Tebow haters

You starry eyed Tebow lovah.

Just kidding Dean-O. I can't for the life of me, figure out why people hate the kid so much. All he's ever done is win and keep his nose clean. Now everyone loves Michael Vick. Go figure. Crazy woild Dean-O, crazy woild.

I really don't get the Tebow hate. Honestly, I don't think there is that much of it around. There is a LOT of Tebow doubt though, and some simply can't tell the difference between doubt and hate.

Clearly there are some who declared he couldn't play in the NFL. I'm sure some of those people will find fault with him whenever they can.

Others proclaimed him the next big thing, and they look for any reason to show they were right.

Pretty stupid, actually.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You starry eyed Tebow lovah.

Just kidding Dean-O. I can't for the life of me, figure out why people hate the kid so much. All he's ever done is win and keep his nose clean. Now everyone loves Michael Vick. Go figure. Crazy woild Dean-O, crazy woild.

Don't take this to mean you personally Doc, but I think it's more about hating the people who have endlessly hyped the guy as though he's the greatest player to ever step on a field. Personally, I don't like anyone who plays at Florida. The stench of Spurrier still lingers.

All he's ever done is win

Hmmmm....wasn't there a discussion on page one of this thread about how football is a team game? It seems to me Florida has had a lot of QBs over the years that did little other than 'win'. It helps when you have superior talent around you year in and year out.

I really don't get the Tebow hate. Honestly, I don't think there is that much of it around. There is a LOT of Tebow doubt though, and some simply can't tell the difference between doubt and hate.

Clearly there are some who declared he couldn't play in the NFL. I'm sure some of those people will find fault with him whenever they can.

Others proclaimed him the next big thing, and they look for any reason to show they were right.

Pretty stupid, actually.

He completed barely 50% of his passes against one of the worst pass defenses in the league.

And all of this "he just wins" nonsense would be all that if Schaub hadn't been picked in field goal range. Oh wait, lemme guess...tebow "willed" the defender to pick off Schaub so the broncos could win.

timmy looks like a gamer, but he can't play qb. he didn't look good at all. maybe he could be a TE.

and he is the last guy i'd want to hanging around the sideline. people who can't keep their superstitions to themselves irritate the hell out of me. i rarely try to convert people to zorostrianism.

So you would have said no way to Reggie White?

Don't take this to mean you personally Doc, but I think it's more about hating the people who have endlessly hyped the guy as though he's the greatest player to ever step on a field. Personally, I don't like anyone who plays at Florida. The stench of Spurrier still lingers.

Hmmmm....wasn't there a discussion on page one of this thread about how football is a team game? It seems to me Florida has had a lot of QBs over the years that did little other than 'win'. It helps when you have superior talent around you year in and year out.

Well, I can't help you with #1. If you hate all UF players, but one came to the Bills and ended up being a star, would you feel the same way? I hate all "Thug U" (UM) players, too.

Except for Jimbo. I think that's all I have to say on that.

Of course it's a team game and UF has been in the upper echelon for a number of years. Tebow won in high school, too. Granted, there have been a lot of UF washout QB's in the NFL. And Tebow may yet become another. That remains to be seen.

Pretty stupid, actually.

There seems to be a good bit of Tebow-bashing on this board. And doubt as well. I'm fine with the doubt, as Tebow has yet to establish himself.

Football IS a team sport, and here is what Tebow does for your TEAM:

"He definitely brings a lot of emotion to every play," deep threat Brandon Lloyd said. "He really gives us added incentive to do great things for him, because we know he's willing to do anything humanly possibly to make the most of out every play."

"The guy is a born leader and we just rallied behind him," said tailback Correll Buckhalter, who turned a screen pass into a 23-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter that pulled Denver to within six points.

"I love his will to win. As long as he has that, we've got a chance. Everything else we can work on," receiver Jabar Gaffney said.

Quarterbacks are not only supposed to deliver the ball well, but MORE importantly, set the tone of the offense and be "The Guy". So many QBs fail simply because they can't be "The Guy". The kid has it, and is already winning because of it. Lord knows it not because of his gun slinging just yet.

Quarterbacks are not only supposed to deliver the ball well, but MORE importantly, set the tone of the offense and be "The Guy". So many QBs fail simply because they can't be "The Guy". The kid has it, and is already winning because of it. Lord knows it not because of his gun slinging just yet.

So he willed Matt Schaub to throw the game ending pick when the texans were in what would have been a game winning FG range?

Edited by Ramius

True dat, Dr. Dank. Kudos.

I believe the fact that players on his team from both sides of the line, came out with statements like this says alot about the guy. I mean really, those are some impressive comments, they are pretty much proclaiming him to be the leader of the team.

I've been sold on the guy, but that isn't to say that he won't have hisbad games, because he definitely will, but I am pretty damn sure that he will end up winning many games in his career and some of them being in the month of January.

What can I say? I love leaders and winners, and he fits the bill to a tee (bow).

Edited by Magox

If anyone actually watched that game on Sunday - you could not deny what he did to win that game. #s dont quantify how good he played in that second half. He displayed athleticism which was un-matched even in the NFL. Its cliche but he literally took over the game - at least for the Denver O. Without him in there Denver loses that game big.

Not bad for a "running QB who cant take a snap from under center". People need to be open to the idea that he may actually be good.

PS: Since the Bills cant draft and havent drafted a good player in a decade, and I expect that trend to continue for a while, and because they dont make Wood or Willaims jerseys (aka the chinese ones for 45 bucks) I am thinking of buying this

http://www.nflminnesotavikings.com/images/tim-tebow-jersey-denver-broncos-15-qb-blue-423-0.jpg

:ph34r:

I believe the fact that players on his team from both sides of the line, came out with statements like this says alot about the guy. I mean really, those are some impressive comments, they are pretty much proclaiming him to be the leader of the team.

I've been sold on the guy, but that isn't to say that he won't have his bad games, because he definitely will, but I am pretty damn sure that he will end up winning many games in his career and some of them being in the month of January.

What can I say? I love leaders and winners, and he fits the bill to a tee (bow).

Exactly how I feel about him as a player.

It's funny here when the Bills win we degrade the win because the opponent was really bad but Tebow wins a game against a horrible Houston team and he is the next star QB.

No one is saying he is great, or the "next star QB". There were simply a number of us here that saw him play in college and thought he could go on to be a good NFL QB, knowing that he had a long road ahead of him. There were also a large number of people here, and across the country, that hate on the kid for a couple of stupid reasons and who also thought that he would never be anything more than a TE in the NFL.

It's good to see the kid already stepping in as the leader of the team, and carrying his team to victory, in his ROOKIE year. Even I, one of his bigger supporters, didnt think he would/should see the playing field this early.

He has a long way to go, it's just good to see him progressing.

Tebow is looking to be better than any Bills QB.

I'd say I'm surprised, but really, I'm just disappointed that the Bills can never get any talent.

Stunning stat I read in this mornings Buf-News Dorkington: The Bucs had 10 rookies start games this year, and they have a winning record...crazy, and they have a second year QB who is cutting his teeth quite nicely in the NFL, as well as he was when finishing his rookie year.

What a path that franchise is on.