Anne Hathaway.......

JoeF

She can. She's a seriously good actress.

And absolutely delicious.

I have a mixed feeling about this. Hathaway has the look, but as an actress I think she is a bit overrated.

I was hoping for Naomi Watts, I think she would have been a great Catwoman, I was even intrigued by the possibility of Keira Knightley getting the part.

I have a lot of faith in Christopher Nolan. Everyone, and myself included, were up in arms when Nolan casted Heath Ledger as the Joker, and we saw how that turned out.

Just have to wait and see.

I have a mixed feeling about this. Hathaway has the look, but as an actress I think she is a bit overrated.

I was hoping for Naomi Watts, I think she would have been a great Catwoman, I was even intrigued by the possibility of Keira Knightley getting the part.

I have a lot of faith in Christopher Nolan. Everyone, and myself included, were up in arms when Nolan casted Heath Ledger as the Joker, and we saw how that turned out.

Just have to wait and see.

At least it isn't Meghan Fox... That was my first thought on who'd they get as Catwoman.

Who plays Catwoman won't even matter....the star of this film will be Tom Hardy. If you guys don't know who that is, I suggest you watch the film "Bronson". This guy is one hell of an actor, and he has ridiculous range. If the script is solid - which it's likely to be with Nolan in charge - this guy will completely rule this movie :thumbsup:

Who plays Catwoman won't even matter....the star of this film will be Tom Hardy. If you guys don't know who that is, I suggest you watch the film "Bronson". This guy is one hell of an actor, and he has ridiculous range. If the script is solid - which it's likely to be with Nolan in charge - this guy will completely rule this movie :thumbsup:

Agreed. All indications from Nolan and the studio is that Hathaway is playing "Selina Kyle" - there is no mention of the Catwoman. On the other hand, Hardy is often mentioned as Bane (one of the coolest, most bad arse supervillains in Batman's history) with Nolan referring to him as the "villain".

It will be Batman vs. Bane (Hardy) - I think Hathaway's character will be like Harvey Dent - she won't become Catwoman until late into the film.

I like her, I noticed her in that princess movie, but I really don't know if she can be the dark sided woman with a grudge catwoman

I would like to submit Havoc as evidence she can play a darker character. She plays a pretty messed up person in that movie. It is worth a watch if anything because she is very slutty.

Edited by Brimley's Stache

Keira Knightley as Catwoman. :worthy: I couldn't see her accepting the part; my understand is that after Pirates of the Caribbean she wants more diversity in her roles and would rather stay away from action movies for a while. But damn, she'd be a fine choice - one of my favorite actresses, currently (and not just because I want to lick chocolate syrup off her...any actress than can own a scene with Judy Densch is simply a damned good actress).

Agreed. All indications from Nolan and the studio is that Hathaway is playing "Selina Kyle" - there is no mention of the Catwoman. On the other hand, Hardy is often mentioned as Bane (one of the coolest, most bad arse supervillains in Batman's history) with Nolan referring to him as the "villain".

It will be Batman vs. Bane (Hardy) - I think Hathaway's character will be like Harvey Dent - she won't become Catwoman until late into the film.

I just hope it's not the reverse of what happened with the last film...I thought they were off their rocker when they said Ledger was going to play the Joker, and it ended up being one of my favorite performances ever. On the other hand, I think the casting of Hardy is the best news I've heard in a while, so hopefully it won't be a let down. This guy is such a good actor...I'm really glad to see him get a high profile part like this. I expect him to bring the Bane character to life in a way that really makes an impression on the audience :thumbsup:

I'm sure they'll get it right and have him as an intellectual and physical equivalent to Bruce Wayne. There's a lot of potential right there. I can't wait to see what they do with him. All I know is that the bar for Bane was set incredibly low by Schumacher, so it can only get better from here.

I'm sure they'll get it right and have him as an intellectual and physical equivalent to Bruce Wayne. There's a lot of potential right there. I can't wait to see what they do with him. All I know is that the bar for Bane was set incredibly low by Schumacher, so it can only get better from here.

Totally agree about the Schumacher thing...those last couple movies from the 90's were just plain embarrassing. I liked the two Burton films well enough, but then it just got silly. He completely wasted the Bane character in that film, so I hope you're right and they really knock it out of the park with this next film. I have yet to see Inception (it's sitting at home as we speak), but C.Nolan has more than earned my trust as a movie maker thus far. His films are typically very well done and smartly written. He's certainly got a wealth of raw materials to work with in Tom hardy, so if he taps into the potential then this may be the best film in the franchise. Really looking forward to seeing some early shots from the set once they get to filming things. :thumbsup:

He definitely does seem to have the whole casting thing down to a science. But then again, anyone who uses actors like Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman in minor supporting roles clearly puts a lot of thought into that whole process.

He definitely does seem to have the whole casting thing down to a science. But then again, anyone who uses actors like Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman in minor supporting roles clearly puts a lot of thought into that whole process.

He was also very quick to fix his one casting blunder...giving Katie Holmes the axe and replacing her with a real actress! :thumbsup: