Do you want Kyle Orton?

Could be had for very little, relative to his stats, assuming Denver is going with TT. Why not bring him in to compete? If nothing else, he'd be an elite 2nd QB behind Fitz. He's not a glamour name at QB, certainly not mentioned with the Brady's and Manning's. But, his stats the last 2 seasons:

2010/2009

TD's : 20/21

INT: 9/12

Yds: 3653/3802

Note: Only 13 games in 2010 because of Tebow taking over. Would've likely ended up with 4200+yds and 23Td's. His QB rating is a hair under 90.

Could be had for very little, relative to his stats, assuming Denver is going with TT. Why not bring him in to compete? If nothing else, he'd be an elite 2nd QB behind Fitz. He's not a glamour name at QB, certainly not mentioned with the Brady's and Manning's. But, his stats the last 2 seasons:

2010/2009

TD's : 20/21

INT: 9/12

Yds: 3653/3802

Note: Only 13 games in 2010 because of Tebow taking over. Would've likely ended up with 4200+yds and 23Td's. His QB rating is a hair under 90.

Depends on how high the price tag gets...one thing not to forget however is that Fitzy is only under contract for one more season.

He seems to be on the level of Fitzpatrick, so I'm not sure what the point is. I'd rather let Fitz work with the system he's growing familiar with, vs bring in a new face that isn't familiar. That is, unless there is a significant improvement in skill, and I'm not sure i see it.

Just keep Fitz instead of bringing in a new guy that has to learn the system. There aren't too many vets to be had out there that are better then Fitz right now. Draft a rookie and bring him along slowly, keep Fitzpatrick as our starter for another year or two.

We're really in a good position at QB imo. We extend Fitz, then take a QB in the early middle rounds, (or develop Brown if they think he has the talent). Let Fitz play out the string for as long as he has success, all the while grooming a young guy to take over.

WE DONT NEED NO STEENKING "LUCK"

Just keep Fitz instead of bringing in a new guy that has to learn the system. There aren't too many vets to be had out there that are better then Fitz right now. Draft a rookie and bring him along slowly, keep Fitzpatrick as our starter for another year or two.

Should've prefaced by saying that I am a Fitz-supporter. I want him to be our guy for the next 5-7 years. But, I'm not sure Brohm is the best insurance policy. Sure, having a middle-tier starter backed up by another one isn't the usual M.O, but maybe it makes sense... As much as I think we're going to improve in the offseason, an injury to Fitz bringing on Brohm would scuttle everything.

Orton?!

Absolutely not, what a terrible idea.

I wanted the Bills to lose their games more than anyone and get Luck, but even I would say that Orton leaves us no better off than Fitzpatrick. It would just delay the process of searching for our future QB for another few years.

i see orton going to arizona this offseason. he will tear it up with fitzgerald, breaston and doucet. although mcnabb lives out there but they skins will try to get something in return for him. i would love orton on this team and i think he is a step up from fitzy but i don't see him coming out here.

Anyone getting starter's jack and gets beat out by Tebow is not someone I'd make a run at. Draft a QB and groom him behind Fitzy.

This... although his injury provided Tebow's opportunity, right? Either way, Orton isn't enough of an upgrade from Fitzy Claus.

I had a Harry Caray moment: Spell Orton backwards and you get "Notro"... Orton no tro in Buffalo!