Bills coaching staff/Senior Bowl practice live

Chandler#81

Good insights from the 'announcers' too (Mayock, etc.) on specific position drills.

Entertainig. But I'm a football geek..

true. it's fascinating listening to the Bills' O-line coach tell the players what they're doing wrong.

true. it's fascinating listening to the Bills' O-line coach tell the players what they're doing wrong.

Yes! The player listens, employs the teaching and is better the next 'play'. Gives me better insight that this kind of instruction is given to Wood, Levitre, Urbick every moment.

Also better insight into how incredibly tough the level of football is in the NFL!

lot of good things out there:

Good,

Phil Taylor 340 DT very lean, bull rushed his opponent all day not else though but as a nose would be just fine.

Brooks Reed OLB watched a few games and looked great in one and ok in the other, was tearring it up on the pashrush, blew past Sherrod and love every time, reminds me of Zach Thomas and Bryce Paup put together, high motor guy and can make plays too could be poor mans Clay Matthews. :thumbsup:

Sam Acho may be more of a gamer, sometimes looked good sometimes got stoned, might need more practice time.

Danny Watkins OG very tough stoned his guy on every play

Clint Bolling RT Workman type guy but didn't get beat might be an early round option.

Bad,

Derrick Sherrod LT don't see all the hype for this guy was getting schooled all day then on last one on one he basically through an arm out there due to frustration and our Coach Joe D' head dropped and said something like are you ready now. :thumbdown:

Demarcus Love OT pretty much same as above but a little better.

Christian Ponder QB brainiac but no skills and was inaccurate.

Andy Dalton QB was hopefull but didn't impress, missed some throws but was ok may look better in the game.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

The staff is wearing Bills sideline garb and very involved with teaching, encouraging and -at times- yelling.

It's cool to see and certainly an advantage for recruiting. All teams have reps here watcing, but our guys have the best seat!

yeah - good thing our newly signed crackerjack defensive expert is getting such first hand input. :oops:

the same kind of input that Chan couldn't live without so he treated the entire 2010 season as a first hand observation period - since he couldn't rely on film and tape for a proper evaluation.

Yeah- i didn't know much about Joe D'Allessandris (Bills O-line coach) but he was mic'd up for practice and really did a terrific job teaching the big guys. It's cool when you see these big shots in Alabama and Florida St helmets and then an NFL coach just picks them apart with ease and you realize they are just kids really.

I know Bills aren't coaching him, but did anyone catch Locker? SI had him as atrocious.

I saw him this afternoon and Mayock was pointing out accuracy issues during some of the drills. Mayock was very kind and said he wasn't jumping on the guy, but he said the scouts are there to see if Lockler can be accurate and was not at all.

It was the 1st practice, but it seemed to me Mayock was saying he better get his act together as the week goes on.

yeah - good thing our newly signed crackerjack defensive expert is getting such first hand input. :oops:

the same kind of input that Chan couldn't live without so he treated the entire 2010 season as a first hand observation period - since he couldn't rely on film and tape for a proper evaluation.

The News said they wanted him to stay back and get up to speed on our defense and player evaluation.

I thought Locker would be hard for Gailey to pass up - and we never know till it's over - but, it looks like there are going to be 2-4 QB's in this draft that Gailey might enjoy working with - and, after watching an interview with Kaepernick? I think Gailey might rather go with him in the third - if he'll be there - than Locker in 1... and, as I said, whoever Gailey ends up choosing will be worth getting excited about, because we've all seen what he can do without being able to choose the pupil; imagine what he can do if he can hand-pick his QB.

I'm going with either Locker or Kaepernick.

I thought Locker would be hard for Gailey to pass up - and we never know till it's over - but, it looks like there are going to be 2-4 QB's in this draft that Gailey might enjoy working with - and, after watching an interview with Kaepernick? I think Gailey might rather go with him in the third - if he'll be there - than Locker in 1... and, as I said, whoever Gailey ends up choosing will be worth getting excited about, because we've all seen what he can do without being able to choose the pupil; imagine what he can do if he can hand-pick his QB.

I'm going with either Locker or Kaepernick.

Honestly, I'm nit sure locker was a one when his stock was highest. After this last season, he'd be very lucky to be celebrating being drafted even on Friday night - he may last til Saturday.

lot of good things out there:

Good,

Phil Taylor 340 DT very lean, bull rushed his opponent all day not else though but as a nose would be just fine.

Brooks Reed OLB watched a few games and looked great in one and ok in the other, was tearring it up on the pashrush, blew past Sherrod and love every time, reminds me of Zach Thomas and Bryce Paup put together, high motor guy and can make plays too could be poor mans Clay Matthews. :thumbsup:

Sam Acho may be more of a gamer, sometimes looked good sometimes got stoned, might need more practice time.

Danny Watkins OG very tough stoned his guy on every play

Clint Bolling RT Workman type guy but didn't get beat might be an early round option.

Bad,

Derrick Sherrod LT don't see all the hype for this guy was getting schooled all day then on last one on one he basically through an arm out there due to frustration and our Coach Joe D' head dropped and said something like are you ready now. :thumbdown:

Demarcus Love OT pretty much same as above but a little better.

Christian Ponder QB brainiac but no skills and was inaccurate.

Andy Dalton QB was hopefull but didn't impress, missed some throws but was ok may look better in the game.

That wasn't Derrick Sherrod. It was the OT from Alabama #77, James Carpenter, that was struggling when Coach Joe D dropped his head.

I know Bills aren't coaching him, but did anyone catch Locker? SI had him as atrocious.

Mayock said Locker was great at getting out of the pocket and making plays on the move, but looked really bad when he had to stand in the pocket and deliver the ball. He was horribly inaccurate.

The News said they wanted him to stay back and get up to speed on our defense and player evaluation.

that sounds like a good plan

miss out on a once in a lifetime opportunity to meet and evaluate players face-to-face that the Bills will consider drafting so he can arrange the furniture in his office

gee- what do you think is wrong with this picture?

but then again, the Bills scouting process has ignored the face to face stuff for years - so that makes sense