New Draftek Mock

bj raji, hood, keisel,

bj raji, hood, keisel...we need another big time def lineman to go along with kyle williams and dareus might be the guy. carrington might be that guy in about a year with his size and athleticism. its a position that needs to be addressed.

I don't deny it has to be addressed but think finding a quality pass rusher is harder then finding a quality 3-4 DE. That's why I favor going Quinn than Darius. As great defenses put pressure on opposing offenses. Honestly who do we have that can get to the QB? As I'll admit that think Carrington showed to be a half way decend DE and Dwan Edwards has started for above average D's in Baltimore. So give me a guy like Quinn and try and get a DE in Round 4 or 5 of the draft.

I don't deny it has to be addressed but think finding a quality pass rusher is harder then finding a quality 3-4 DE. That's why I favor going Quinn than Darius. As great defenses put pressure on opposing offenses. Honestly who do we have that can get to the QB? As I'll admit that think Carrington showed to be a half way decend DE and Dwan Edwards has started for above average D's in Baltimore. So give me a guy like Quinn and try and get a DE in Round 4 or 5 of the draft.

I would love it if quinn is the guy as OBD ranks them. Move Moats back inside or outside if Merriman can't go. I also like the idea of a true NT getting selected, because we can then move KW to DE and we have a quality DL with depth, don't know if we need a DE later. Throw in a RT in round 3 and we're on our way.

http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound1.asp

Not bad but Love got abused by Cameron Heyward so not sure there.

So what? How did Love do the other 12 games he played this year? Or last year? We, as fans, have got to stop seeing someone not do well

in one game and question whether the player is any good. Every player will lose some battles or have a bad game or two. Doesn't mean

they can't play. Elway and Marino threw interceptions. Would you take them as your QB? Scouts judge a body of work as opposed to one

game for a reason. Likewise one great game doesn't mean a player can play.

I would love it if quinn is the guy as OBD ranks them. Move Moats back inside or outside if Merriman can't go. I also like the idea of a true NT getting selected, because we can then move KW to DE and we have a quality DL with depth, don't know if we need a DE later. Throw in a RT in round 3 and we're on our way.

Again Troup is going to be a guy that this franchise is likely to be eying to man the middle in the long temr. In terms of Kyle at DE, it's an interesting thought then we'd better find a NT in UFA instead of the draft. There's a few names that might be out there, the biggest name being Aubrayo Franklin unless the 49ers franchise him for the 3rd straight year.

quinn is not the guy to pick top five...if he would have played this year then yes.

I'm going overboard here, but this will be a great draft for LB's, especially if you don't just pick 3-4 OLB's. Good year to build a defense!

1-Marcell Dareus DE34 Alabama

2-Martez Wilson ILB Illinois

3-Wayne Daniels OLB34 TCU

4-Sione Fua DT34 Stanford or Andre Branch OLB34 Clemson

4-Casey Matthews ILB Oregon

5-Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada

6-Joseph Barksdale OT LSU

7-Coby Fleener TE Stanford

5-

I like this mock better. As I stated before, I'd really like for Dareus and Wilson to be our first two picks. Instant impact players in my opinion.

I have to agree with Jokeman. Quinn is very talented. Don't let his suspension preclude him from consideration. After watching his highlights, I like how he pursues down the line on run plays. That was a quality Bruce Smith had that helps your run defense when the offense has to worry about blocking the backside. His main talent is rushing the passer of course, which this team needs badly.

I like your choices. A lot.

However, I think we have 1.5 QB's when we usually go to camp with 4.

I'll be keeping DraftTek's Positional Need for QB at P6 (pretty low) and wait for Andrew Luck or Matt Barkley.

Nice draft! Good to see the focus on big players.

There doesn't seem to be much of a chance of Courtney Upshaw declaring for the draft, right? If he does declare, where do you think he will be selected?

The guy is a monster, a perfect fit for the Bills.

DE's aren't highlight players in a 34 but without them OLBs can't do jack. Besides with Sam Acho in the third and Cliff Matthews in the 6th, Merriman and Moats we will be all set. Can't run or stop the run with out the big dogs up front.

Devito for Jets, Aarron Smith for Pitt before he got hurt don't remember Greenbay :P

LOL. Tell that to Bruce Smith.

Again Troup is going to be a guy that this franchise is likely to be eying to man the middle in the long temr. In terms of Kyle at DE, it's an interesting thought then we'd better find a NT in UFA instead of the draft. There's a few names that might be out there, the biggest name being Aubrayo Franklin unless the 49ers franchise him for the 3rd straight year.

I guess I didn't see as much of Troup down the stretch as I though I would. Maybe I missed something, but it seemd he got less PT as the season went on. Maybe he'll hit the ground running in the off season, but it looked ot me like Chan/Edwards took his reps down as the season went on. I didn't see that as a good sign.

Maybe a rotational guy will get picked up while Troup matures, and I agree FA is a better place to get that player, but I don't think we'll be getting the top player available at any position this off season.

quinn is not the guy to pick top five...if he would have played this year then yes.

Maybe - maybe not. I don't know the circumstances of his suspension or if he has any history, so I'll let OBD take care of that. If he's worked hard in the weight room and/or training during his suspension and puts up good numbers at the combine or his pro day, he could get himself drafted higher. I know what you're saying that he is a risk, one that Buddy seems averse to, that's why I would like it to work out in our favor because I believe we could use a dynamic player at OLB with this 3-4. For example, I would like to get Kelsay off the field with a first round pick rather than getting Edwards or Carrington at DE off the field with that pick.

Mark it down.

The Bills will either sign Chad Pennington in the offseason and go into next year with Fitzpatrick, Pennington and Brown as our QBs.

OR

The Bills will draft Christian Ponder in the 3rd round and go into next year with Fitzpatrick, Ponder and Brown as our QBs.

Mark it down.

The Bills will either sign Chad Pennington in the offseason and go into next year with Fitzpatrick, Pennington and Brown as our QBs.

OR

The Bills will draft Christian Ponder in the 3rd round and go into next year with Fitzpatrick, Ponder and Brown as our QBs.

Is Chad Pennington still alive?

Try the other Miami backup instead, Tyler Thigpen is a FA, and has much more potential than aBrohmination.

Nice draft! Good to see the focus on big players.

There doesn't seem to be much of a chance of Courtney Upshaw declaring for the draft, right? If he does declare, where do you think he will be selected?

The guy is a monster, a perfect fit for the Bills.

i liked upshaw also him and hightower ,who was dinged this year, next year both are likely high picks upshaw carried 2nd rd grade hightower 4th, go tide! :worthy:

I'm going overboard here, but this will be a great draft for LB's, especially if you don't just pick 3-4 OLB's. Good year to build a defense!

1-Marcell Dareus DE34 Alabama

2-Martez Wilson ILB Illinois

3-Wayne Daniels OLB34 TCU

4-Sione Fua DT34 Stanford or Andre Branch OLB34 Clemson

4-Casey Matthews ILB Oregon

5-Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada

6-Joseph Barksdale OT LSU

7-Coby Fleener TE Stanford

5-

Now thats what i want to see! If we wait until the 4th round to address the lb position, we will be the same as last year on defense. We must draft multiple LB's this year, and preferably early, so they can come in and actually play...