Just watched both coaches press conferences

1billsfan

Rex Ryan -

This isn't a bye week (wink wink, but it really is)

Chan Gailey -

This is going to be a tough fought game against a division opponent (local Buffalo media are an embarrassment for not asking the obvious question of what Chan would do if the Jets pulled their starters).

The Jets and their local media clearly could care less about this game while the Bills and the local media are in la la land treating it like it's going to be played like a real game. This is going to be Colts game v.2 and the Bills will probably try to win a meaningless game playing their starters against the Jets backups. If they do this the Bills should be prepared to be skewered by Bills fans come draft day when all of the elite players are off the board when their turn comes.

hate to say it but i agree as much as I hate the thought of it I want to lose this game it could be a 2-4 spot swing and thats huge

It's not even that I want, or that I'm rooting for them to lose, it's the playing of their starters against the Jets backups that will get me extremely upset. I have no problem winning the game with our backups against their backups. These guys are professionals and they have every reason to not want the Bills to have a higher draft slots for guys that could take their job away from them.

How in the world could the local media not ask that question????? Hey dumbasses, this game is a glorified exhibition game and you don't even ask that question????

Rex Ryan -

This isn't a bye week (wink wink, but it really is)

Chan Gailey -

This is going to be a tough fought game against a division opponent (local Buffalo media are an embarrassment for not asking the obvious question of what Chan would do if the Jets pulled their starters).

The Jets and their local media clearly could care less about this game while the Bills and the local media are in la la land treating it like it's going to be played like a real game. This is going to be Colts game v.2 and the Bills will probably try to win a meaningless game playing their starters against the Jets backups. If they do this the Bills should be prepared to be skewered by Bills fans come draft day when all of the elite players are off the board when their turn comes.

If the J E T S pull their starters, Buffalo should put their second/third team out there.

One question most of our "starters" are still playing for their jobs next year. It is a meaningless game but these guys still need experience playing against NFL schemes. You wanted to throw Brohm out there in the 2nd half fine, but do you really want to see Aaron Maybin & Keith Ellison out there on D.

If the game is really meaningless to the Jets, I would want to lose. That would likely knock the Bills out of the top 5 in the draft, and I've heard some senerio it could even put them at like 9 or 10. For years I always wanted to them to win no matter what, but now looking back at all those meaningless wins which build team confidents, the funny thing is 60% of those players are not even here anymore, and a bunch more are not likely to return. I think we should try to position our selfs for whats best for the future. Chan and buddy can figure out what that is.

One question most of our "starters" are still playing for their jobs next year. It is a meaningless game but these guys still need experience playing against NFL schemes. You wanted to throw Brohm out there in the 2nd half fine, but do you really want to see Aaron Maybin & Keith Ellison out there on D.

Elison would prolly make more plays than Maybin dispite being on IR for a month now

It's not even that I want, or that I'm rooting for them to lose, it's the playing of their starters against the Jets backups that will get me extremely upset. I have no problem winning the game with our backups against their backups. These guys are professionals and they have every reason to not want the Bills to have a higher draft slots for guys that could take their job away from them.

How in the world could the local media not ask that question????? Hey dumbasses, this game is a glorified exhibition game and you don't even ask that question????

That's not likely, if the last draft is any indication.

The coaches also need to be careful what they say so not to upset the Vegas book makers. The last spread I saw was the Bills getting 1 point. What would it be if the Jets needed the game? Maybe 8? If gamblers know the Bills are going to play their starters, the Jets are playing their backups plus the Jets have nothing to play for that would seem like a good bet from a risk/reward perspective.

You all say you want the Bills to lose but I'll bet you'll be crying how much we suck if we do. "Whaaa! We can't even beat the Jets backups! We suck! Whaaa!"

PTR

It's so stupid to even play their starters against the Jets' backups it's not even funny. That wouldn't even be a win in my book. Does anyone here think that win against the Colts last year was a real one? It was basically a forfeit, which is what this weeks win will be. By doing this the Bills will ensure that they drop 4 to 5 draft slots for all seven rounds in the draft. I'm sure that the Jets actually would love the fact that they will lose but essentially win when the Bills will miss out on a guy that would provide havoc against their offense for the next ten years.

The Bills' FO and coaching staff should get with the freaking program that this is NOT a real NFL game being played this weekend and treat it as such when the Jets pull their starters. If their backups win against the Jets backups then so be it, but don't insult the Bills' fans intelligence by trying to win with their starters against a bunch of second and third teamers.

It's so stupid to even play their starters against the Jets' backups it's not even funny. That wouldn't even be a win in my book. Does anyone here think that win against the Colts last year was a real one? It was basically a forfeit, which is what this weeks win will be. By doing this the Bills will ensure that they drop 4 to 5 draft slots for all seven rounds in the draft. I'm sure that the Jets actually would love the fact that they will lose but essentially win when the Bills will miss out on a guy that would provide havoc against their offense for the next ten years.

The Bills' FO and coaching staff should get with the freaking program that this is NOT a real NFL game being played this weekend and treat it as such when the Jets pull their starters. If their backups win against the Jets backups then so be it, but don't insult the Bills' fans intelligence by trying to win with their starters against a bunch of second and third teamers.

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME.

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME.

So what about all of these playoff teams who will be sitting all their starters? They aren't playing to win the game. So there's "play to win" rules for one team and not the other? That's stupid. This is a glorified preseason game. Seeing it as anything different makes someone look either completely dumb or completely delusional. Period, end of story.

I was at the Colts game last year, it was a win, trust me I saw it with my own two eyes...

Also, just watched Rex's press conference, I didn't see the "wink wink" attitude you reference in the OP. Read into things much?

This doesn't make sense. Say you're a LB and you don't want the Bills to draft someone to take your job as you stated, so you play hard so they don't take a LB you would have to determine would be taken at pick 2-4. But then the o line would have to think that hey if we lose they'll draft that LB and I'll keep my job. So the LB would play to win and the O line would play to lose? Which players would play for the win in your theory to not lose their job?

I was at the Colts game last year, it was a win, trust me I saw it with my own two eyes...

Also, just watched Rex's press conference, I didn't see the "wink wink" attitude you reference in the OP. Read into things much?

Yeah, hemming and hawing about who's going to play and not play. Saying "all hands on deck" which is clear code that the scrubs are going to see a lot of action. Saying how a win would be nice but it's not important in the grand scheme of things. Actually saying the words "this is not a bye week," means that this IS a bye week for them and will be treated as such.

Are you gullible much? C'mon man, as a Bills fan you should be smarter than that.

Edited by 1billsfan