New Mock Draft

I can't say I'd be too upset over this pick. The guy is a game changer. Looking at his highlight reels, he really plays with fire and intensity.

Clip 1 is just him celebrating

Clip 3 is him getting EATEN alive by the Cornhuskers until the last 45 seconds.

Both clips looked like Maybin 2.0

The funny part is they are less than a year apart in age. So we basically already drafted Miller, just after his freshman year.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted a thread about this dude a few weeks ago and after further consideration he seemed too small for a defense like ours that features small players. I don't know who said it (Parcells?), that there are only so many big men on the planet that have the ability to play football on the NFL level, so when you get the chance you draft one of them.

Smallish linebackers are not what you draft at #3. We need a big man be it at DL or LB there.

Good sir, please defend this ludicrous idea.

It is ludicrous only in that there is very little chance it would happen. If we go hybrid, Haynesworth wouldn't be a problem, and a tandem of him and Williams along with someone like Dareus could give us a monster pass rush. Factor in Woodley and Asomugha, and we could have a great, young defense. Its good to dream- won't hapen and neither will contention for playoffs

It is ludicrous only in that there is very little chance it would happen. If we go hybrid, Haynesworth wouldn't be a problem, and a tandem of him and Williams along with someone like Dareus could give us a monster pass rush. Factor in Woodley and Asomugha, and we could have a great, young defense. Its good to dream- won't hapen and neither will contention for playoffs

You dont care at all about his attitude and/or pay demands?

How would you feel about the Bills drafting someone with such an attitude (work ethic) problem at #3?

I dont care what scheme we are in, or what scheme he demands to play in, this team does not need anyone capable of his crap in the locker room.

Edited by DrDankenstein

Go with size and strength early, worry about speed later. A mean attitude works as well. Fairley, Bowers or Dareus have to be the selection unless we trade back. Enough with the speed guys and the projections.

I agree. I think of it this way. Early in the draft you draft Football IQ, Size, and Athleticism combined. Middle of the draft you take two of the three Football IQ , Size and Athleticism. Late in the draft you take just one of three Football IQ, Size and Athleticism.

Von Miller definitely doesn't have size.

You dont care at all about his attitude and/or pay demands?

How would you feel about the Bills drafting someone with such an attitude (work ethic) problem at #3?

I dont care what scheme we are in, or what scheme he demands to play in, this team does not need anyone capable of his crap in the locker room.

You don't want players with bad attitudes, but if you are going to win, you will end up with some of those players- it is about keeping them in line

You don't want players with bad attitudes, but if you are going to win, you will end up with some of those players- it is about keeping them in line

Id actually argue that, if you are going to win, you will not have anyone with a bad team/me attitude.

Im trying to think of any examples from the winning teams such as Steelers, Packers, Pats, Ravens, Jets...

Any guys on those teams pull, or even THINK of pulling, what Haynesworth pulled this year?

How many Championship (or even Playoff) teams has Haynesworth been a part of?

Imagine doing this and having to look Ray Lewis, or James Harris, or Bart Scott, in the face...

Edited by DrDankenstein

Id actually argue that, if you are going to win, you will not have anyone with a bad team/me attitude.

Im trying to think of any examples from the winning teams such as Steelers, Packers, Pats, Ravens, Jets...

Any guys on those teams pull, or even THINK of pulling, what Haynesworth pulled this year?

How many Championship (or even Playoff) teams has Haynesworth been a part of?

Imagine doing this and having to look Ray Lewis, or James Harris, or Bart Scott, in the face...

youtube.com/watch?v=XFzp3uHua40

The Patriots had Moss, seymour and Wilfork. The Jests have a bunch of attitudes.

I have never been part of a great team at any of the levels I have beem at that didn't have some players with bad attitudes. Its all about laying down the law- and letting them know there won't be exceptions.

Look at Michael Irvin for another example