New Mock Draft

Astrobot

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I read correctly that Luck is only a sophomore? All the more reason to be very wary of his hype. How old us he?

PTR

He is a red-shirt sophomore which means that he is a junior in school. There are many rating services. Most of them have him rated as the top draft pick. Is he being overly hpyed? Of course. So was Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan and Sam Bradford. If the Bills have a chance to draft him and they don't pick him then this franchise should be laughed out of existence.

He is a red-shirt sophomore which means that he is a junior in school. There are many rating services. Most of them have him rated as the top draft pick. Is he being overly hpyed? Of course. So was Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan and Sam Bradford. If the Bills have a chance to draft him and they don't pick him then this franchise should be laughed out of existence.

Same can be said for Carolina.

How about Nose Tackles? Any out there worth a 1st or 2nd round pick?

Kyle Williams says hello and we just drafted Torell Troup in the 2nd round of last year's draft who is a pretty good space eating 3-4 NT. I'd say we're pretty good at that position. We also have Alex Carrington at DE, who is a man child. The only problem is that Troup & Carrington aren't known for being pass rushers as much as they are for being run stoppers and gap fillers. But, in a 3-4 scheme, you're pass rushing is coming mainly from your OLB. Which is why pass rushing OLB is a must for us.

aaah..not sure man. this is a very high risk/potentially high reward pick (quinn)..i dunno..to take a guy at 3 who has only really had one great season in college and has been off this entire season is just wayyyyy too risky for me.

considering Fox will probably be out of Carolina this season, you can bet your ass that if Luck comes out, and carolina has the #1 pick, the new coach is going to want his guy at QB. they'd probably take luck at 1 even if fox stays.

nobody on this board have any love for the BEAST in my sig, VON MILLER? :thumbsup:

aaah..not sure man. this is a very high risk/potentially high reward pick (quinn)..i dunno..to take a guy at 3 who has only really had one great season in college and has been off this entire season is just wayyyyy too risky for me.

considering Fox will probably be out of Carolina this season, you can bet your ass that if Luck comes out, and carolina has the #1 pick, the new coach is going to want his guy at QB. they'd probably take luck at 1 even if fox stays.

nobody on this board have any love for the BEAST in my sig, VON MILLER? :thumbsup:

Von Miller, no thanks....I didn't like him the first time when his name was Aaron Maybin :thumbdown:

I know it's a risky proposition, given our recent history drafting "one year wonders," but I really think that Quinn will be the best defensive player taken in this draft. He's big (6-5 270), fast (clocked at 4.38 in the 40) and tremendously athletic. Watch some film on the guy, particularly the you tube clip of him vs. Anthony Castonso, and you will notice that he relies on both his strength and speed to rush the passer. He is also very stout holding up blockers against the rush. He could very aptly play OLB in the 3-4, and if they decide to go with the 4-3 next season, he could play DE. Hell, he could probably play DE in the 3-4 if needed. I really think he will develop into a Julius Peppers type defensive player.

IMHO you should not compare Luck to these QB's, they had multiple years of success in college being the major engine behind there offense. I believe Peyton started all four years, last year Luck gained recognition as a compliment to Gerhardt so this is really his 1st yr of being the man. At the beginning of the season, poster were enamored with Locker ( who previously showed promise after a one yr as the focus of his offense) what has happened since explains my hesitation with one yr performers.Give Luck time, he hasn't even declared or at least wait to see him play in the conference champ or bowl season before anointing him a franchise savior.

My picks would go along the lines of drafting 1st-OT- Constanzo (BC), 2nd- best avail def play maker either DL or OLB and 3rd- see 2nd rd.. I would then move Bell to RT, sign the best 3-4 avail FA LB (D. Harris)and the rest of the picks would go to interior line depth and best avail player. We have the money to after quality FA's, the Bills have been so far below the cap for the past 3-5 yrs and it shows depth wise. Could you imagine this offense with consistent solid OL play, esp for the run game and with the chemistry that Fitz has developed with Gailey could be? Couple that with an opportunistic front seven which makes the secondary that much better...I dunno know bout you but hell, I can't wait another 10 yrs. Pretty sure Ralph and Nix can't either...

constanzo is the best LT in the draft so far. but in a year that LT isnt as strong as DL it wouldnt make to much sense to take um that high. kind of reaching for need. id rather take best player available. and itll be quinn/bowers or andrew luck

I dunno know bout you but hell, I can't wait another 10 yrs. Pretty sure Ralph and Nix can't either...

You need to refresh your memory. The owner emphatically stated that there needs to be PATIENCE AND PAIN. He included that he might not be around when things finally get turned around. You might feel an urgency but he doesn't. He's the boss. And don't you forget it. :doh: