AJ Green is available when the Bills Pick....

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's obvious to me after watching the Jets handle them, that the Patriots need a major talent upgrade at WR. If AJ Green is there at #3 and the PATS offer you #17 and #32 would you make the deal?

Only if the pats lets us give them our 2nd and third pick as well.

It's obvious to me after watching the Jets handle them, that the Patriots need a major talent upgrade at WR. If AJ Green is there at #3 and the PATS offer you #17 and #32 would you make the deal?

For the Pats* to move up to grab Green, they will have to give up a lot by value chart. I would not cut them a deal. Now let me ask you something in reverse - if the Pats* offered their first or second for Evans, would you trade him ?

That is a nice spot to sit at. Cinci will almost certainly grab him. If he's as good as advertised, then some team should really want to jump up to get him.

You've got to figure, we'll be giving up on a prospect like Asamuhga? in Oakland, or Revis in NY, in Patrick Peterson. We'll be giving up on the chance to land a guaranteed superstar at a number of positions. That kind of risk, for us (especially given how poorly we've drafted in the top two rounds over the last decade) should mean that whatever we get in return is better than what we're willing to risk. What does that equal? 17, 33, and, say, a third? I think I'd take it. We'd still land real starter talent at 17, whether it be an OLB, QB, or DE. YOu can say the same for picks 33 and 35. Then, with our thirds and fourths, we would hope to land the BPA types that are capable of coming in and helping, or we use them to trade back for a slipping star.

I would make a deal. I do not think that Green helps the Bills beat the Jets. I don't know that he would help the Pats against the Jets either. The Jet's corners mostly shut down the vertical game unless the ball is perfectly thrown. The way to win against the Jets is with your Tight Ends. The Bills are lacking there. The Pats have the tight ends but Hernandez was limited against the Jets and Gronkowski and Brady miscommunicated during several key moments in the Jets game. Green is a very slight guy and I think he would have a tough go against Revis.

As most successful teams do, I imagine the Pats will use their pick to solidify the defensive front 7. That unit had the toughest time against the Jets IMO. They couldn't get to Sanchez at all. Their receivers could use an upgrade, but they can likely fix that in the later rounds. I can't imagine the Pats are shaking in their boots to get Green and I can't imagine them "trading up" with two 1st round picks already. The only skill position player I could see them drafting in the 1st round is a RB like Ingram.

Trading up ain't exactly the Pats style. The last time they traded up that I can remember was for Chad Jackson in the 2nd rd and that didn't exactly work out for them so well. They're typically content to stay put and stick to their draft board. I don't see that changing.

Trading up ain't exactly the Pats style. The last time they traded up that I can remember was for Chad Jackson in the 2nd rd and that didn't exactly work out for them so well. They're typically content to stay put and stick to their draft board. I don't see that changing.

If/When a rookie wage scale is in place in a new CBA, I think you'll see teams be much more willing to trade up into the top ten slots.

first off, no id never make a deal with the devil.

that being said, the Pats* would have to come up with a LOT more than #17 and #32 in order to get #3. at least another 2nd round pick, and probably a pick in 2012.

and that isnt even giving them the Divisional Rival "Discount" where i would demand at least 5 picks from them in order to even think about it.

I think the answer to this may lie in who else is available. We'd have to assume that Fairley is off the board if Green is available. Is Bowers a true top three talent? Our corners are not excellent, but Secondary has been the least of our concerns, so defensive front is the best call in the draft in the top 10 picks, IMHO. I would, as posted previously, still require increased compensation over 17 and 32, but it may be a necessary evil to deal with the Pats if they can provide a package that gives us some strong first round talent this year in addition to a 2nd and a 2nd or 3rd in 2012. It's all heresay regardless, because I do see the Pats sticking where they are and, again as previously posted, beefing up that front 7.

If/When a rookie wage scale is in place in a new CBA, I think you'll see teams be much more willing to trade up into the top ten slots.

Probably... but I still say they stick to their board. I don't know that another team does a better job of developing the players they acquire and they would prefer to have 8 or 9 guys that are good to great prospects that they think can fit their need, than one POTENTIAL superstar WR (that will prob take at least one season to develop) and 2 or 3 less promising prospects. I think making a move like this would also be akin to admitting that they made a serious mistake by trading Moss and I don't think Bilichick wants to be thought of as being wrong in such a transparent way.

Of course I would. But you are dreaming. The Pats would most likley offer the #32 and their 7th round pick in 2014 or some arrogant crap like that, since they think they are the smartest team in the NFL.

And if they were so desperate for a major talent at WR, maybe someone who could have stretched the field during that God-awful 7 minute drive in the 4th quarter that produced zero points, why on earth didn't they simply hold onto Moss all year??? :doh::nana: