Keith Richards

Buftex

I wouldn't normally think of somebody at the age of 67 living on borrowed time in this day and age...but man, is he ever.

I dunno...they have been saying that about him, since the early 1980's...I don't think he is going anywhere, anytime soon...just kind of wish the Stones would call it quits, and he would do more solo stuff at this point...or, I wish the Stones (ie: Mick Jagger) and just do things that celebrate their strengths, rather than highlight their age...the big tours, silly music videos make them a parody at this point. I think Richards still has the soul of an artist, but it is never going to co-exist in a good way, with Jagger, who wants folks to believe he is still 25.

Still goin' strong, and still defying all actuarial tables...

My diet and health regime is as follows: a healthy breakfast of coffee and cigarettes, a big lunch, sensible dinner. I don't snack. I don't eat Cheese Doodles. I don't eat Pringles and I'm not into desserts and sweats. I call it the Keith Richards exercise plan. Every day that Keith Richards sill walks this earth is a validation of my workout regimen. - Anthony Bourdain

Happy Birthday, Keef! :beer:

post-2970-074047600 1292724006_thumb.jpg

I thought it was amazing that the rockers I grew up with were starting to turn 60 (I turn 50 next year). But now their pushing 70. Phil Lesh turned 70 this year and is still going strong. Now you may say how much energy does it take to stand on stage a pluck a bass guitar. Well not much, it's just the mental stress of the touring. Me at 70? A beach, a lounge chair and a good book.

I thought it was amazing that the rockers I grew up with were starting to turn 60 (I turn 50 next year). But now their pushing 70. Phil Lesh turned 70 this year and is still going strong. Now you may say how much energy does it take to stand on stage a pluck a bass guitar. Well not much, it's just the mental stress of the touring. Me at 70? A beach, a lounge chair and a good book.

What is funny/strange to me...all the rockers I idolized as a lad, are closer in age to my parents, than they are me....I am 45...my parents are nearing 80! All of the sudden those "Mick Jagger looks like Don Knotts" are not so funny... :rolleyes: