A WIN THIS WEEK WOULD BE DEVISTATING!!!!!

ALLEN1QB

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Once more, for all the misguided...

Winning is good. Losing is bad. When your team takes the field, winning should always be the objective.

The Bills will finish 5-11, drafting somewhere in the #8 to #10 position, and take Wisconsin LT Gabe Carimi in round one.

(And the sun will still rise in the East, Carimi will be great, the Bills will make the playoffs next season, and all will be well.)

Edited by The Senator

I can see both arguments.

Either way could be a good thing.

I think we should go out and try to win the game. Winning installs confidence, and hopefully might be something to look at going into next season.

But like many others have pointed out, it also means dropping in the draft. Which could theoretically hurt our chances at a stud player.

That being said, we tend to draft horribly, so I'm not sure if it matters either way.

Win or Lose there are positives and negatives to take from it.

There is no doubt that losing would be better for the long term roster but It is the jets and I can not root for them to lose, never could really but the freaking Jets and that fat fer foot sucker no way

JUST GO BACK AND WATCH HARD KNOCKS IF YOU NEED MOTIVATION WHAT A BUNCH OF AHOLES

go BILLS

Once more, for all the misguided...

Winning is good. Losing is bad. When your team takes the field, winning should always be the objective.

The Bills will finish 5-11, drafting somewhere in the #8 to #10 position, and take Wisconsin LT Gabe Carimi in round one.

(And the sun will still rise in the East, Carimi will be great, the Bills will make the playoffs next season, and all will be well.)

You mean the guy who will have to move to RT in the NFL ? You would take a RT in the top ten???

Not really devastating. I ran some mocks in order to see the actual difference in the draft, as opposed to foolish notions that moving up and down a few picks has some huge effect.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/125143-mock-draft-with-bills-picking-3-9/

Basically its the difference between getting Fairley or Bowers instead of Marcell Dareaus or Anthony Constanzo.

All 4 players will have good to great NFL careers. IMO Bowers and Fairley will have greater impacts.

The rest of the draft works mostly the same because in the 4th round there really isn't a consensus BPA it comes to the needs of the team and the scouting department rating of the franchise.

We could get the #2 Spot if we lose and Denver beats San Diego. Which is very much in the realm of the possible. Cinci should have a stronger Strength of Schedule then the Bills and will lose to the Ravens.

If you want to root for something root for Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos.

If you want to root against something root against Philip Rivers and the San Diego Chargers.

Either way it will not be devastating.

with the Vikings winning last week worst\best case is #8 and the best\worst case is #2. Those six spots have very little long term difference.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Disagree. The Bills need some confidence and momentum going into the offseason. The Bills drafting is more about getting the right player...not about having the higher draft position to pick some player Modrak likes despite the obvious reach.

I disagree with only one thing. Momentum stops one way or another for the Bills after Sunday's game. Next season is completely it's own animal.

You mean the guy who will have to move to RT in the NFL ? You would take a RT in the top ten???

Please tell me again - why would he have to move to RT???

Because I cannot understand why anyone thinks that this 6' 7" 330-pound extremely athletic monster who will start his 49th game at LT this Saturday (on the best offensive line in college football) would not play his natural position in the NFL :unsure:

In 2009, Wisconsin's left tackle started 13 games, as the Badgers led the Big 10 Conference in scoring and total offense. This year, Carimi started 12 games and Wisconsin once again amassed the most points in the Big 10. But in 2009, Carimi played despite nagging shoulder and knee injuries. On Saturday, a healthy Carimi will trot into the Rose Bowl against TCU as the winner of the Outland Trophy, symbolizing college football's best offensive lineman...

TCU defensive tackle Corey Grant sees one reason for Carimi's success. "His size," Grant said. "I've seen a lot of big guys. I've gone against a lot of big guys. But Gabe is by far the tallest, the biggest. He has good footwork. I have yet to see him back down from a challenge."

"Look at him; he's a physical freak," Moffitt said as Carimi smiled. "His arms are as long as my legs so I think that helps. But obviously, I know Gabe's work ethic, his discipline, is admirable."

Link - Outland Trophy winner Carimi healthier in 2010

2014-2015 would be good. This team has a lot of holes to fill; they'll never start to win unless they lose their next 48-80 games.

Which is why the front office's number one priorty to help them lose the next 80 games should be to ink Donte Whitner to a long-term deal as fast as possible.

Please tell me again - why would he have to move to RT???

Because I cannot understand why anyone thinks that this 6' 7" 330-pound extremely athletic monster who will start his 49th game at LT this Saturday (on the best offensive line in college football) would not play his natural position in the NFL :unsure:

In 2009, Wisconsin's left tackle started 13 games, as the Badgers led the Big 10 Conference in scoring and total offense. This year, Carimi started 12 games and Wisconsin once again amassed the most points in the Big 10. But in 2009, Carimi played despite nagging shoulder and knee injuries. On Saturday, a healthy Carimi will trot into the Rose Bowl against TCU as the winner of the Outland Trophy, symbolizing college football's best offensive lineman...

TCU defensive tackle Corey Grant sees one reason for Carimi's success. "His size," Grant said. "I've seen a lot of big guys. I've gone against a lot of big guys. But Gabe is by far the tallest, the biggest. He has good footwork. I have yet to see him back down from a challenge."

"Look at him; he's a physical freak," Moffitt said as Carimi smiled. "His arms are as long as my legs so I think that helps. But obviously, I know Gabe's work ethic, his discipline, is admirable."

Link - Outland Trophy winner Carimi healthier in 2010

maybe this

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2416

The knock on Carimi is that he may not be a true NFL left tackle. In Wisconsin's run-heavy offense, he has been very good. But on an NFL team, most of which are balanced, his skill set is best suited for right tackle. Left tackles need good footwork and lateral agility, two attributes Carimi is lacking in. Carimi projects as a second round pick in the 2011 NFL Draft.

http://nflmocks.com/2010/05/03/2011-scouting-report-gabe-carimi-wisconsin/

Carimi projects as a left tackle but the question marks about his athleticism could force a move to the right side. Teams are hesitant to spend a high draft pick on a right tackle.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2011gcarimi.php

Carimi will play in the NFL for some team and start at right tackle.

http://newerascouting.com/2010/gabe-carimi-scouting-report/

He’s a power tackle best suited for the right side of the line. Carimi struggles some against speed rushers, but has good strength to anchor and seal.

This one written by a former NFL scout

These are different takes than the local puff piece you cited. It sounds like Carimi will be a very good NFL RT.

The Bills will take the field and try to win this game but somehow will find a way to lose.

Why does everyone think we can pick and choose (prior to kickoff) whether or not we want to win or lose a game?...... Like we can magicallly 'turn it on' at will.