Prepare yourself, the Jets will win it all

1billsfan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The DC was on Stern's wrap up show yesterday and said that they spend the first part of every meeting going over what was said in the media, using YouTube to watch clips.

I posted earlier in the week that the Jets will win this weekend. I have to see them win this weekend to predict on, but I agree with what you said OP.

That's great and everything, but the truth is Aaron Rogers is an amazing QB. Sanchez is not. I think it comes down to the QB, and there really isn't a comparison.

I think the Jets will beat the Steelers because...

they're better than the Steelers.

they're on a serious roll.

their team looks to have much more emotion in these games, the Steelers's coach seems much more emotional than the actual players.

they beat Peyton, beat Brady and they're still are getting disrespected with being 4 pt underdogs...can you say motivation?

after Rex's bold "soon to be champs" prediction, hard knocks, all of the drama during the season...it's starting to have that destiny feel to it.

I think they'll beat the Packers (who'll beat the Bears) in the Superbowl because...

they're better that the Packers.

after beating the Colts Pats and Steelers on the road, they'll still not be getting respect.

they'll again be underdogs providing 2 full weeks of huge motivation for an emotional team in the biggest game ever.

I'm just trying to prepare y'all.

That's great and everything, but the truth is Aaron Rogers is an amazing QB. Sanchez is not. I think it comes down to the QB, and there really isn't a comparison.

I think two weeks of Rodgers/Packers media hype (which I think is true BTW, he's arrived at the Brady, Manning level) will do in the Packers. After receiving no credit for defeating the Colts, Pats and Steelers...the Jets will be ready to rip Aaron's head off his body. They have the players, defense and emotion to do it too. Rodgers has yet to face a shut down corner in Revis or a defense as unpredictable as a Belichick defense. These Jets remind me of the old Raider teams who had rough edges and people would love to hate, yet would still beat anybody that was put in front of them.

The Jets and Packers are very closely matched. Sanchez has impressed me, he has a real knack of making big plays in the second half of these games. Granted, Rodgers is THAT good, he's just not going to be good enough to beat the Jets.

If it comes to it, Sanchez will not be able to deal with the Packer's D. He's clearly the least talented QB in the playoffs. I'm not convinced he'll deal with the Steeler's D very well, either. He's really average.

Also - the Jets have nobody on their front 7 the caliber of Clay Matthews. I predict the jets will get behind and Sanchez will need to throw, and he'll be pummeled. Sanchez is very average.

I think two weeks of Rodgers/Packers media hype (which I think is true BTW, he's arrived at the Brady, Manning level) will do in the Packers. After receiving no credit for defeating the Colts, Pats and Steelers...the Jets will be ready to rip Aaron's head off his body. They have the players, defense and emotion to do it too. Rodgers has yet to face a shut down corner in Revis or a defense as unpredictable as a Belichick defense. These Jets remind me of the old Raider teams who had rough edges and people would love to hate, yet would still beat anybody that was put in front of them.

The Jets and Packers are very closely matched. Sanchez has impressed me, he has a real knack of making big plays in the second half of these games. Granted, Rodgers is THAT good, he's just not going to be good enough to beat the Jets.

If it comes to it, Sanchez will not be able to deal with the Packer's D. He's clearly the least talented QB in the playoffs. I'm not convinced he'll deal with the Steeler's D very well, either. He's really average.

Also - the Jets have nobody on their front 7 the caliber of Clay Matthews. I predict the jets will get behind and Sanchez will need to throw, and he'll be pummeled. Sanchez is very average.

Their defense held the Colts to 17 points and the Pats to 21 points. I see no reason why they can't do the same to the Packers. As for Matthews, to me as a whole, the Jets defense seems much more dominant than the Packers defense. They even had Brady rattled.

Average or not, the kid is makings the big throws when it counts. I see him putting up big numbers on Sunday.

Don't discount the "disrespect" card that the Jets will be cashing in if they make it to the Superbowl. They'll have two weeks worth of unwarranted "underdog" status to unload on the Packers.

their team looks to have much more emotion in these games, the Steelers's coach seems much more emotional than the actual players.

they beat Peyton, beat Brady and they're still are getting disrespected with being 4 pt underdogs...can you say motivation?

after Rex's bold "soon to be champs" prediction, hard knocks, all of the drama during the season...it's starting to have that destiny feel to it.

I think they'll beat the Packers (who'll beat the Bears) in the Superbowl because...

after beating the Colts Pats and Steelers on the road, they'll still not be getting respect.

they'll again be underdogs providing 2 full weeks of huge motivation for an emotional team in the biggest game ever.

I hope it's a good game.

You may be right on the "intangibles".

Ryan certainly outcoached Hoodie on getting his players revved up. If the Stillers don't "take a memo" and light their fire fast, they'll be doused.

Jets have the 3rd ranked D in the AFC this season on pts/game, and rightly proud of it

Guess who's #2

Jets have the 7th ranked O in the AFC this season on pts/game

Guess who's #6

At the end of the day, though, stats don't win ballgames, players do.

It is also possible to leave too much on the field after a win. We'll see.

I think you are right. I can see it happening.

Of course, if I believe it will happen, that should effectively destroy their chances, Sanchez will throw five picks and they will lose by 24 point.

You can all be pretty well assured that the Jets WILL NOT win it all this year. In fact, they won't beat the Steelers. Why? How can I be so confident? Because I picked them to win this week in my pick'em pool. I've had the worst luck ever with my picks and my sister is kickin my a:censored:. So, you see... if the Jets win, that means I win. And, this year, I don't win.

the only thing stopping the jets from winning this sunday and in february is mark sanchez. ive said it before. witch the qbs this sunday and it is a blowout. god i hope they lose but realistically if sanchez can make a few plays and take care of the football there is no reason for them to lose

You are right on about Aaron Rodgers, of course. Right now, today, I have him down as the best QB in all of football. You're also right about Sanchez, sort of. The point is he is not consistent (yet), can be good, even very good sometimes, and very, very bad at other times.

The other thing about your post, IMO, is that you are somewhat ahead of yourself. What about the Steelers and Ben R? Unless last week's victory signals the for real arrival of Sanchez as a franchise QB, or unless he is able to somehow string together two outstanding efforts in a row, the Jets have little chance of beating the Steelers. Anything but Sanchez's A game and the Jets get blown away. Unlike last week, he is also going against a Dick LeBeau D that is absolutely loaded with star quality veteran players and playmakers. Watch for the killer turnovers. I expect some for sure.

At this point in their respective careers, I easily put my money on Ben as the safer bet. What people say about Pitt's mediocre O-line and the Jets D is true but Ben is a truly great clutch player who can often get it done by himself - and he does have good weapons that he also knows how to use.

Steelers 27 Jets 13.

As for the Pack/Bears, these two teams are actually pretty evenly matched right now, especially with Findley and Grant out. Pack has good momentum going in though and Rodgers is on fire.

Pack 27 Bears 24.

I don't know how anyone with 1/2 of a brain cell can think that, on paper and on the eve of the Championship, that the Jets are a better team than the Steelers.

Now I personally care for neither one of these 2.

But Sanchez is a much worse QB. The Jets offense is oftentimes limited because of Sanchez's inability and inexperience. He has gotten better than last year, but I don't know that Sanchez is a long term solution at the QB position for any team.

That alone, IMO, gives the Steelers a hard-fought, 24-14 victory.

The Jets are done. Why?, Because last week WAS their Super Bowl. They were honed in on one thing and one thing only, beating the Patriots (knocking them off their throne), who earlier embarassed them badly. No way Ryan gets them that jacked up again for Pittsburgh. Plus, Sanchez, while improving, lays an egg now and then. Jets lose Sunday.

Oh yeah, and Packers win at Chicago, and also take the Super Bowl. Rodgers is playing like a man posessed, they've found a running game, and their D is mighty impressive.