I just paid for my 2011 Season Tickets

Albany,n.y.

The Bills sent an e-mail today that links to where you can pay for your tickets. It looks like the tickets are the same price as last year but with one more game included. The tickets cost $432 + $4 fee for a total of $436. That equals $48 per game. Last year was $388 ($384 + $4) so $384/8 also equals $48 per game.

The face value of the tickets is $55. You can look at it 2 ways. The discount per game is 12.7%, or you can look at it the way I do. There are 7 "real" games. $55x7=$385. The $432 I'm paying minus $385 equals $47. So I'm paying $23.50 for each pre-season game, which I'll be giving away.

$432 for NFL season tickets just seems so inexpensive to me! I'm sure Jets and Giants fans (and probably quite a few others) would agree...

If only Buffalo weren't so far away from BVT, I'd buy tickets in a second. If we get "good" again and I know I can sell the games I don't go to, I might pick up a couple tickets next year or the following.

Congrats on the purchase - there isn't much you can spend $50 an have as much fun as a Bills game. Even when we lose the food, friends and scene is worth the price of admission!

$432 for NFL season tickets just seems so inexpensive to me! I'm sure Jets and Giants fans (and probably quite a few others) would agree...

If only Buffalo weren't so far away from BVT, I'd buy tickets in a second. If we get "good" again and I know I can sell the games I don't go to, I might pick up a couple tickets next year or the following.

Congrats on the purchase - there isn't much you can spend $50 an have as much fun as a Bills game. Even when we lose the food, friends and scene is worth the price of admission!

I hear you. I'm about a 6-hour drive away from Orchard Park. If I was halfway closer, I'd get seasons.

The Bills sent an e-mail today that links to where you can pay for your tickets. It looks like the tickets are the same price as last year but with one more game included. The tickets cost $432 + $4 fee for a total of $436. That equals $48 per game. Last year was $388 ($384 + $4) so $384/8 also equals $48 per game.

The face value of the tickets is $55. You can look at it 2 ways. The discount per game is 12.7%, or you can look at it the way I do. There are 7 "real" games. $55x7=$385. The $432 I'm paying minus $385 equals $47. So I'm paying $23.50 for each pre-season game, which I'll be giving away.

Thanks for supporting the team. I hate when people say, "I'm done with this team" and stuff like that. I live out of town and I always go to one road game and the home game closest to Christmas, it's the best I can do. So just wanted to say thanks.

Pre-CBA = Old Math; Will need New Math for lockout or new agreement. Think of it as either a no interest loan for Ralph or a down payment on next season's tix.

For every one of us, laying out that kind of money is a personal decision and it is true that the financial equation is different for everyone. But that being said, I will say that a) 2011 will be my second year in a row with seasons after a long absence (after I moved south), and b) with all due respect brother, man up and support the team! You'll have a ball.

Remember, "fan" is short for "fanatic". "Fanatics" don't sit on the sidelines waiting for their team to be good before they support them (or so I tell my wife). Nor do fanatics let a few miles get in between them and their favorite team.

I'm jealous. Congrats on your tickets. The price, no matter how you slice it, is a deal and then some. I miss my seasons (N-3, row 7, seats 1-4). I know the seating has changed but I loved those seats. Just a right out of the tunnel and into my seats. I could sit on the aisle and actually make it to the bathroom and back between plays when the other team had the ball. I had my seasons from '86-'96 so getting there during the K-Gun was impossible. Actually won the "Super Bowl" lottery and went to SB XVIII in Atlanta for $350 for the pair. Talk about a deal.

I would get seasons now but I only can make one or two games a year since I live in the Orlando area. The price is right though. Sure the team sucks but I'm not a bandwagon jumper and love going for the experience. I think the only thing that bothers me about going to the games now is the intensive security. Back in the day, it was minimal at best and the problems were far far less IMO.

Have fun this year, should be better at least.

Did they say you get a refund if the season doesnt happen?

I refuse to pay for tickets or parking. Its a personal promise I made to myself after the spineless Bills brought DJ back after that 2-10 collapse. Ive been to a few games but it was an extra ticket and a free ride there. I have also neglected to go to a few games for free. They really arent worth it anymore, Ill jsut watch it on TV and flip to see some real football teams on Fox during the commercials.

I figure Ill buy my next ticket when the Bills make the playoffs. I doubt I ever buy another ticket.

The resale market is stronger than you think. Obviously opening day and games against primo opponents sell well. Assuming there is football in 2011 the Eagles will likely be the marquee game with everyone wanting to see Mike Vick.

PTR

I refuse to pay for tickets or parking. Its a personal promise I made to myself after the spineless Bills brought DJ back after that 2-10 collapse. Ive been to a few games but it was an extra ticket and a free ride there. I have also neglected to go to a few games for free. They really arent worth it anymore, Ill jsut watch it on TV and flip to see some real football teams on Fox during the commercials.

I figure Ill buy my next ticket when the Bills make the playoffs. I doubt I ever buy another ticket.

Cheers :beer: I'm never going to support medicore, if that means I'm a bandwagon type of guy....then so be it!

I bought season tickets when Marv Levy hired Ted Marchibroda, and kept them all thru the SB years, fun times!

I just renewed my two seats @ $1192 spread over 6 months.

Piece of cake.

Its nice they let you spread the payments out, but can you believe that they ae charging you 16.7% interest on that money. Thats crazy. Its not like they are a bank. They are acting like loan sharks.

Its nice they let you spread the payments out, but can you believe that they ae charging you 16.7% interest on that money. Thats crazy. Its not like they are a bank. They are acting like loan sharks.

You misunderstood. Each payment is 16% of the whole. They don't charge interest.

PTR

Ha ha! I'm not shocked that a whiner like you expects others to buy tickets so you can sit on your fat arse and watch games for free at home.

PTR

You misunderstood. Each payment is 16% of the whole. They don't charge interest.

PTR

Ha ha! I'm not shocked that a whiner like you expects others to buy tickets so you can sit on your fat arse and watch games for free at home.

PTR

Firstly my arse isnt fat. Secondly I've had season tickets since 92. Who would want to sit at home watching a game when they can be in the game?

Just out of curiousity, was there anything in the email or renewal paperwork discussing the possibilities of there not being a season next year? Or will you just have to sit in your seat in an empty stadium?

Firstly my arse isnt fat. Secondly I've had season tickets since 92. Who would want to sit at home watching a game when they can be in the game?

Sorry, that comment was meant for Thoner7, not you. Just a glitch in the way that comment displayed. See the comment from Thoner7 after my post.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot