Shawne Marrieman

Merriman retweeted a post a little over an hour ago from a guy saying something along the lines of "Shawne get some free agents to come to Buffalo". Shawne replied "they are coming". Know something? He didn't say he'd try or that they will work hard to do so. Just seemed like an odd comment in that he might have already talked to some of his close friends and got some buy in. Doubt it but hey it's the offseason for us....

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Merriman retweeted a post a little over an hour ago from a guy saying something along the lines of "Shawne get some free agents to come to Buffalo". Shawne replied "they are coming". Know something? He didn't say he'd try or that they will work hard to do so. Just seemed like an odd comment in that he might have already talked to some of his close friends and got some buy in. Doubt it but hey it's the offseason for us....

He said something similar on a radio interview not too long ago. Hosts asked "are you going to talk to some free agents about coming to Buffalo?"

His response was something like "what makes you think I haven't already?"

He said something similar on a radio interview not too long ago. Hosts asked "are you going to talk to some free agents about coming to Buffalo?"

His response was something like "what makes you think I haven't already?"

Let's assume he's referring to San Diego Chargers only that gives us a choice of: http://walterfootball.com/freeagentscontractssd.php After reviewing this list I'm wondering if we could get Brandon Siler & Randy McMichael. We could use a veteran TE with proven pass catching experience and with 387 catches and 4217 yards and 24 tds McMichael would fit the "Bill" the next 2 seasons. Siler plays backup Inside Linebacker and is the Chargers long snapper so he is highly versatile.

Edited by BiggieScooby

If Plaxico passes a physical and wants to come in and try out I would have no problem with that. I actually feel sorry for the guy.

i wouldn't have a problem with him trying out...as long as the guy stays on the straight narrow which he will have to per his parole officer. i would not want any of our wr's cut and I think we have a decent corps so I dont think it would be a benefit to bring him in.

I would bring in Buress if we didnt have a crap load of WRs already. The only reason the guy is still in jail is because it happened in NY. If he would of shot himself in the thigh in Texas they would have just laughed at him.

You maybe right, I remembered him as a top 5 to 10 wr in the league, maybe it was NY hype because the stats say otherwise. Some good years in there but he is now 33. He may come out of jail super hungry and willing to go through brick walls or something so you never know.

http://www.nfl.com/players/plaxicoburress/profile?id=BUR595691

IVE been trying to figure some names since he first said it,,im looking at players that he associates with off field like his football camps ,anyone have other ideas of how to connect the dots? ,,im getting real curious in light of his statement and AJ smith admitting in a post season interview he exspects to lose players this off season,, SILER?

I would bring in Buress if we didnt have a crap load of WRs already. The only reason the guy is still in jail is because it happened in NY. If he would of shot himself in the thigh in Texas they would have just laughed at him.

When you cross the Texas border, they will search your auto for guns.

If they find some, they will let you in.

Unless it was Austin.

prob plaxico and mike vick and these boards will go nuts...

haha, this made me laugh.

The best case scenario I suppose is that Buddy assured him that the Bills would be proactive in FA this off-season. This may have been a sticking point for him to sign here. Or not. Just is kind of weird that he's saying this out of the blue w/ no substantial evidence to suggest otherwise.

Imagine this, Ralph is willing to open his checkbook big time this offseason and.......there will be no CBA and FA is all but Kaput. Welcome to the life of a Bills fan :doh:

The best case scenario I suppose is that Buddy assured him that the Bills would be proactive in FA this off-season. This may have been a sticking point for him to sign here. Or not. Just is kind of weird that he's saying this out of the blue w/ no substantial evidence to suggest otherwise.

Imagine this, Ralph is willing to open his checkbook big time this offseason and.......there will be no CBA and FA is all but Kaput. Welcome to the life of a Bills fan :doh:

I think that both the scenarios you offer are very plausible.

haha, this made me laugh.

Man, I really hope a new CBA is in place by march. Otherwise it is just really going to be a downer in the offseason. Even though we don't make much noise anyway in the offseason.

One thing I like about merriman is that he seems pretty down to earth and honest during radio interviews. Let's face it, because buffalo is a smaller market and not a very sexy city incentive for a decent free agent to come here doesn't exist. It doesn't help that we have a losing team. Merriman may serve as an ice breaker for free agents especially if we have a winning season next year.

When you cross the Texas border, they will search your auto for guns.

If they find some, they will let you in.

Unless it was Austin.

Crazy people in Tuscon can buy 30-round clips like they buy a loaf of bread. What makes Plax such a criminal?

PTR