Mularkey Bails On Denver HC Interview

Why would MM want to step into that hellhole that is the Broncos organization?

One simple reason would be money. It would easily double, probably triple or quadrouple his current salary. Of course there are always trade-offs and the good thing he has going with the dirty birds.

when Elway basically said Tebows the guy, I think that scared Mularkey away, thinking he was looking at another situation where FO tied his hands

The FO didn't even know his first name. :unsure:

He would have been essentially going in to the franchise handcuffed to a complete unknown. No one can blame him, Tebow your QB, a new "czar" that was a superstar player and a frustrated fanbase? He has to make Elway happy, has to make Tebow succeed, and has to subdue the fans. Miss out on one and you're failing all. The fans wouldn't let you disobey Elway, they also want to win and will trust him for that and know that Tebow is a winner.

Mularky was smart to do this.

Wait... I'm confused. I thought the Bills was the only franchise so terrible that people declined interviews to be HC? What does this mean? what does this mean?

denver must really suck if they're being rejected by our sloppy seconds.

Nice for some perspective to sink in now. Last year many were saying the Bills were a horrible organization and now the Broncos have some people refuse to interview. Yes Mike Mularkey does not want to be their coach. Or Greg Williams and they will reportedly interview Perry Fewell. I thought the Bills just find horrible people to coach yet it is amazing coaches for the Bills are actually pretty highly regarded in the league. Miami has a HC and went and interviewed J Harbaugh who has never coached in the pro game as a HC EVER. So both the Dolphins and Denver have people refuse them and the national media does not seem to blast them as much as B'lo last year.