Bo Scaife is pissed

Here's an article detailing Scaife's feelings about the Titans. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/04/bo-scaife-leaves-titans-with-ill-will/

Looks like he is as good as gone. He can't be franchised again, so he's a free agent, at the very least. Be nice to a have a real tight end in town if his price tag doesn't go through the roof. I'd give him a good chunk of what Whitner wants or what Stroud currently pulls. What do you guys think?

Not saying Bo Scaife is an awful tight end, but I was under the impression, he is mostly a Vince Young creation...former college teammates. I can't find it now, but I remember reading somewhere, maybe last season when Scaife was frnachised, where most of his production came when VY was starting...he disappered without...the inference was that Scaife was franchised as a show of faith to VY, rather than that he was deemed irreplaceable.

I would bet, if Fisher leaves, Scaife stays...he has been VY's security blanket...

Edited by Buftex

Not saying Bo Scaife is an awful tight end, but I was under the impression, he is mostly a Vince Young creation...former college teammates. I can't find it now, but I remember reading somewhere, maybe last season when Scaife was frnachised, where most of his production came when VY was starting...he disappered without...the inference was that Scaife was franchised as a show of faith to VY, rather than that he was deemed irreplaceable.

I would bet, if Fisher leaves, Scaife stays...he has been VY's security blanket...

if he has been vy's security blanket what is the issue? the guy hasn't been an elite tight end but he would be the #1 here and would give our qb another weapon. the guy makes 40-60 receptions and around 500 yards a year which is more than any of our tight ends have done in a while. scaife isn't gonna get vernon davis money or put up those numbers but he would be our best tight end and eliminate a need in the draft.

Here's an article detailing Scaife's feelings about the Titans. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/04/bo-scaife-leaves-titans-with-ill-will/

Looks like he is as good as gone. He can't be franchised again, so he's a free agent, at the very least. Be nice to a have a real tight end in town if his price tag doesn't go through the roof. I'd give him a good chunk of what Whitner wants or what Stroud currently pulls. What do you guys think?

He is one of the guys I would like to see us go after, mentioned it in a previous thread. :thumbsup:

Ah, yes... the TE version of Donte Whitner. They both think a lot of themselves, but on the gridiron, neither has done much, if anything. And neither is a big playmaker.

And, franchising Scaife? WTF were the Titans thinking? I have a mental image of the top 10 -12 TEs in the NFL. You know what, I never gave Scaife a thought. He just didn't strike me as a Tony Gonzales, Dallas Clark, Marcedes Lewis, Antonio Gates type.

That said, The Bills will sign him and pay more for him than he's worth. We will all now be able to move on and forget Robert Royal.

Buffalo needs a TE more than most teams, so buffalo would probably offer him a good chunk of money other teams wouldn't.... that is if buffalo wants him.

Money isn't everything. Some players would rather go to teams where they might catch a few balls.

It only will pay to get a tight end if we are going to use him for other than a blocker. I'm not sure it's the tight ends we have (although no one confuses Schulmann with Tony Gonzalez). but the scheme we run.

quick question -- does anyone think Scott Chandler could be our future starting tight end?

quick question -- does anyone think Scott Chandler could be our future starting tight end?

Hell yeah... there's a bunch that think he will. But, I ain't one of them. I would rather the Bills insert a tackle at the TE position.

Is Buffalo the only city that has this $$$$$$$$$?

Nope...but in this business the trick is to offer more $$$$ snd point out that he would probably be the premier receiver and have Chan meet with him and let him know he will be a major role player in reshaping the offense, and point out how we have addressed the O-line issues in free agency and the draft and we expect him to be in the pro-bowl when he comes here. It ain't rocket surgery