Amazing statistical reflections

sllib olaffub

When I read a stat on Buffalorumblings about Ryan Fitzpatrick's touchdowns this season (Ryan Fitzpatrick 355 207 2,384 yards (before cleveland game),21 touchdowns now, to 11 interceptions) in what was his 11th game of the season... and I think 13th consecutive game with a touchdown, I began to think back to Thigpen's season when he had Gailey, and how he has since returned to obscurity. So, I looked up his stats, and guess what - in 11 games, he had 22 touchdowns (three running), 12 interceptions.

It's remarkable how consistent Gailey is with mediocre QB's.

With this win I'm guessing, if he even comes out, that we won't have a chance for Luck. That would probably change their draft strategy to one of fixing the defensive front seven - and with the talent coming out this year at those positions, we could probably do it nicely in the first three rounds.

Anyway, I just thought it was fascinating how close their stats are, and remarkable how consistent Gailey is at getting production out of, what I think are undeniably, mediocre QB's. I SAY, LET'S GIVE HIM A YOUNG, TALENTED QB, WHO HE CAN DEVELOPE AS FITS HIS SCHEMES. Locker really seems likely in the second, from what I've heard about his skill set, he seems like a faster, stronger, more talented version of Fitzpatrick - which would allow Fitz to play another season and for him to be a perfect model, and eventual mentor, to Locker.

So, that's my prediction - a really nasty DE in the First Round, Locker with our second pick, the best OLB with our third, and after that... BPA.

When I read a stat on Buffalorumblings about Ryan Fitzpatrick's touchdowns this season (Ryan Fitzpatrick 355 207 2,384 yards (before cleveland game),21 touchdowns now, to 11 interceptions) in what was his 11th game of the season... and I think 13th consecutive game with a touchdown, I began to think back to Thigpen's season when he had Gailey, and how he has since returned to obscurity. So, I looked up his stats, and guess what - in 11 games, he had 22 touchdowns (three running), 12 interceptions.

With this win I'm guessing, if he even comes out, that we won't have a chance for Luck. That would probably change their draft strategy to one of fixing the defensive front seven - and with the talent coming out this year at those positions, we could probably do it nicely in the first three rounds.

Anyway, I just thought it was fascinating how close their stats are, and remarkable how consistent Gailey is at getting production out of, what I think are undeniably, mediocre QB's. I SAY, LET'S GIVE HIM A YOUNG, TALENTED QB, WHO HE CAN DEVELOPE AS FITS HIS SCHEMES. Locker really seems likely in the second, from what I've heard about his skill set, he seems like a faster, stronger, more talented version of Fitzpatrick - which would allow Fitz to play another season and for him to be a perfect model, and eventual mentor, to Locker.

So, that's my prediction - a really nasty DE in the First Round, Locker with our second pick, the best OLB with our third, and after that... BPA.

Fail.

Your comparison is stupid. Thigpen was never a pocket passer. Fitzpatrick is 10 times better than Thigpen.

i also fail to see how a qb is an immediate 2nd round need. i've been watching this game for a long time. some qbs have it, some don't. fitz has it. reading defenses is probably well over half the battle in the nfl. fitz does that as well any qb we've had since flutie. flutie had far less tools than fitz. he is not jim kelly, but he is a legit qb. we need line backers and help on the lines. qb can wait.

LOL...posts like this make me wonder what the heck goes on in people's minds. What's the point of drafting a QB like Locker in the 2nd round, when it would probably take him 3-4 years to come close the production that Fitz is putting up RIGHT NOW (and that's assuming that Locker would ever even make that stride forward). Fitz just turned 28 in November and handles Chan's offense perfectly with not much talent surrounding him. Posters like you better come to grips that Fitz is here to stay. And thank god.

LOL...posts like this make me wonder what the heck goes on in people's minds. What's the point of drafting a QB like Locker in the 2nd round, when it would probably take him 3-4 years to come close the production that Fitz is putting up RIGHT NOW (and that's assuming that Locker would ever even make that stride forward). Fitz just turned 28 in November and handles Chan's offense perfectly with not much talent surrounding him. Posters like you better come to grips that Fitz is here to stay. And thank god.

Oh, there's talent surrounding him. They need more, like a TE and RT, and they need more experience.

Locker isn't that smart, we need OT more than DE and OLB is our biggest need.

I have no interest in taking chances on 2nd round QBs. If, at our first round pick, Nix/Chan think that there's a real franchise guy on the board - Luck, Mallett, or Newton, depending on how the real scouting turns out - then they can take him. If they don't trust those guys, then we might as well hang tough with Fitz. Don't draft a QB unless you really think there's a better QB there.

It's funny how heated people get on the QB subject. I wasn't as clear as I might have been. I don't want the Bills to take Locker - the only QB I like a lot in this draft is Luck, although I haven't seen some of the QB's coming out play, so there might be others that are really good, too.

If I were running the show, I would go after Luck hard, because I think someone like P. Manning or T. Brady can elevate a team to great heights. But, if Luck isn't there, I would really concentrate on drafting DE, OLB, LB, and TE in the early rounds, and I'd get our O-line help in F.A.

Sure, I don't know what the Bills will do, but I think (we remember Wilson saying it would be a priority) the Bills will draft someone with "potential". And, as for the comparison - I know they are different QB's. That is obvious. What is amazing is that Gailey gets so much out of QB's that other people would dismiss. I like Fitzpatrick, I just don't think he is as good as we could get, and I would like to see the Bills be heavy on high end talent across the board. However, I don't want to draft a guy just to draft a guy. I'd rather get our Defense in order and utilize people like K. Williams while we have them in their prime. Surround them with excellent talent and create a squad that we can look back on as one of the best in team history. That's what I like about football -building champions.

Fitz is doing this without a true number 1 receiver. While this move would be extremely unpopular, I can't help but think that if they grabbed AJ Green 1st round, added a good right tackle via either free agency or the draft, locked up Stevie Johnson, and developed Spiller, this offense would be a top 10 NFL offense for the foreseeable future.

Fitz is doing this without a true number 1 receiver. While this move would be extremely unpopular, I can't help but think that if they grabbed AJ Green 1st round, added a good right tackle via either free agency or the draft, locked up Stevie Johnson, and developed Spiller, this offense would be a top 10 NFL offense for the foreseeable future.

Not really convinced the Bills would draft a receiver that high, if at all, don't forget Marcus Easley, and he was getting rave reviews before he was hurt. Add to that the development of Johnson, Nelson, and Jones ... no, there are far bigger needs that WR. I do agree a solid tackle, or any top quality OL players, and all the defensive help they can get, draft or FA.

Fail.

Your comparison is stupid. Thigpen was never a pocket passer. Fitzpatrick is 10 times better than Thigpen.

How the hell is the comparison stupid? Because Fitz was such a great Pocket Passer before Gailey got here? And Why the freak do you have to insult the guy?...He brings up a valid comparison concerning our HC and you call him stupid? It's Posts like this that prove beyond a shadow of a doubt why this board has continued to decline in overall class year in and year out...Show a little respect and grow up a bit...It was not a stupid comparison whatsoever...Give your counter argument without the insult...

:wallbash:

Fitz has the potential to be the next Joe Montana. You heard it hear first . . .

Fitz scored a 49 out of 50 on the wonderlic test, and answered the 49 questions correctly in 9 minutes, which meant he had 3 minutes to answer the last question, but he said it didn't make any sense to him so he wasn't gonna waste his time trying to think of an answer...dude is hella smart...

I'm baffled by the constant talk and desire to use a high draft pick on a QB. If Fitz continues playing as he's shown he can, Quarterback is far from being a position on which a high pick should be used. Though the defense is picking up steam and playing better as a unit, they are still lacking in the level of talent that puts teams in the superbowl conversation. They're still the leagues worst run defense. The Bills are lacking at least 3 quality defensive starters.

Fitzpatrick has something the Bills haven't seen since the days of Jim Kelly - a quarterback with very good game management skills. What he lacks in natural passing talent, he makes up for with smarts. His mobility, cool under pressure poise, toughness, and the respect he gets from teammates shouldn't be quickly dismissed either. And btw, his passing isn't too bad. He can be hot and cold with the accuracy at times, but overall, he gets the job done.

If you had a $5000 home improvement budget, you wouldn't go out and buy all new carpet if the roof were leaking buckets of water, right? Most people would consider the roof a priority before they would think about other luxuries that depend on the roof for their longterm soundness. As a man in charge of the Bills draft, why on earth would you bypass available top defensive talent to draft a QB that probably wouldn't play much in 2011 (assuming there's a season). They already pulled that stupid move by taking Spiller when there were greater needs.

Defense.

BTW - speaking of....what's going on with T Troup, who was supposed to be a needed addition to the d-line for plugging the middle? Haven't seen much of him. What gives?

Fitz is 4 TDs away from having the most in a season since Jim Kelly in 1991. And we want to draft a QB early, with so many other needs, why?

Yeah, but Fitz's touchdowns don't count because he was picked in the 7th round and went to Harvard. A first round QB would look sooooo much better throwing those passes, don't you think?

Fitz is 4 TDs away from having the most in a season since Jim Kelly in 1991. And we want to draft a QB early, with so many other needs, why?

Because people want the aura of a #1 pick to make them feel like their QB is any good. If we had Luck and he had a rookie season equal to Fitz we'd be ecstatic, but because Fitz was a journeyman before coming to Buffalo his achievements are downplayed.

PTR