Snow anyone?

BB27

Snow Snow Snow!

Too much on the ground already, and we're in for another big hit starting tomorrow. I would say there is about 30 - 35" of snow in my yard right now, (Hartford has gotten 70" so far this year!) and they are saying there is the potential for 2 feet over the next few days! I can't shoot it high enough with my snowblower to get it out of the driveway in some spots.

Spent the weekend getting snow off my roof, and want to get some more down today. The piles in front and behind my house are approaching 5 - 6 foot in height!

So, how much you got?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in the NE corner of CT, it's a little more than you guys have, wrt actual snowfall and not much cumulative melting (I was down there yesterday - 38* in Manchester, 30* here according to my Jeep thermometer).

With this next storm, the squirrels aren't even going to have to jump/climb to get to the feeder!

Roads are in pretty bad shape as well. It's scary just trying to pull out of the driveway or around corners with the 8' piles. Let's just hope Phil doesn't see a shadow Wednesday!

Snow Snow Snow!

Too much on the ground already, and we're in for another big hit starting tomorrow. I would say there is about 30 - 35" of snow in my yard right now, (Hartford has gotten 70" so far this year!) and they are saying there is the potential for 2 feet over the next few days! I can't shoot it high enough with my snowblower to get it out of the driveway in some spots.

Spent the weekend getting snow off my roof, and want to get some more down today. The piles in front and behind my house are approaching 5 - 6 foot in height!

So, how much you got?

We've had pretty much identical weather up here in the NW suburbs of Boston. In the 11 years I've been here I have never seen this much snow on the ground at once. 2004 was snowier, but we had melting inbetween storms - this has just been piling up. Through Wednesday we are projected to get another 20" or so. No idea where to put the stuff - already dangerous to back out of the driveway because you just can't see - dito for some intersections. Thank God I got snowshoes for Christmas!

We've had pretty much identical weather up here in the NW suburbs of Boston. In the 11 years I've been here I have never seen this much snow on the ground at once. 2004 was snowier, but we had melting inbetween storms - this has just been piling up. Through Wednesday we are projected to get another 20" or so. No idea where to put the stuff - already dangerous to back out of the driveway because you just can't see - dito for some intersections. Thank God I got snowshoes for Christmas!

I bought a car at just the right time. I'm sick of having to inch my way out into intersections in fear of the random old guy who decides to run a red light. I've seen that happen at least 3 times so far.

Here at Uconn I have not seen the grass since the semester started. Probably about 2 feet on the ground right now.

Two feet at UConn/Yukon/UCan't? A couple of towns north, when I walk my dog in the clearing, I'm thigh-high and I'm still not close to touching ground.

Two feet at UConn/Yukon/UCan't? A couple of towns north, when I walk my dog in the clearing, I'm thigh-high and I'm still not close to touching ground.

What if your dog got stuck in the snow and then suffocated to death. You should be more careful next time you walk him/her. Make a path for him/her because two feet of snow is pushing it. Or you could make tunnels in the snow for the dog because that would be pretty cool. I think two feet of snow is enough to build them and if it is not then the storm on Weds will surely bring enough.

Edited by b stein 22

68 degrees in Raleigh yesterday. Keep the snow.

The cold front is on the way! It only got up to 47 here in Lexington/the Triad.

Snow/Rain/Slush/??? is coming. I love the snow/rain/slush/??? because it's good for the soil but nothing is drying out and we need some more deep freezes now to break up the soil and aerate.