New Mock Draft

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I give a lot of respect to that site - the dude works hard and doesn't put out a new mock every two days just to drive up traffic. But I haven't seen Von Miller as a top-5 prospect before.

Well, they DID say that he would be a reach at 3, but is still worthy of top 10 consideration. I DO agree with the pick in some ways, as LB is our biggest need, IMO. Just not 100% sure if we should venture too far away from BPA, and reach for need.

Pending the Senior Bowl and combines, it's hard to believe that the Bills wouldn't pick Dareus or Quinn in this scenario. If we're looking at a surprise pick here, they could go Peterson, Gabbert, or Newton. 11. Houston - Steven Paea, DT, Ore. St. would be a tremendous reach.

I'm pretty convinced that Dareus is going to be the best option. Not necessarily the most exciting: he's not going to be the kind of player who gets 18 sacks per season - Arthur Moats and Shawne Merriman are going to get the credit. But they'll be getting penetration because Dareus occupies the linemen. He also frees up Kyle Williams to be an even bigger force.

Stupid draft experts...the last thing we need is another tweener with a great first step......

Pick Dareus and get a stud 5 technique DLman and let's start pounding on some OL's. Dareus, Troup, KW in a 3-4 with Edwards and Carrington in rotation or in a hybrid 4-3 is a nice place to build from. Then let's talk LB's.

Pending the Senior Bowl and combines, it's hard to believe that the Bills wouldn't pick Dareus or Quinn in this scenario. If we're looking at a surprise pick here, they could go Peterson, Gabbert, or Newton. 11. Houston - Steven Paea, DT, Ore. St. would be a tremendous reach.

Not really, his stock has been rising and will continue to IMO.

Wasn't that what they said about Maybin ???? I say go with Dareus we need to collapse the pocket & with Williams & Dareus we will have a front line worth keeping for years to come !!!

Edited by T master

BIG difference between Maybin and Miller.

Miller has been performing at a high level for close to 4 years...with the last two seasons in a row being considered stellar.

Maybin only had one season of decent college level play.

I'd prefer a guy like Fairley or Dareus with our #3 pick, but I wouldn't complain over Miller.

BIG difference between Maybin and Miller.

Miller has been performing at a high level for close to 4 years...with the last two seasons in a row being considered stellar.

Maybin only had one season of decent college level play.

I'd prefer a guy like Fairley or Dareus with our #3 pick, but I wouldn't complain over Miller.

Having watched several of Miller's games, including the bowl game, I would say that my biggest concern would be his lack of size and strength to defend against the run in the NFL. Another criticism of Miller would be his inconsistency with playing to the whistle....he often looks lazy giving up on plays. IMO...he has not demonstrated the ability to be a solid run defender in college. That being said...I doubt that he could be an "every down" linebacker. No doubt, he is an exceptional pass rusher and has established a body of work. The question is...do we draft a "situational" player with the #3 overall pick? I think not.

Having watched several of Miller's games, including the bowl game, I would say that my biggest concern would be his lack of size and strength to defend against the run in the NFL. Another criticism of Miller would be his inconsistency with playing to the whistle....he often looks lazy giving up on plays. IMO...he has not demonstrated the ability to be a solid run defender in college. That being said...I doubt that he could be an "every down" linebacker. No doubt, he is an exceptional pass rusher and has established a body of work. The question is...do we draft a "situational" player with the #3 overall pick? I think not.

I only caught a couple A&M games live, but in the last few weeks went back and watched some of Miller's footage, and I agree with your evaluation 100%.

I think he would be a great pick in the 20s, and definitely in round 2 (which I understand probably wont happen), but #3 overall... yikes! We're already busy running Donte out of town, and now make another reach with the most important draft pick in recent Bills history?!?! No thanks.

Miller has had a successful college career, but our need on D is really a space eater to stop the run and a dynamic LB to step in and defend Tight Ends. I am not certain that Miller fits the latter exceptionally and he definitely does not fit the former. We have all been wrong before, but I have also seen us be very, very right. Concencus rules on this one and I vote for Fairley, Dareus or Bowers, very much in that order.