Do we actually have any Pro Bowl players?

Dorkington

Often times I see snippets here or there about Kyle Williams, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Steve Johnson or whomever possibly making the Pro-Bowl...

Are these guys, or any of the Bills actually Pro Bowl level players or are they just relatively good on a miserably bad team?

Would any of our players start on any other team?

:bag:

---

I *want* to like some of our players. Fitz plays his heart out, but is inaccurate and turns the ball over too much. Kyle has an endless motor, but seems undersized and underskilled. Steve seems to get open a lot, but drops every other pass thrown to him, and looks like he pushes off a lot. Etc...

Often times I see snippets here or there about Kyle Williams, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Steve Johnson or whomever possibly making the Pro-Bowl...

Are these guys, or any of the Bills actually Pro Bowl level players or are they just relatively good on a miserably bad team?

Would any of our players start on any other team?

:bag:

---

I *want* to like some of our players. Fitz plays his heart out, but is inaccurate and turns the ball over too much. Kyle has an endless motor, but seems undersized and underskilled. Steve seems to get open a lot, but drops every other pass thrown to him, and looks like he pushes off a lot. Etc...

I think (based on what I have read) that Williams has a chance to make the Pro Bowl. Johnson has an outside shot at it, based on some wide receiver injuries that will cause some of them to pass on playing. I don't see Fitz making it.

I think (based on what I have read) that Williams has a chance to make the Pro Bowl. Johnson has an outside shot at it, based on some wide receiver injuries that will cause some of them to pass on playing. I don't see Fitz making it.

Kyle Williams is a Pro Bowl player and has the potential to make it to multiple Pro Bowls

Stevie Johnson had a Pro Bowl type of year and has to prove that he can consistently catch the ball.

The only player that possibly could make it to a Pro Bowl is Fred Jackson

Kyle Williams is a Pro Bowl player and has the potential to make it to multiple Pro Bowls

Stevie Johnson had a Pro Bowl type of year and has to prove that he can consistently catch the ball.

The only player that possibly could make it to a Pro Bowl is Fred Jackson

Yeah, like I said... on our team, they have performed well. But is that simply relative to the other players we have? Or do you think they would find the same success/playing time on other teams?

The pro bowl is more of a joke now than it has been in the past.

It essentially is a popularity contest the players would go to to get a free trip to Hawaii.

Now that it is not in Hawaii, many opt not to play. Plus any players playing in the superbowl obviously aren't going to play.

As to your other question about playing on other teams, I don't see any players on this team, with the exception of maybe the kickers, starting on any teams in the top half of the standings. Yeah, rebuilding this team through the draft is going to take quite some time.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Maybe it's just being used to seeing so much crap on the field that fans can't tell anymore when they have a star, but I don't get how anyone who watches football can say Kyle Williams isn't a shoo-in for the pro bowl. It's actually quite remarkable how well he's played. All the big running plays the opposition gets seem to occur when he's taking a breather on the sideline. I noticed that on three separate occasions on Sunday. He is consistently double-teamed and still makes plays. He was actually triple-teamed on multiple plays against Miami the week before. Can't remember the last time I saw that. The guy really has no help whatsoever.

As was mentioned above, the "pro bowl" label has become quite a bit of a joke. Its more about name recognition and popularity than actual performance. Hell, on the NFL network, charles davis said that Chris Johnson should make the pro bowl simply because he rushed for 2000 yards last season.

The better question to assess talent would be to ask, how many players on this team do we have that are in the top 5 in the league at their position, and top 10, etc.

Kyle Williams is a top 5 DT, no questions asked.

Stevie Johnson is having a top 10 season at WR this year. He arguably deserves to be included in any pro bowl discussion for the AFC. Whether he can keep it up over the long haul remains to be seen.

Kyle Williams is a pro bowl DT, he might be one of the best DT in the NFL. Not sure why we don't want to believe it.

Because he is not dominant and because the Buffalo defense on a whole is not good. He reminds me a little of Tommie Harris for the Bears. Smallish but can play the position very well but sometimes others perception of success hinges on the success of the entire defense.

Not sure if he will be voted as first team starter. I believe last year he replaced someone else that was injured if my memory serves me correct.

Edited by VADC Bills

Because he is not dominant and because the Buffalo defense on a whole is not good. He reminds me a little of Tommie Harris for the Bears. Smallish but can play the position very well but sometimes others perception of success hinges on the success of the entire defense.

Not sure if he will be voted as first team starter. I believe last year he replaced someone else that was injured if my memory serves me correct.

not dominant? Kyle is double and triple teamed every play and gets no help from anyone on D- and still makes more plays by far then anyone else

Kyle Williams is a top 5 DT, no questions asked.

Stevie Johnson is having a top 10 season at WR this year. He arguably deserves to be included in any pro bowl discussion for the AFC. Whether he can keep it up over the long haul remains to be seen.

Point 1, I agree 100%.....he deserves a Pro Bowl nod.

Point 2, I agree that Sevie is having a breakout season, but I can't see him making the Pro Bowl over the likes of Dwayne Bowe, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, and Brandon Marshall.

The pro bowl is more of a joke now than it has been in the past.

It essentially is a popularity contest the players would go to to get a free trip to Hawaii.

Now that it is not in Hawaii, many opt not to play. Plus any players playing in the superbowl obviously aren't going to play.

As to your other question about playing on other teams, I don't see any players on this team, with the exception of maybe the kickers, starting on any teams in the top half of the standings. Yeah, rebuilding this team through the draft is going to take quite some time.

its actually in hawaii this year the miamia thing is done...but still before the superbowl

its actually in hawaii this year the miamia thing is done...but still before the superbowl

miami