Cam Newton Media Day???

symbiant

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be.... Interesting. I'm sure he'll look good physically. More curious about the reaction and theatrics. Will it play well, or immature and of poor judgement?

It will be perfectly scripted. The worries with Newton are clear as day - he will present a dog and pony show and this will only bolster his stock. He can throw the ball well, his problems extend far beyond that aspect.

It will be perfectly scripted. The worries with Newton are clear as day - he will present a dog and pony show and this will only bolster his stock. He can throw the ball well, his problems extend far beyond that aspect.

There's been some early backlash. The dog and pony show might turn off some GMs. If he's immaculate on the field it'll be easy to forget some of the obvious off field warts

There's been some early backlash. The dog and pony show might turn off some GMs. If he's immaculate on the field it'll be easy to forget some of the obvious off field warts

That is my problem with QB's on these media days. It's just playing catch for the most part. The bench, 40 time, and vert jump don't mean much for a QB - Cam can do well at those, and he can throw the ball but I have yet to see him have to make decisions that show he is a top tier QB.

Oh, don't worry, RichardBag has a fan club started somewhere on the page, tune in there...Here ya go, it is high comedy, rich and deep in hysterical laughs.

Just imagine....Ben Rothlisberger crossed with Vince Young!!!!

That is my problem with QB's on these media days. It's just playing catch for the most part. The bench, 40 time, and vert jump don't mean much for a QB - Cam can do well at those, and he can throw the ball but I have yet to see him have to make decisions that show he is a top tier QB.

I've seen him make the decision to take off and run the moment his primary receiver isn't wide open a bunch of times.

STOP IT PLEASE!!!!! A scripted Media Day? That's something new!

I saw Cam Newton 7 times this past season, once in person against Georgia. He IS special, the Bills need a defender more than a QB, but if they want a QB I'd be very happy with Cam Newton. Yep he was found with a stolen computer, yep I heard he cheated on tests at Florida, the university has never confirmed this, but I'll accept the probability. So he left Florida went to a JUCO won a national title, then went to another SEC school and oh by the way won another National title. Every time I see him speak with the media he is well spoken, seemingly intellegent and respectful. If we accept everything HE has been accused of doing, we ought to accept everything he HAS done, which includes 2 natioanl titles with some pretty incredible skills and size the good lord blessed him with. The Buffalo Bills could use a few blessed winning players. No more high character, high motor players, give me winners!

http://www.newerascouting.com/2011/02/cam-newton-scouting-report/

Does this sound like the # 3 pick?

I hope not. Too many question marks like football IQ and lack of pro style offense

Yes, those are his weak points, but they are the same weak points for every college prospect. None of the QBs were running a pro style offense.

If we are considering Newton, then it's up to Buddy and Co. to find out just how far behind he is.

The good news is that his only weak points are the ones that can be coached into players. And with Fitz proving a decent starter, Newton would have at least a year to sit and learn from one of the best QB/Offensive coaches in the game.

No other QB prospect has his physical traits and capabilities, and that can NOT be coached into the other prospects.

All of them need to work on their football IQ.

It all comes down to how dedicated the FO thinks he would be to learning.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and when I think about how Buddy just barely missed out on his QB last year (Tebow), and how everyone calls Newton "Tebow who can throw", the more I think we might just grab Newton at #3.

I originally thought we might try to package our #34 pick with a 4th and 6th and move back into the mid-late first to grab Newton. But since that blew up in our faces last year, we might just snag him at #3...

We'll see. I'm very interested in how today and the rest of his workouts go.

STOP IT PLEASE!!!!! A scripted Media Day? That's something new!

I saw Cam Newton 7 times this past season, once in person against Georgia. He IS special, the Bills need a defender more than a QB, but if they want a QB I'd be very happy with Cam Newton. Yep he was found with a stolen computer, yep I heard he cheated on tests at Florida, the university has never confirmed this, but I'll accept the probability. So he left Florida went to a JUCO won a national title, then went to another SEC school and oh by the way won another National title. Every time I see him speak with the media he is well spoken, seemingly intellegent and respectful. If we accept everything HE has been accused of doing, we ought to accept everything he HAS done, which includes 2 natioanl titles with some pretty incredible skills and size the good lord blessed him with. The Buffalo Bills could use a few blessed winning players. No more high character, high motor players, give me winners!

It's funny that those of us who actually watched him play a lot are on board, while most of the naysayers, when pressed, admit to having only seen him play in the National Championship and maaaybe another game.

Even as an Auburn fan, I was not a fan of Newton in the beginning of the year. I wanted Mallett or Luck for the Bills. But after watching him perform magic week after week, by the 7th game I was a believer. Watching how he finished through the year made me a definite believer.

I personally feel the Bills should go Defense at #3 (and the rest of the draft). But if we must draft a QB, it's Cam or no one, IMO.

As seen by whom? This 'event' is open to the media, not scouts etc.

are you implying that the scouts will have no idea what goes on at this event? do you not think that any team even halfway thinking about him wont have scouts on that field with a pair of those glasses with the fake nose and mustache?

if you are debating giving him 50 mil, you will spend a couple bucks on getting a press pass == atleast thats the guess id venture. at the very least they will get every second of the film

Just imagine....Ben Rothlisberger crossed with Vince Young!!!!

I've seen him make the decision to take off and run the moment his primary receiver isn't wide open a bunch of times.

1.) Most of those were designed QB runs, not a lack of ability to read the defense on his part. He's doing what he's told to.

2.) Those runs accounted for over 1000 YDS. and last time I check rushing yards count just as much as passing yards. Everyone loves Vick for his highlight reel runs, but everyone seems to be bashing Newton for his.

1.) Most of those were designed QB runs, not a lack of ability to read the defense on his part. He's doing what he's told to.

2.) Those runs accounted for over 1000 YDS. and last time I check rushing yards count just as much as passing yards. Everyone loves Vick for his highlight reel runs, but everyone seems to be bashing Newton for his.

1)thats the problem, weve never seen a qb come from a spread option offence and succeed.

2)at this point i think most realize that those runs lead to a sore, jumpy, innaccurate qb that misses games and by the time the playoffs roll around hes beaten up like vick. i dont think its a coincidence that he started the season as healthy as he has ever been and ended it beaten up and playing like we are used to, electric but inconsistent.

1)thats the problem, weve never seen a qb come from a spread option offence and succeed.

2)at this point i think most realize that those runs lead to a sore, jumpy, innaccurate qb that misses games and by the time the playoffs roll around hes beaten up like vick. i dont think its a coincidence that he started the season as healthy as he has ever been and ended it beaten up and playing like we are used to, electric but inconsistent.

Didn't Rodgers run the spread in college? (I could be WAY off there ... I don't follow college football much).

If you're going to discount a player simply based on the style of offense his coaches ran in college, then NO QB prospect will ever get drafted. Might want to go check the offenses that the other guys have played in.

And prepare to be disgusted with Luck and the offense that Harbaugh called, if you are looking for a player with experience in the pro style offense.

Sam Bradford ran the spread offense. He's succeeding with wide receivers off of the street.