Say Something Positive about the 2010 Bills

I think there's a lot to be positive about.

- emergence of Stevie Johnson

- run game looks as good as ever even without Lynch

- Whitner having a very solid year

- Kyle

- Coaching has been excellent

- I like a lot of the prospects we've brought in as free agents after the season started

- Fitz

- David Nelson

- Donald Jones

- Moats

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3-10 seasons aren't pretty, but despite Jerry Sullivan and his ilk's outlook there are some positives about this team. In the spirit of Christmas let's list a few. Here's one to get it started:

I really like the young receiving corps on this team. Johnson has been a revelation, Nelson and Jones have made some big catches, Parrish was finally living up to his potential and let's not forget that camp star Easley will be back next season. In fact, one might argue that the only weak link here all season was the aging and overpaid Lee Evans.

All in all, I think the kids have been a big upgrade over TO and Josh Reed, with nothing but upside on the horizon.

I think one of the most positive things about the Bills coaching staff is it's ability to make game time adjustments and the Bills players to execute those adjustments. The latest example was this Sunday making adjustments to compensate for what Cleveland was doing with their run game on their first drive. What a refreshing change from the previous coaching staffs and something to look forward to in the future.

Say something positive. Easy.

Kyle Willams, Fitzpatrick, Moats, Fred Jackson, Roscoe before the injury, the goalline stand yesterday on the opening drive, Chan Gailey, all the undrafted talent, the production from our rookies(even CJ), Whitner, Poz, getting Urbik and seeing he can play, Wood at center, Byrds play yesterday, Kelsay not being forced to do things he cant do, possibly seeing if Merriman can still play next year for peanuts, A good draft pick to get either a developmental QB(mallet or Newton) or a stout DE to start next to Kyle(Bowers or Fairley), getting rid of Trent, and Lynch!, Hoping George Edwards days are numbered, playing with heart most of the year(minnesota game we stunk), all the close games, putting up 49 on the board, feeling the hope back in buffalo, knowing that we hit rock bottom with Trent Edwards and that is behind us, the possibility to still ruin the Jets and Dolphins seasons. Being 3-2 in our last 5. Cheers

Most positive thing from this season, so far: Trent Edwards was cut. Man, that was a good day.

Runner up: Watching the team fight for a full 60 minutes, followed by press conferences where it's obvious the players hate losing.

On February 5, 2012, as we gather at Indianapolis' Lucas Oil Stadium to watch MVP Ryan Fitzpatrick and our BuffTown Bills win Superbowl 46, we will look back at this 2010 season fondly as the beginning of the latest Buffalo Bills football dynasty...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :beer:

And after the game, Jerry Sullivan will file a story pointing back to the 2010 season as the turning point: "As I have been saying all along, ..."

Getting people in and watching them improve and contribute, not sit on the bench after you could tell they were the good player in the preseason. I am thinking this team would beat a 7-9 Jarhead team in the final minutes when they went bend but not break and were to small and tired to finish the game and win it.

The positives I'm taking so far this season:

-Steve Johnson has shown flashes of brilliance.

-Ryan Fitzpatrick is a legitimate quarterback. Ballsy and smart, great combination.

-Kyle Williams is a beast.

-Despite the grief he gets, Poz is a tackling machine and has been making plays closer to the LOS this year than in past years.-The development of Moats makes me think we have another legitimate linebacker on the roster.

-Getting rid of Edwards and Greene is evidence to me that the front office is willing to improve the team by getting rid of dead weight.

-David Nelson is going to be a good receiver for a while.

-Roscoe was having his best year to date.

-Bell is not the penalty prone machine he was last year, and is overall much better than last year.

Love the stuff on Hillis @ the goal line on the opening drive! Great hit Poz!

The positives I'm taking so far this season:

-Steve Johnson has shown flashes of brilliance.

-Ryan Fitzpatrick is a legitimate quarterback. Ballsy and smart, great combination.

-Kyle Williams is a beast.

-Despite the grief he gets, Poz is a tackling machine and has been making plays closer to the LOS this year than in past years.

-The development of Moats makes me think we have another legitimate linebacker on the roster.

-Getting rid of Edwards and Greene is evidence to me that the front office is willing to improve the team by getting rid of dead weight.

-David Nelson is going to be a good receiver for a while.

-Roscoe was having his best year to date.

-Bell is not the penalty prone machine he was last year, and is overall much better than last year.

All good points. And I'd add that since the mistake he made with Green, Nix has been excellent at picking up guys as replacements during the season. Serviceable guys who've been able to step in and quickly do the job. I don't think he's missed on one of them yet.

As someone who was not real thrilled with the Chan Gailey hiring (not such a problem with Gailey himself, just all the guys they could have gone after), I have to say, I am very happy with the way Gailey has turned out, and the improvement he has made on the offensive side of the ball, with, essentially, the same players that have been here all along. I like the fact that we have a coach, on game day, who appears to have a pulse, and knows how to adjust and call a game. The record isn't good, and the defense has been a liability (but improving in some ways), but I would much rather watch an enetertaining, noble team go 4-12, than a gawdaful, dull, heartless, scared team, go 6-10.