Rex is crazy -- like a fox

God knows I have no love at all for the Jets and that carries over to Rex Ryan, but I thought he did an interesting thing yesterday. He came out with the "It's me against Billy B and it's personal" speech to the media. While at first glace it looks real stupid and Belichick responded appropriately, I think he's being smart. He is pulling that media attention to himself and not to his team. He's letting the team get ready without the press going after them. He takes the heat instead of his players. I am willing to bet he also told his team to shut-up this week and let me take the heat. That remains to be seen.

He may not be quite a dumb as I've given him credit for. Just a thought.

God knows I have no love at all for the Jets and that carries over to Rex Ryan, but I thought he did an interesting thing yesterday. He came out with the "It's me against Billy B and it's personal" speech to the media. While at first glace it looks real stupid and Belichick responded appropriately, I think he's being smart. He is pulling that media attention to himself and not to his team. He's letting the team get ready without the press going after them. He takes the heat instead of his players. I am willing to bet he also told his team to shut-up this week and let me take the heat. That remains to be seen.

it's so painfully transparent though. especially since it's a re-run. didn't dude say the same thing about peyton last week?

he is a lot of things, but he isn't dumb. You don't get to the playoffs and well into this playoffs by being dumb or by having low expectations. I wish the Bills would take notice and act accordingly.

Other teams have improved, without their coach acting like a giant douche...it can be done...

Belichick and the Pats are immune to this. I agree that what Rex is doing is calculated and I don't think it's dumb per se. But he's barking up the wrong tree this time. The team with the better coaches and better players is going to win the game. I'd like to see another 45-3 butt whipping, myself.

Rex is making a mistake calling himself and Billy B out with the me vs him mentality. Dumb move to motivate the hoodie and Brady even more. We all know this fires them up even though publicly they show little emotion. I would love to the cheatriots run up the score on them. This gives the Patriots an ever better edge going into the game.

Rex is making a mistake calling himself and Billy B out with the me vs him mentality. Dumb move to motivate the hoodie and Brady even more. We all know this fires them up even though publicly they show little emotion. I would love to the cheatriots run up the score on them. This gives the Patriots an ever better edge going into the game.

I bet this means nothing to the pats. They assume they are going to destroy the Jets and a little barking by a guy who's team got their collective dick handed to them last meeting is likely viewed as predictable and not even amusing.

I bet this means nothing to the pats. They assume they are going to destroy the Jets and a little barking by a guy who's team got their collective dick handed to them last meeting is likely viewed as predictable and not even amusing.

I think your right in that it won't affect the Pats, but I'm not so sure about a butt kicking occurring. Unfortunately everything has seemed to fall just right for the stupid J-E-T-S this year. They have pulled a number of games out of the butt hole at the end of the 4th Q. I fear they may do that again. I think the defense is still tough and Tom "Justin Bieber hair" Brady will have a tough go of it. The winning team won't score more than 20 points.

I think your right in that it won't affect the Pats, but I'm not so sure about a butt kicking occurring. Unfortunately everything has seemed to fall just right for the stupid J-E-T-S this year. They have pulled a number of games out of the butt hole at the end of the 4th Q. I fear they may do that again. I think the defense is still tough and Tom "Justin Bieber hair" Brady will have a tough go of it. The winning team won't score more than 20 points.

Can't disagree more. The Colts were a hurting team offensively when they played the Jets and they still scored 16 points. The Patriots are playing at home and have many more weapons. Also, whats the weather forecast looking like? NE is great in the snow, whereas Sancheez blows.

If the Pats* get out to a 10 or 14 pt lead, there won't much that the Jets can do. Their offense is too 1 dimensional. They won't trust Sancheez to throw the ball against a Belicheat* defense so they will be forced to run and throw short passes which ultimately will lose them the game.

The Jets have 1 or maybe 2 more good years. Sancheez is good for a clutch play or too, but the defense carried that team. I think in a few years, the Jets will be looking to replace Sancheez.

Patriots* by 17

Edited by saundena

Clearly that's what he's doing. But perversely if it really were purely Rex's coaching vs Bill's, Pats would cream them by even more than last time. The only thing Jets have is a lot of talent from decent drafting and FA spending sprees.

I can't stand the jets but Rex does make me laugh. While that may be exactly what he is doing it could backfire badly if he is out coached and embarrassed on national t.v. again.

He was kind of funny at first, but now his act is just kind of tired and old...

Does "Bulletin board material" really do anything to anyone playing a pro football game? It's the playoffs against a division rival, I'm always amazed when the sports media makes a big deal out of a CB saying "I'm going to take that WR out of the game." Is that really what pushes you into actually giving a crap?

Does "Bulletin board material" really do anything to anyone playing a pro football game? It's the playoffs against a division rival, I'm always amazed when the sports media makes a big deal out of a CB saying "I'm going to take that WR out of the game." Is that really what pushes you into actually giving a crap?

No..bulletin board material doesn't. What does is than thing where the clock runs out and you have more points than the other team. Ryan is pretty good at doing that. What does is drafting wisely. Ryan has done well with that. What does is getting your team focused and confident. Ryan does that.

the guy is a total blow hard.even jason taylor said his mouth writes checks they have to cash. he is a total jerk IMO

Never looked at that way. I was getting tired of his bravado even though I have liked before. To me he really showed his intelligence by hardly blitzing Manning, I thought he would just try to blitz because that's what they do.

oh...and the bills are doing that?

Obviously, the Bills aren't doing that, Tenny...that is why I said "other teams". I don't have any objection to a coach having a little fun, just as I don't mind it when the players do it, after all, it is a game...but Rex just loves to hear himself talk...and he is just one of those guys, I am willing to bet, that is never going to get it done...his faith in his team has gone from commendable, to being just stupid and arrogant...I see bad things happening to the Jets on Sunday. If I am right, and the Pats embarrass the Jets, Ryans persona will, forever, be the "big mouth, toe sucking, a-hole"...and next year, that is all he, or his players, will hear about...he seems to have a need to make himself the story every week. His humour would be funny, if it made me laugh...he is fast becoming, IMO, sort of a caricature of himself, kind of like Brett Favre the last few years...he comes off as insincere, and like an attention seeking whore. If Rex had won anything, other than a playoff spot (which is a good feat, I recognize, as my team sits at home again), but why not just have a shred of dignity?

I want to travel back in time to when Jets fans invented the chant. I can see it now:

"Our team needs inspiration, how do we cheer them on?"

"I know! Let's inspire them by giving our players a spelling lesson. Let's spell JETS, then just in case they forgot the lesson we'll repeat what we spelled 3 times afterward!"

Good thinking

Cromartie fans the flames.

I feel a jests ass whippin coming

Cromartie, in his first year with the Jets after four years with the Chargers, backed up Ryan Tuesday when he was asked by the Daily News if he's ever seen Brady pointing after the Patriots score.

"We see that a lot. He does it a lot,"

Yes, a lot--4 times in their last meeting, in fact.

Cromartie will get lit up like my dying Xmas tree. Brady is going to torture him like every other QB in the league does.

Cromartie, in his first year with the Jets after four years with the Chargers, backed up Ryan Tuesday when he was asked by the Daily News if he's ever seen Brady pointing after the Patriots score.

"We see that a lot. He does it a lot,"

Yes, a lot--4 times in their last meeting, in fact.

Cromartie will get lit up like my dying Xmas tree. Brady is going to torture him like every other QB in the league does.

I may have been unclear in the direction of the ass whippin in my post...the jests are gonna be the recipients IMO, agree with you on this one.

Never looked at that way. I was getting tired of his bravado even though I have liked before. To me he really showed his intelligence by hardly blitzing Manning, I thought he would just try to blitz because that's what they do.

Frankly, what puzzled me a lot more (because Peyton knows how to read a blitz and will make you regret it) is why that genius gregg didn't blitz Hasselback, especially in the second half after it was clear that his gameplan was not working. Where was A. Hargrove?

As for Rex, he is one of the best DCs in the game and has been successful as a HC. So he isn't dumb. Personally I like the entertainment value. Hes the Ocho Cinco of head coaches. Not a bad guy and a lot more fun than BB.

I hope the Jets beat the Pats, Tom and BB. This will not be a 45-3 blowout. If Sanchez can put 60 good minutes of football together, I expect a close game. That is perhaps unlikely but far from impossible. It is part and parcel of being inconsistent that you are good sometimes. If the Pats jump out to an early lead and Sanchez is not productive, they should put GF in. He is still pretty mobile, is very accurate and I think still has an arm.