Myths Dispelled

Dr. Trooth

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And, Wang can't get on the field with the schmucks they have now? What a waste of a perfectly good 5th round pick.

If I were running the Bills, I would try to trade away whatever assets I could and load up on those sweet "perfectly good 5th round picks". Everyone knows THAT is the money round. :rolleyes:

Johnson may be getting a lot of looks, enough to make him a #1 WR, but top receivers don't drop game winning balls in OT, when the ball was delivered perfectly. When I think #1 WR, I think Jerry Rice. He was CLUTCH! Johnson is nowhere near clutch.

While I dont know if Johnson can be a full year #1, but the one thing I do know is that if you think every #1 has to be as good as the best that has every played then your out of your mind. If that is the bar you set then your delusional beyond belief.

OK I dissagree with

2- I think that the Bills need a RT and that the RG spot is a little shaky. But if the Bills get a impact RT in the draft early I think that the O-line will see a dramatic improvement. Bell is going to be a stud mark my words. The guy is coming off a serious injury and hasn't played much football. Bell will only stand to improve with more experience (Not having played much in college either) and more time removed from injury. The fact that he has improved to a decent to above average NFL LT who has shown very good play at times, after coming off of an injury and a terrible year starting.

5- I think Fitz is a good QB. Not a top tier QB but one that could get it done. He plays around a less then stellar supporting cast and on a defense that makes his play often one dimensional, yet he is doing pretty well. All in all I think that if you look with your eyes you see a good NFL QB. The team responds to him and he increases the level of play on the offense. Any good QB increases the play of his offense. Can he take us to the promise land I don't know but what I wouldn't say he can't at this point.

7- Likely will be a rookie salary cap. I highly doubt Nix will take a lesser player or trade down because Ralph is cheap. New CBA means a change to the rookie salary cap structure. The Bills will take the best player they can get with pick 3.

A few I agree on but I have a different take.

3- Stevie is not a number one but I think he can develop into one. It takes a special type of WR to be the only threat on his team and put up monster numbers. There are only really like 4 or 5 true number ones the rest need quality number 2 WR's.

6- Kyle Williams is a quality NT but Troup is the NT of the future while Williams will likely flex out to DE and only be an NT on pass rushing situations.

Myth #1) The Bills are close.

Who said this? How can it be a Myth if no one believes this.

Myth #2) The Bills are a RT away from a good Oline.

There were games this year the Bills Qualified as a good o-line. If 2/5 of the line is already bona fide as you say, why wouldn't 3/5 bona fide (by you) get them to good?

Myth #3) Steve Johnson is a legitimate #1.

Did you make this stuff up to claim they are myths? Stevie is the best WR on the team, the stat sheet is clear, But there is no LEGIT #1 on the team (hope Easley can be or SJ continues to develop)

Myth #4) George Edwards is an NFL caliber DC.

Edwards has been in the cross hairs of everyone critisizing the D. Oh let me go - Myth#12) CJ spiller is the best RB in the NFL.

Myth #5) Fitzpatrick will lead the Bills to the promised land.

On the "not Marginal 85" Peyton (<85 in 2001,1998) , Eli (Career average=80), Brady(01' to '03 @85), Brees(<80 '02 and '03), Roethlisberger(<81 '06 and '08), Warner (averaging 8 of his 12 seasons you get <85 too) Your Mythbusting is busted here.

Myth #6) Kyle Williams is the answer at NT. "..Jeff Wright was the Bills undersized NT for 4 Bills SB teams.." "..305 lb. nose tackles don't start for SB teams...."

Gotcha

Myth #7) The Bills will get an impact player with the #3 pick.

If this is a known too, why not just give up on this team for ever, they will never get better... It's over boo hoo. Just be a jets fan.

Myth #8) Bills Need a TE. "Why? Do they even throw to them? When was the last time a Bills TE caught a 30 yard pass down the middle?"

Apparently the connection between the assertion and your observation escapes you.

"... tellin it like it is." AH HA now there is a myth!

Myth #1) The Bills are close.

Who said this? How can it be a Myth if no one believes this.

Myth #2) The Bills are a RT away from a good Oline.

There were games this year the Bills Qualified as a good o-line. If 2/5 of the line is already bona fide as you say, why wouldn't 3/5 bona fide (by you) get them to good?

Myth #3) Steve Johnson is a legitimate #1.

Did you make this stuff up to claim they are myths? Stevie is the best WR on the team, the stat sheet is clear, But there is no LEGIT #1 on the team (hope Easley can be or SJ continues to develop)

Myth #4) George Edwards is an NFL caliber DC.

Edwards has been in the cross hairs of everyone critisizing the D. Oh let me go - Myth#12) CJ spiller is the best RB in the NFL.

Myth #5) Fitzpatrick will lead the Bills to the promised land.

On the "not Marginal 85" Peyton (<85 in 2001,1998) , Eli (Career average=80), Brady(01' to '03 @85), Brees(<80 '02 and '03), Roethlisberger(<81 '06 and '08), Warner (averaging 8 of his 12 seasons you get <85 too) Your Mythbusting is busted here.

Myth #6) Kyle Williams is the answer at NT. "..Jeff Wright was the Bills undersized NT for 4 Bills SB teams.." "..305 lb. nose tackles don't start for SB teams...."

Gotcha

Myth #7) The Bills will get an impact player with the #3 pick.

If this is a known too, why not just give up on this team for ever, they will never get better... It's over boo hoo. Just be a jets fan.

Myth #8) Bills Need a TE. "Why? Do they even throw to them? When was the last time a Bills TE caught a 30 yard pass down the middle?"

Apparently the connection between the assertion and your observation escapes you.

"... tellin it like it is." AH HA now there is a myth!

There were enough straw men in his argument to fill a Nebraskan cornfield. But hey, he got to B word some more, so he feels better. <_< I'm sure he's great to have at parties! :rolleyes:

4-12. What else needs to be said?

Johnson may be getting a lot of looks, enough to make him a #1 WR, but top receivers don't drop game winning balls in OT, when the ball was delivered perfectly. When I think #1 WR, I think Jerry Rice. He was CLUTCH! Johnson is nowhere near clutch.

So there was only one #1 WR in NFL history? Because no one measures up to Rice.

Nice work, 20 years.

If I were running the Bills, I would try to trade away whatever assets I could and load up on those sweet "perfectly good 5th round picks". Everyone knows THAT is the money round. :rolleyes:

It's common knowledge that Modrak makes the big bucks because he shines in the later rounds and especially with the UDFA "picks", aka, the Modrak Wheelhouse. :devil:

I'm not really disagreeing with what you said but it is in large part because of Myth 6 that I think the Bills should stick with a 4-3 defense. He is a player at tackle in a 4-3. In a 3-4 defense he is indeed the second coming of Jeff Wright.

Myth #1) The Bills are close. Close to what? They're 4-12, ranked 24th on defense and offense. OK, I suppose you can say they're close. Closer to the number one pick in the draft than the playoffs.

Myth #2) The Bills are a RT away from a good Oline. Levitre and Wood are the only two bona fide NFL starters. Bell is a marginal starter at LT and Hangman is a journeyman center. Without a dominant LT, solid RT, and a guard to compliment Wood and Levitre, don't expect better than 8-8. That's as good as it gets. And, Wang can't get on the field with the schmucks they have now? What a waste of a perfectly good 5th round pick.

Myth #3) Steve Johnson is a legitimate #1. Hey' why so delirious? Lee Evans draws the double coverage, Johnson is the benefactor. When he starts drawing double/triple coverage and puts up numbers, come back and give me hell with guns a blazin.

Myth #4) George Edwards is an NFL caliber DC. Edwards is in way over his head. He's never been an NFL DC. His defense is one of the worst in Bills history. He's taken a collection of bad players and made them look worse than they really are.... if that's even possible. You can put 11 all pros out there and George will still figure a way to give up 200 on the ground. If Ralph insisted Wade fire Ronnie Jones, then Chan's phone must ringing by now.

Myth #5) Fitzpatrick will lead the Bills to the promised land. Only if the promised land is .500. Although Fitz has done an admirable job, and made the players around him better, he's only made an 0-16 team 4-12. He's just not in that Peyton, Eli, Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, Warner class. You wanna make it to the SB or even the playoffs? Unless you have a killer D that scores lots of points, that's what you need.... not a marginal 85 rating QB

Myth #6) Kyle Williams is the answer at NT. You think Kyle Williams really is the Bills answer at NT? Let me ask you this... Jeff Wright was the Bills undersized NT for 4 Bills SB teams. Now, picture Ted Washington playing NT rather than Wright. How many of those SBs do the Bills walk away without a ring? Although Williams might be the Bills best player... on offense or defense... 305 lb. nose tackles don't start for SB teams. Williams probably would be better served playing DE in the 3-4 and having a 345 lb. slob do the dirty work. This team gave up 200 yards on the ground 8 times this season. On second thought, maybe they need two fat slob nose tackles in the middle.

Myth #7) The Bills will get an impact player with the #3 pick. The only impact will be on Ralph's wallet (but that ain't a bad thing). Bills have picked 4, 8, 9 in the last decade. Any of them make an impact? In fact, Mike Williams got cut after three seasons and after this season, Whitner will be the 2nd one gone. Spiller looks more like the second coming of Ronnie Harmon. A #9 pick for a fumbling utility back that can't hold up as a starter over a full season? Prove me wrong CJ, I dare ya.

Myth #8) Bills Need a TE. Why? Do they even throw to them? When was the last time a Bills TE caught a 30 yard pass down the middle? I've got a better idea. How about bringing in an undersized tackle that can block? Hey, he doesn't have to catch passes, just help one of the Bills helpless tackles block their man.

Hey, just keepin it real and tellin it like it is. No bull feces and no sugar plum fairies.

I'm not really disagreeing with what you said but it is in large part because of Myth 6 that I think the Bills should stick with a 4-3 defense. He is a player at tackle in a 4-3. In a 3-4 defense he is indeed the second coming of Jeff Wright.

That's a real indictment against The Plan going into this year. The Bills loaded up on 3-4 guys in the draft and free-agency and ended up giving up on the switch to run a hybrid scheme with the Jauron hold overs and even that unraveled badly. Where do they go from here? Shawne Merriman is a 3-4 OLB, so maybe they are going to stick with the plan? If so, I would expect a serious house cleaning -- the defense wasn't mediocre; it was bad.

There were enough straw men in his argument to fill a Nebraskan cornfield. But hey, he got to B word some more, so he feels better. <_< I'm sure he's great to have at parties! :rolleyes:

Well said SDS, well said. :thumbsup:

4-12. What else needs to be said?

So there was only one #1 WR in NFL history? Because no one measures up to Rice.

Nice work, 20 years.

I use Rice as an example because I am from Northern California and Jerry Rice was a household name. Sorry, I guess my Dad was right when he said that watching the Niners success in the 80's and 90's may have spoiled me as a football fan.

Mix in any good #1 WR on a team instead of Rice, say Vince Jackson, or Brandon Marshall, or Deion Branch, or hell, Andre Reed. They won't drop passes that Stevie has dropped. They are known as being clutch guys. Guys that you can go to when the game is on the line, #1 wide receivers for their teams. Johnson isn't. I like him, but he isn't clutch, he has shown us that. He isn't the #1 receiver for this franchise. Evans still is. Evans has proven himself.

Edited by Kevin

Oh! NOW I get it! You don't mean #1 like a team depth chart, you mean #1 in the history of the position! Ok, then fair point. Stevie is not a #1 in the history of the position WR...I just hadn't realized that was a common "myth". And I Googled and you are right. Jerry Rice was clutch, meaning all of his career drops (2.6 of them) were carefully placed in non-crucial situations, and he never dropped an important ball (small sample size since Rice only played on one or two playoff teams if I remember). He certainly never dropped a deep bomb that would have meant a five win season or anything that important.

Whoops...sorry about that...I had my Sarcasm-Lock key stuck.

Evans still is. Evans has proven himself.

How??????? By running 60 yard fly patterns and occasionally catching one if the throw is perfect and there isn't a defender within 3 yards of him??

Give it a rest on Evans. He is not, and never has been a #1 caliber receiver.

He is an over-paid, barely above-average #2 receiver at best.

You really need a reality check.

The 2010 Bills wouldn't win 10 games if they traded Brady for Fitzpatrick straight up.

Get it straight now 2011 is best case an 8-8 season worst case a 4-12 season.

Get this straight, it was my OPINION! Should I ask you what my OPINION should be before I come to it? After the way they played in the preseason, there were quit a few people who thought this COULD be a 10 win team! You need to get over yourself.

Get this straight, it was my OPINION! Should I ask you what my OPINION should be before I come to it? After the way they played in the preseason, there were quit a few people who thought this COULD be a 10 win team! You need to get over yourself.

There are quite a few people that smoke crack does that mean they should continue to smoke crack without someone trying to show them the error of their ways?

There are quite a few people that smoke crack does that mean they should continue to smoke crack without someone trying to show them the error of their ways?

Who are you to show me anything? You should change your name from Why So Serious to Why So arrogant.