Keith Richards

Buftex

What is funny/strange to me...all the rockers I idolized as a lad, are closer in age to my parents, than they are me....I am 45...my parents are nearing 80! All of the sudden those "Mick Jagger looks like Don Knotts" are not so funny... :rolleyes:

The sad part is because there has been a lot less great music created since our parents were our age.

The sad part is because there has been a lot less great music created since our parents were our age.

True that!

I have a part time job at a record store...every year, they ask us to write our "top ten" records of the year, and they give them out to customers...I can almost never pick more than 1 or 2 "new" albums that I like (it has been many years) , my top 10 is full of re-issues of great old albums, with bonus tracks, etc...and I love music...I still buy at least one cd a week (have only downloaded one album in my life, cuz it was the only way you could get it)...I used to feel kind of self-conscious about it, but now I realize, 10 years from now, people will still know who Charles Mingus or the Byrds are...Panic at the Disco or France Ferdinand? I am not so sure...

I have a pretty massive music collection, but I am always blown away. still, by how many great things I am hearig for the first time, in my mid-40's. I suspect, 20 years from now, if I am still breathing, I will hear records made in 2010 that blow me away too...just not as many. I am kind of old-shcool, I still love a great pop song, or a great rock-n'roll tune, with a bridge and chorus...that kind of songwriting is giving way to technology...

Edited by Buftex