Ohio couple suing Bengals due to drunk fans

major

Sooner or later the NFL is going to have to address the alcohol and fan behavior issues. Maybe a few big lawsuits will start to move the needle.

Maybe you missed the part where they tried that here and the fans threw a hissy?

Anyways, they have every right to sue, but I dislike the whole sue everybody I can possibly think of that could maybe, hopefully be held liable and hope they settle lawsuits

my big issue is her claiming they sold alcohol to "noticably drunk" fans. how is she gonna prove what they looked like at moment of sale or even if a friend hadnt bought it for them? ive been to 2 games in cincy and she would really be in shock to see a game at RWS because it's way more rowdy!

my big issue is her claiming they sold alcohol to "noticably drunk" fans. how is she gonna prove what they looked like at moment of sale or even if a friend hadnt bought it for them? ive been to 2 games in cincy and she would really be in shock to see a game at RWS because it's way more rowdy!

Good point. The case agaisnt the stadium turns on the claim of serving alcohol to noticably drunk fans. This is impossible to prove. No witness to the "Does" beer purchases likely exists. Also, as Zulu points out, they lose all credibility with the sunglasses claim. No Bengals fans owns a $700 pair of Oakleys.

This would be a calamatous precedent if they win this suit.

Why even have people watch live games anymore?... There is no need for it anymore and especially with a perfect for TV game like football. The technology is there. Of course I jest... :D

Well she certainly should watch on TV.

Drunk to the point of being an !@#$ fans is one reason I don't go anymore.

It just stopped being fun.

Now ... who can I sue because of that? :devil:

If you think this is going to curtail anything i think you are mistaken, this isn't the first lawsuit of this nature by any means. They are very difficult to win.

People have been complaining about drunk fans at sporting events for years, if you think this is a new or worsening phenomenon youre falling victim to the shark summer syndrome.

Well she certainly should watch on TV.

Drunk to the point of being an !@#$ fans is one reason I don't go anymore.

It just stopped being fun.

Now ... who can I sue because of that? :devil:

Yeah, I don't go anymore, which is too bad. The seats are crammed together and its way too out of control now. a half a dozen blinded losers near your seats and the game is ruined. What happens in the stands outside the 20 yd lines at a Bills game would not happen/would be stopped anywhere else. Almost like a gang mentality. it is a "If-you're-not-as-hammered-and-out-of-control-as-I-am-then-YOU-are-the-problem" mentality. Why is that?

Yeah, I don't go anymore, which is too bad. The seats are crammed together and its way too out of control now. a half a dozen blinded losers near your seats and the game is ruined. What happens in the stands outside the 20 yd lines at a Bills game would not happen/would be stopped anywhere else. Almost like a gang mentality. it is a "If-you're-not-as-hammered-and-out-of-control-as-I-am-then-YOU-are-the-problem" mentality. Why is that?

I dont know, i sit in one of those outside the 20 sections and havent had one person kicked out all year or had one person who should have been kicked out.

If you think that type of behavior is just buffalo think again.

If beer sales weren't so profitable, they probably already would have been banned by Goodell in the interests of creating "a family friendly atmosphere."

Good luck with that. Once people can't drink at frigid winter games that the league moves to late in the day for tv purposes, alot more will wake up and say, "Freezing my arse off to watch this in person is insane."

It's just too bad that the drunks like the ones in this case and that guy who left the Bills game drunk with 2 kids in his car are going to ruin the gameday experience for people who behave.

$700 sunglasses? Jesus

If they can afford to waste $700 on sunglasses, they can afford to be in a luxury seat away from falling drunk fans.

I don't even bring my primary reading glasses into the stadium, I bring ones I paid $1 for and I bring old sunglasses. It's not because I think a drunk will fall on me, but I realize that things can get broken when I'm in that tight a crowd.

If beer sales weren't so profitable, they probably already would have been banned by Goodell in the interests of creating "a family friendly atmosphere."

And that is exactly where King Roger draws the line. Not that I blame him. He is charge of a very big and profitable business after all. His main job is to maximize the profits of the NFL.

Good luck with that. Once people can't drink at frigid winter games that the league moves to late in the day for tv purposes, alot more will wake up and say, "Freezing my arse off to watch this in person is insane."

That may or may not happen in the long term. No way in the short term. Too many Americans are fans of the game of football in general and the in person experience in particular.

It's just too bad that the drunks like the ones in this case and that guy who left the Bills game drunk with 2 kids in his car are going to ruin the gameday experience for people who behave.

To be fair, that guy with the kids probably routinely gets in the car drunk with or without his kids. To say it was because he was at a football game is unfair to the NFL in this case.

Edited by CodeMonkey

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER