Bo Scaife is pissed

What? And give up on the maturation of our herd of TE's? Scaife would be a huge upgrade and if he's affordable, go get him.

This guy was franchised two straight years so he was earning the average of Top 5 TE money, if I understand the rules correctly. I can only assume he's looking for a big raise with a long term deal. Does "affordable" mean "top paid NFL TE?"

PTR

if he has been vy's security blanket what is the issue? the guy hasn't been an elite tight end but he would be the #1 here and would give our qb another weapon. the guy makes 40-60 receptions and around 500 yards a year which is more than any of our tight ends have done in a while. scaife isn't gonna get vernon davis money or put up those numbers but he would be our best tight end and eliminate a need in the draft.

I don't think Bo Scaiffe is an elite tight end, and I don't think many would think that. True, he may be better than anyone the Bills currently have, but who knows how well Scaiffe would do in Buffalo? What I was getting at, originally, Scaiffe seems to be "elite" only when he is running with VY, not so much other Titan QB's. Scaiffe's 40-60 cathces and 500 yards a year might translate to 25 cathces for 300 yards in Buffalo. I like Scaiffe, but I don't think his value to the Bills would be in line with what he is likely going to want to get paid.

It has been years since the Bills have had a productive tight end, who catches passes. It has also been about the same amount of time that the Bills have had good blocking up front.

Edited by Buftex

Here's an article detailing Scaife's feelings about the Titans. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/04/bo-scaife-leaves-titans-with-ill-will/

Looks like he is as good as gone. He can't be franchised again, so he's a free agent, at the very least. Be nice to a have a real tight end in town if his price tag doesn't go through the roof. I'd give him a good chunk of what Whitner wants or what Stroud currently pulls. What do you guys think?

He's got good hands; not sure about his blocking skills. He's better than any of our current tight ends. I'd sign him to a 4-year deal. He is 29 yrs old so he's probably at his peak right now.