BILLS TAKING CB @ #3?

ALLEN1QB

For what it is worth , one of the draft guru's said he had the highest grade of any cb in years.

Thats like a salesman telling you "This is the best Toyota Corolla on the lot."

Bills need to use their great draft position for players who are a liiiiiiitle bit more hard to come by (DT,NT, DE, QB, LT, etc.) than wide receivers who cant catch.

The Bills have a chance to get Peter Luger steak and you people want them to get chopmeat?

CBs are a dime a dozen. Find ANY clown who can run fast and you can make him a CB. Teams have won Super Bowls with lousy backfields. Good luck even making the playoffs with a lousy front seven.

I agree duplicate what the Patriots do...They dont overppay for anyone, they get value..Build off/Def lines skill players are always around..

So with the 3rd highest pick, the Bills take the second best CB in the draft? Makes perfect sense to me. This April it will have been 3 entire years since we last used a 1st round pick on a CB.

Many fans in Houston said something similar back in 2003 when the Texans took Andre Johnson with the #3 overall pick, one pick after the Lions drafted a "can't miss" WR from Michigan State named Charles Rogers.

Look, I think they need to go after some big men (both OL and DL) before they do anything else, but if they honestly have this kid ranked as their top NFL player, they shouldn't by-pass him.

I simply refuse to believe this is a possibility.

Why? Bills need elite players pretty much everywhere. They have an okay secondary not a great one. And Florence is a FA. Youbody is a FA. Corner is a nickel CB not a starter. McGee has been banged up the past couple seasons. So a CB will probably be taken in this draft. Why not an elite one? If there is an actual FA period this year the Bills could address the front 7 during that time. It would free them up to use that #3 pick in a variety of ways. I prefer a DL/OLB at #3. But if they took a Peterson or Amukamara I wouldn't be terribly upset. They could probably trade down three or four spots and still get Amukamara.

I agree duplicate what the Patriots do...They dont overppay for anyone, they get value..Build off/Def lines skill players are always around..

I wouldn't say skill players are always around, but building the lines would be good. But that doesn't have to come at the top of the draft.

Edited by purple haze

First off, no announcer--from any game that was played this weekend--is going to have a clue who the Bills would be interested in with their #1 pick 3-1/2 months from now.

Secondly, the #3 overall pick will command a signing bonus upwards of $30 million. Now, everyone that thinks the Bills are going to pay that amount of money to a CB, please raise your hand...

Watching one of the games yesterday the announcer said that the Bills were very interested in Amukamara with their first pick. I hope this is a bunch of BS. Without a good line whats the point of drafting a corner? You give any QB enough time he will find an open receiver.

Cornerbacks don't stop the run . . .

First off, no announcer--from any game that was played this weekend--is going to have a clue who the Bills would be interested in with their #1 pick 3-1/2 months from now.

Secondly, the #3 overall pick will command a signing bonus upwards of $30 million. Now, everyone that thinks the Bills are going to pay that amount of money to a CB, please raise your hand...

any player taken at #3 is going to command that salary and bonus unless a rookie cap is established. with the lack of production from our first rounders the past few years (except wood) I would not be opposed to a db with our first pick so long as he played every down and looked like revis, haden or the guy in oakland. if the guy turns out to be a stud then i am all for it. i think our staff also has to take into account troupe and carrington developing into more productive starters next year.

The Bills have a chance to get Peter Luger steak and you people want them to get chopmeat?

CBs are a dime a dozen. Find ANY clown who can run fast and you can make him a CB. Teams have won Super Bowls with lousy backfields. Good luck even making the playoffs with a lousy front seven.

Mmmm!! Peter Luger!!!

Unfortunately, you might be wrong. One of the top CBs could possibly be the next Revis or Ashoughma (however the hell you spell it). They are both arguably the best CBs in the league and could be shut down for the next 5-10 years (if we actually keep him after the first contract is over). My point is this. At #3 we should be able to get the nicest piece if steak at just about any position short of Luck at QB.

I'd say let's just get the BPA when we draft. This team needs playmakers at almost every position. The crapshoot of the NFL draft is a complete unknown at just about every position.