Why the lack of criticism of Drew?

JP-era

Look, before I get the 50 million reply's with STFU and your a moron etc... Im looking at this realistically.

Yes, Drew DOES represent our best chance to win at this point. I will conceed that. Losman would go the route of Eli at this point. You cant throw a guy in at this point and expect to see him continue to win every game with no hiccups. I dont believe we should throw him in mid-season in ANY season. He needs the ups and downs to learn (this is a hint to what needs to happen next season).

So, fine Drew continues to start through out this year. But, lets say we get in (I really think we will). The goal is NOT to just make the playoffs, the goal is to win a SB. When will our road to the dance NOT include NE? Drew is simply owned by them! If this team and the front office wants to go to and truly win the super bowl they must realize that we need to beat NE either during the regular season or during the playoffs and the Drew DOES NOT give us the best chance to win in THAT game! How can we overlook this? You cant. We HAVE to get a QB who can do at least average AND manage to play decent against NE. Thats not Drew and we have NO indication that it ever WILL be!

Add in the fact that our D has been all world and has kept us in games where Drew goes for only 100 yards passing or throws 3 int's and the writing is all there.

This is NOT a call to play someone else right now. Drew is our best chance, but any notion that he is "good enough" is simply untrue. We are winning DESPITE Drew NOT because of him, and that will QUICKLY change wants we get into the playoffs.

So, I like all of you am stoked by the late run, but I am REALLY worried about how far we go with Drew! If he gets in and he causes or is a large part of a playoff loss, I hope you all will get behind finding a QB who can win us the SB in THIS division! We all, hopefully, want the same thing. Redemption for those 4 losses! And a BIG SB win for our blue collar squad!

I believe that our SB QB is currently on this squad but not starting. But, I am sooo much enjoying watching us win this year!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, before I get the 50 million reply's with STFU and your a moron etc... Im looking at this realistically.

Yes, Drew DOES represent our best chance to win at this point. I will conceed that. Losman would go the route of Eli at this point. You cant throw a guy in at this point and expect to see him continue to win every game with no hiccups. I dont believe we should throw him in mid-season in ANY season. He needs the ups and downs to learn (this is a hint to what needs to happen next season).

So, fine Drew continues to start through out this year. But, lets say we get in (I really think we will). The goal is NOT to just make the playoffs, the goal is to win a SB. When will our road to the dance NOT include NE? Drew is simply owned by them! If this team and the front office wants to go to and truly win the super bowl they must realize that we need to beat NE either during the regular season or during the playoffs and the Drew DOES NOT give us the best chance to win in THAT game! How can we overlook this? You cant. We HAVE to get a QB who can do at least average AND manage to play decent against NE. Thats not Drew and we have NO indication that it ever WILL be!

Add in the fact that our D has been all world and has kept us in games where Drew goes for only 100 yards passing or throws 3 int's and the writing is all there.

This is NOT a call to play someone else right now. Drew is our best chance, but any notion that he is "good enough" is simply untrue. We are winning DESPITE Drew NOT because of him, and that will QUICKLY change wants we get into the playoffs.

So, I like all of you am stoked by the late run, but I am REALLY worried about how far we go with Drew! If he gets in and he causes or is a large part of a playoff loss, I hope you all will get behind finding a QB who can win us the SB in THIS division! We all, hopefully, want the same thing. Redemption for those 4 losses! And a BIG SB win for our blue collar squad!

I believe that our SB QB is currently on this squad but not starting. But, I am sooo much enjoying watching us win this year!

158120[/snapback]

Early in the season Drew was trying to carry this team, we all know he is not capable of that, Drew now knows that he doesn't need to make a play every snap.

He has been to and won playoff games in the past, and I think that he can do it again.

For one thing, Drew is playing with a new level of confidence right now that he hasn't had in a long time. That makes a huge difference. Also, the offense as a whole is playing better with the emergence of McGahee and Evans. I'm more worried about Moulds holding up to the pressure than Drew. He seems to be feeling the heat with Evans playing so well. This team is probably the hottest in football right now (with the exception of maybe Indy) and I think they'll play well the rest of the year. Playoffs or none, we'll play well to finish and I think that if we do get in then the rest of the AFC will not be feeling very comfortable playing a team on a roll like us.

Bills have a great D... I think we'll all agree on that. Do we have a playoff offense??? Hard to tell... and maybe the answer is "no". But, if you have a "big time" QB, that QB will rise to the occaision in a "big game". Bledsoe hasn't answered that call as a Bill... in fact, he's done just the opposite in every big game the Bills have had. So, I don't have any confidence or faith that the trend will change this week. My only hope is that he just doesn't hurt the team by making stupid decisions and just doing the typical stupid things that he does.

The Bills are going to be cranked this week. Besides Takeo, Krumrie and Whyche are going back to a City they're intimate with. All we can ask is the Bills play their best and hope that it's enough.

Why the lack of criticism of Drew?

Obviously, because we're winning. :o

We may get in, but how far will Drew go?

Don't know, that's why they play the games. :D

His past performance in big games isn't very good at all,

but neither is Marty's, Cowher's, or Manning's.

Maybe we get a good draw & someone else takes care of the Pats for us.

Early in the season Drew was trying to carry this team, we all know he is not capable of that, Drew now knows that he doesn't need to make a play every snap.

He has been to and won playoff games in the past, and I think that he can do it again.

158156[/snapback]

If the coaching staff can get him away from throwing to EM all the time and

distribute the ball more to the 3rd WR and the TEs, I think he can play a

more solid game....With Campell and Euhus gone this week, I think DB

went back to his old habit of looking for EM and EM did not do a good job

by dropping quite a few...

Drew threw a few bad passes yeseterday. There were 5 drops by receivers yesterday. We won 37-7.

Jp got his third taste of NFL football in 3 blowout non pressure situations.

This is EXACTLY what a good head coach does to bring along the future QB.

It's not necessary to complain about Bledsoe week in and week out

(particularly when we are winning) to somehow elevate Losman's status.

It makes you look, shall we say, like a moron.

Congrats, you've earned an ignore.

As a side note, you fail to mention the week before during the Dolphins game where both the Defense and Running game played sub-par, and it was Drew who bailed out the team.

Good teams don't play lights out across the board. Good teams find a way to win. Different people will step up in different weeks. Do you think Kelly had A+ games all the time during those Super Bowl years? Hell no. In fact, he had some really attrocious games.

I think at this point it's pretty clear cut......as long as we win, Drew is our QB. As nervous as this makes me, there is simply no better option. If we lose another game, then I think JP is handed the reigns and gets some experience for next year. But as long as we're alive, it's the Drew Bledshow.

STFU. The reason you will not find posts such as yours here is that the Buffalo Bills are on a monumental roll and Drew Bledsoe has been a HUGE part of it. Next.

158232[/snapback]

This is EXACTLY why the phrase, "your smoking serious amount of Stadiumwall make so much sense to me"!

Drew is a HUGE part of why we are winning?

I have seen this guy throw on target TWICE in the past 3 games! Both times to Evans, 1 time for a long bomb, and in the last game he threw a rcoket to him for a TD!

Lets see... Last 4 games against CLOWN teams,

He had:

118 Attempts

71 Completions

60.1 Completion perct

837 Yards

9 TD's

5 Int's

6 Sacks

2 Fumbles

Passers Rating of 89.48

OK, Looking at it by stats. I can see an arguement that he actually has been DECENT. So, I may be suffering from being to critical. His numbers coupled with a very good ground game, Awesome Special Teams, and Awesome D is a winning combo for sure.

BUT.....

Look at his numbers versus NE

49 Attempts

26 Completions

323 Yards

53.1 Pct Cmplt

1 TD

4 Int's

9 Sacks

1 Fumb

46.55 Passers Rating

OUCH!!!!! This really makes my point. He does well against average or bad teams, but chokes against NE. I would be really suprised if his numbers against good teams are similar to his numbers against NE. Im not going to figure it out, someone else can!

The numbers make my point. If you guys are simply slamming me because you like the great recent TEAM play and want to ride the high...FINE I dont blame you and am WITH you!

But, we are SUPPOSED to be trying to win a SUPER BOWL and these numbers are SCARY for us getting it done under Drew!

Say what you like guys but he just plain is NOT good enough!

Im very excited for this TEAM, Im stoked about the playoffs for the first time in a long time, if we get in at all its a HUGE step forward for us.

All these things are great but I just dont see the right guy at the helm for us to win a Super Bowl!

This is EXACTLY why the phrase, "your smoking serious amount of Stadiumwall make so much sense to me"!

Drew is a HUGE part of why we are winning?

I have seen this guy throw on target TWICE in the past 3 games! Both times to Evans, 1 time for a long bomb, and in the last game he threw a rcoket to him for a TD!

Lets see... Last 4 games against CLOWN teams,

He had:

118 Attempts

71 Completions

60.1 Completion perct

837 Yards

9 TD's

5 Int's

6 Sacks

2 Fumbles

Passers Rating of 89.48

OK, Looking at it by stats. I can see an arguement that he actually has been DECENT. So, I may be suffering from being to critical. His numbers coupled with a very good ground game, Awesome Special Teams, and Awesome D is a winning combo for sure.

BUT.....

Look at his numbers versus NE

49 Attempts

26 Completions

323 Yards

53.1 Pct Cmplt

1 TD

4 Int's

9 Sacks

1 Fumb

46.55 Passers Rating

OUCH!!!!! This really makes my point. He does well against average or bad teams, but chokes against NE. I would be really suprised if his numbers against good teams are similar to his numbers against NE. Im not going to figure it out, someone else can!

The numbers make my point. If you guys are simply slamming me because you like the great recent TEAM play and want to ride the high...FINE I dont blame you and am WITH you!

But, we are SUPPOSED to be trying to win a SUPER BOWL and these numbers are SCARY for us getting it done under Drew!

Say what you like guys but he just plain is NOT good enough!

Im very excited for this TEAM, Im stoked about the playoffs for the first time in a long time, if we get in at all its a HUGE step forward for us.

All these things are great but I just dont see the right guy at the helm for us to win a Super Bowl!

158291[/snapback]

Because numbers do not tell the story. Look at Willis McGahee's numbers versus New England. Look at Eric Moulds play against NE. Look at Terrence McGee's games against NE. This team is on a roll. It has gotten better and better in all phases: Running offense, passing offense, offensive line play, receiver play, quarterback play, coaching, defensive pass rush, defensive turnovers, special teams returning, special teams kicking, special teams stops, etc. The losses weren't all Drew's fault, nor were they half Drew's fault. He was part of the problem and not playing well, but a lot of players were letting him down as much as he was letting them down. Now they are all playing well together, and it is partly if not significantly because of the quarterbacking. It is not all about numbers, unless you want to talk about wins, and points, and turnovers. Those are always the biggies.

The numbers make my point.

158291[/snapback]

You want numbers?

4-0 last four.

7-1 last eight.

...and you're complaining? Who's the one smoking here?

BTW, please take a look at how much fun the Giants are having starting their rookie. Then get back to me.

And if you think Drew can't beat New England, I remember a game not too long ago where Drew's Bills sent the Patriots home without a point to their names, despite being coached by Kevin Gilbride and Gregg Williams. 31-0, Drew was flawless.

That was the last time we played the Patriots without being a team with a losing record. Now, if we're 10-6, and just upset Indy or San Diego on the road in the playoffs, and thus on an 8 game winning streak, with Charlie Weis trying to find a few more Fighting Irish in the stands, are you certain that Bledsoe couldn't come up with the biggest win of his career?