Shawne Marrieman

I believe that until there is a new CBA that teams cannot sign free agents in the off season this year, making all of this a moot point. The only activity left under this CBA is the college draft...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People may kill people, but guns sure do help. All these idiots that hold up 7 elevens and banks with automatic weapons wouldn't hold it up with a pocket knife and their own fists. Give them a gun though, they will hold up anything.

But this is getting way off topic.

The guy who shot the congresswoman and holding up a 7-11 are two very different crimes. the murderer could have driven his SUV into the crowd at the supermarket even without a bomb in it and killed as many or more people. Perhaps we need to think about how we let criminally insane people walk the streets (Thank you ACLU) or the kinds of programming and video games our children and teens are bombarded with. I am constantly appalled at the way firearms are misused in such media. If you want to repeal the second ammendment over the violence I would suggest to you that the first amendment would have the greater impact.

The guy who shot the congresswoman and holding up a 7-11 are two very different crimes. the murderer could have driven his SUV into the crowd at the supermarket even without a bomb in it and killed as many or more people. Perhaps we need to think about how we let criminally insane people walk the streets (Thank you ACLU) or the kinds of programming and video games our children and teens are bombarded with. I am constantly appalled at the way firearms are misused in such media. If you want to repeal the second ammendment over the violence I would suggest to you that the first amendment would have the greater impact.

Way way off topic but how about ppl do some parenting and teach their kids right from wrong. Freedom of speech is the thing imo that makes america the best country in the world and you want to repeal that?! I know a lot of dumb things are said on this board but I nominate this as the dumbest post ever!

Crazy people in NY can buy two 10-round clips like they buy a loaf of bread. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Fixed it for ya unless I missed a law change that says I can have a bigger then 10 round clip that's not preban

Well, we DID just sign Shawn Merrimen to a 2 year extension who this thread is about and who many said would never re-sign with Buffalo. And it's been said that's what he thought at first..........hmmm, leads me to believe anything is possible.

I bet we were willing to waste the most money on a guy who most likely can't even play football anymore.

(I sure hope he gets back to his previous form though)

I'm sure Merriman was simply sharing his happiness about signing with Buffalo, not contacting other teams' players about coming to Buffalo. That's still a no no under league rules.

Players talk all the time, there is no way to regulate that and I am not even sure it is a violation under league rules unless they can prove that the team put the player up to it.

I would bring in Buress if we didnt have a crap load of WRs already. The only reason the guy is still in jail is because it happened in NY. If he would of shot himself in the thigh in Texas they would have just laughed at him.

Was going to post the exact comment about Nevada Where I currently Live.

I highly doubt we'll sign anyone noteworthy. We simply aren't a desirable team/location to play for.

Stop with this inferiority complex. Pay players. Some will come. Bills don't try to sign many "big name" players.

The ones they do try to sign are lower tiered. Lower tiered guys get more offers. Everybody tries to get those

types of players because they are the bread and butter of the league. The Bills get their share of those players.

Big name, star players are courted by a fewer teams. Bills don't put themselves in that ring usually. So the whole

team/location thing is a red herring. If the Bills chose to show the bigger name players the money they could

get their share of them too.

Edited by purple haze

Stop with this inferiority complex. Pay players. Some will come. Bills don't try to sign many "big name" players.

The ones they do try to sign are lower level. Lower level guys get more offers. Everybody tries to get those

types of players because they're the bread and butter of the league. The Bills get their share of those players.

Big name, star players are courted by a fewer teams. Bills don't put themselves in that ring usually. So the whole

team/location thing is a red herring. If the Bills chose to show the bigger name players the money they could

get their share of them too.

It's not a complex, its the truth.

Players will go for one of two things... money or a successful franchise.

We can't run with the big boys in the money game. We'd have to outbid other teams by a mile for big names to come here. If we offer the same money as a team that is either in a better location or is a better team, the player will choose to go there. This is why we basically tend to over pay mediocre players to come here, because that's all we can get.

We need to turn some of our young guys into good guys, and we need to win games in order to attract players. I doubt this off season will be very successful, but hopefully we win some games next year and we can build on that.

One thing I like about merriman is that he seems pretty down to earth and honest during radio interviews. Let's face it, because buffalo is a smaller market and not a very sexy city incentive for a decent free agent to come here doesn't exist. It doesn't help that we have a losing team. Merriman may serve as an ice breaker for free agents especially if we have a winning season next year.

But money talks. The excuse of Buffalo being a small market that no one wants to go to is the same excuse Ralph Wilosn and Larry Quinn use when they leave the offseason with only Dwan Edwards and Jordan Leopold (despite his good season).

And falling off buildings doesn't kill people either, it's the abrupt stop.

PTR

But if we follow your logic of "blame the inanimate object with the capacity to kill" then we should level all the buildings and lower all the bridges (ie. take the gun away) so the person who decides to jump off won't be hurt.

No thanks, I'd rather focus on the reality of why someone would decide to do such a terrible thing and try to prevent that decision from being made.