Big Ups From Ditka This Morning

On this morning's Mike & Mike show on ESPN2, they had Mike Ditka on for several minutes. He commented, and I paraphrase here, "There are teams that are still playing hard out there. Like the Buffalo Bills. It ain't pretty,and their record may not show it, but they're still playing hard and with enthusiasm. That's good coaching."

Thanks Mike. The game was good to watch yesterday, and that was good to hear today.

On this morning's Mike & Mike show on ESPN2, they had Mike Ditka on for several minutes. He commented, and I paraphrase here, "There are teams that are still playing hard out there. Like the Buffalo Bills. It ain't pretty,and their record may not show it, but they're still playing hard and with enthusiasm. That's good coaching."

Thanks Mike. The game was good to watch yesterday, and that was good to hear today.

Oh good Lord that was a MISERABLE game to watch.

Two bad teams slugging it out in the toilet bowl, and in ****ty rainy weather to boot.

But Ditks is right, Gailey is coaching his ass off. And it is nice to see it recognized.

Maybe that is nice to hear but that sure as Hell was not fun to watch. I was counting down the minutes until I could get out of that rain. The Browns offense was more boring than Trent Edward's worst game. Fun to see? Uhhh, not so much....

Oh good Lord that was a MISERABLE game to watch.

Two bad teams slugging it out in the toilet bowl, and in ****ty rainy weather to boot.

But Ditks is right, Gailey is coaching his ass off. And it is nice to see it recognized.

It wasn't too bad if you were lucky enough to see it on TV.

Might have a different opinion had I been at the game though.

On the NFL channel last night on the highlightt show, Dieoen said he was proud of the Bills for playing hard even though we're 3-10. I laughed becuase he has done nothing but laugh at the Bills to this point.

Anytime your team wins it's a good game AND a good game to watch (unless you're getting soaked in near freezing weather,,that is).

There's no such thing as an ugly win.

With the names on that team, of course they play hard.

your so dumb you dont even know you just gave them the highest of praises.

people like you crack me up you think you have to be a name player to be a good player.

the bills are full of young very good players who dont know how to play any other way then balls out 90 miles an hour but you diss them way to go.

mark my words all you as-holes who knocked Nix for this draft are going to look like fools very soon and after this draft if god willing we stay healthy next year we are going to be a very good football team.

these guys are playing their as-es off for galiey with nothing to gain to me that speaks volumes for their character and love of the game and for the great job of coaching Galiey is doing.

look @ the jets and their big mouth coach they flat out quit on that big mouth jerk off 2 games in a row and now there is dissension coming from the defense because Rex said they played like sh-t and they need to carry the team and the bust of a QB and the defensive players were very pissed about him criticizing them when they held miami to like 152 yards total offense.

the bills are headed in the right direction and IMO football is fun again in buffalo and its only going to get better because we have a very young team.

people like you crack me up you think you have to be a name player to be a good player.

the bills are full of young very good players who dont know how to play any other way then balls out 90 miles an hour but you diss them way to go.

mark my words all you as-holes who knocked Nix for this draft are going to look like fools very soon and after this draft if god willing we stay healthy next year we are going to be a very good football team.

these guys are playing their as-es off for galiey with nothing to gain to me that speaks volumes for their character and love of the game and for the great job of coaching Galiey is doing.

look @ the jets and their big mouth coach they flat out quit on that big mouth jerk off 2 games in a row and now there is dissension coming from the defense because Rex said they played like sh-t and they need to carry the team and the bust of a QB and the defensive players were very pissed about him criticizing them when they held miami to like 152 yards total offense.

the bills are headed in the right direction and IMO football is fun again in buffalo and its only going to get better because we have a very young team.

I think he was making a penis joke.

Agreed. I enjoyed the game on tv. It wasn't always a thing of beauty, but NOTHING last last years Cleveland abomination.

And heck, we WON! We showed some real grit and determination vs the run and it looks like the coaching staff did some real good things and the players listened and executed. Shoot, I like that.

pretty much what Ditka said, but he did say the Bills play hard WHEN THEY SHOW UP.

very important words, as the Minn game showed.

but yeah that was awesome to hear!!

Two weeks ago, the Brown's are the next great team, a team on the rise, Holmgren is a genius, Mangini is the man, Hillis is all-world.

Now, we beat them in a hard fought game, and they are back to toilet brushes.

Classic.

Bills Fandom 101 - Anything the Bills do is bad/wrong. Anything any other team does is good/right.

You know, it was a hard faught game...but if you watch other NFL games, most are pretty ugly, with a few big plays sprinkled in. To me, it was a pleasure to watch... :thumbsup:

Two weeks ago, the Brown's are the next great team, a team on the rise, Holmgren is a genius, Mangini is the man, Hillis is all-world.

Now, we beat them in a hard fought game, and they are back to toilet brushes.

Classic.

You cannot seriously think that was a well played game?

Hard fought, I suppose. But a quality game?

Edited by CodeMonkey

You cannot seriously think that was a well played game?

Hard fought, I suppose. But a quality game?

I traveled 675 miles from Charlotte, NC to stand in the 36 degree non-stop rain starting at 8:30 a.m. Trust me, it was a good game to watch.

Honestly, despite a low score, I'd say we played a good game. Our defense kept them in check (pass AND run), kept them out of the end zone, had a goal line stand, and notched a few takeaways. Our offense moved the ball into scoring range, got first downs, gave us a 4th and inches from the six-inch line and a 1st and goal from the 3 at the end of the game.

Sloppy? Sure. In those conditions, it wasn't gonna be pretty. But it was football the old fashioned way.

pretty much what Ditka said, but he did say the Bills play hard WHEN THEY SHOW UP.

very important words, as the Minn game showed.

but yeah that was awesome to hear!!

Bills played hard in Minny. They had too many TO's to recover from. Put them in bad situations. They had 3 INT's themselves and couldn't capitalize on enough of them. They played hard in that game too. Just TOO many mistakes.

Edited by purple haze

I traveled 675 miles from Charlotte, NC to stand in the 36 degree non-stop rain starting at 8:30 a.m. Trust me, it was a good game to watch.

Honestly, despite a low score, I'd say we played a good game. Our defense kept them in check (pass AND run), kept them out of the end zone, had a goal line stand, and notched a few takeaways. Our offense moved the ball into scoring range, got first downs, gave us a 4th and inches from the six-inch line and a 1st and goal from the 3 at the end of the game.

Sloppy? Sure. In those conditions, it wasn't gonna be pretty. But it was football the old fashioned way.

I'm with you brother. Great post from a great fan!

Dude! I love the Bills and I love your passion.

Try a little punctuation here and there...throw in a comma, a semicolon or even a period. It will set your argument up better.

...and don't sugar coat things...tell us how you feel.

(Once again, I like the passion and you make good points. Go Bills!)