd round once again..on the cheap!

Also, the Bills have not been known to keep their better players at freeagency time. They have let very talented players walk because they weren't willing to pay the going rate to resign the player. ie: Antwoine Winfield, Jabari Greer, Pat Williams, Nate Clements, Leonhard, London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes...etc..etc...etc...

I do agree that the front office is inept and question why Tom Modrak is still in the mix? I still think selecting Spiller was a bad use of the 1st rounder last year. If your numbers are correct and the Bills have the 12th highest payroll there is definitely a disparity between the value of the talent that they have and what they have for a payroll.

So maybe it's not neccessarily the total of what they spend, but just bad allocation of what they spend it on for clarification purposes. As far as seriously waving big bucks for a coach before hiring Gailey, I just don't buy into that too much. I think it was all a charade, and I never took the Bills too serious about possibly hiring Cowher, Shottenheimer, Gruden, Billick, etc......but I appreciate getting a different prospective on things anyways. Thanks!

Edited by tonyjustbcuz

So maybe it's not neccessarily the total of what they spend, but just bad allocation of what they spend it on for clarification purposes.

Agreed, they seem to spend money on whomever will take it. It might not be such a bad thing if they reduced payroll and hung onto the money until players worth the big bucks express legitimate interest in playing for the Bills.